360 Warranty

Domino427

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm looking at buying a 360 off ebay. My question is, how does the warranty work. I'm under the impression that it's started when the system is registered. Is that true? I won't be getting the original receipt, so I wanna make sure that I'm gonna get my warranty.

[quote name='shrike4242']If it hasn't been registered, they go off of manufacture date or receipt date, whichever is present.[/quote]

So since I won't be getting a receipt, it'll start from the date it was made?

Or is it that just if I don't register it? Because I'll be able to register it when I get it.

Sorry for all the questions...I just wanna be sure before I spend the money.

[quote name='Domino427']So since I won't be getting a receipt, it'll start from the date it was made?

Or is it that just if I don't register it? Because I'll be able to register it when I get it.

Sorry for all the questions...I just wanna be sure before I spend the money.[/quote]

Is it new or used? That's a huge factor.

[quote name='Domino427']So since I won't be getting a receipt, it'll start from the date it was made?

Sorry for all the questions...I just wanna be sure before I spend the money.[/quote]
I think they'll defer to manufacture date over registration date, since the date information is encoded in the serial number. A receipt overrides manufacture date, as the manufacture date is a fall-back for no receipt. Helps them from getting screwed on a year+ old system that's being registered today, when it would be out of warranty.

[quote name='sp00ge']Is it new or used? That's a huge factor.[/quote]

The one I was looking at was new.

Now the one I'm checking out is a refurb that was fixed due to the Ring of Death. They claim that MS says that problem will never resurface, and the customer bought a 2-year extended warranty (through May 2009) through MS. It's appx. $100 off. Good deal, safe deal? Or should I stay away?

[quote name='shrike4242']I think they'll defer to manufacture date over registration date, since the date information is encoded in the serial number. A receipt overrides manufacture date, as the manufacture date is a fall-back for no receipt. Helps them from getting screwed on a year+ old system that's being registered today, when it would be out of warranty.[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks a lot shrike. The info is much appreciated.

[quote name='Domino427']The one I was looking at was new.

Now the one I'm checking out is a refurb that was fixed due to the Ring of Death. They claim that MS says that problem will never resurface, and the customer bought a 2-year extended warranty (through May 2009) through MS. It's appx. $100 off. Good deal, safe deal? Or should I stay away?[/quote]

As long as the warranty is transferable, do it. As far as MS guaranteeing them fixed, bullshit. I just got my replacement last friday and last night I discovered 1/3 of my games won't play on the new one. I have a new coffin on it's way to ship this one back.

[quote name='Domino427']The one I was looking at was new.

Now the one I'm checking out is a refurb that was fixed due to the Ring of Death. They claim that MS says that problem will never resurface, and the customer bought a 2-year extended warranty (through May 2009) through MS. It's appx. $100 off. Good deal, safe deal? Or should I stay away?[/quote]

If its $100 off and the warrant yis thrue May 2009...i would go for it. You're paying roughgly $300 i assume (before fees) and its covered for just under 2 more years.

[quote name='SynGamer']If its $100 off and the warrant yis thrue May 2009...i would go for it. You're paying roughgly $300 i assume (before fees) and its covered for just under 2 more years.[/quote]Assuming the 2 year warranty extension isn't BS.

Warranty will transfer.

Last problem is shipping insurance isnt offered.

Not sure if I should do it or not. I emailed him, asking if he'd give me insurance...but who knows.

bread's done
Back