360 wireless and Apple's Airport base station

roachie17

CAGiversary!
I've got 2 Macs and I connect to the internet using Apple's wireless Airport base station. I just got a 360 and I would like to connect to XBox Live wirelessly. I've already got XBox Live working using my wired DSL modem. Does anyone here connect wirelessly to XBox Live using the Apple Airport base station? Any comments about your experiences would be great as I do not want to spend $99 on the wireless adapter if there is no chance that it will work with my home networking setup.

Thanks!

With the airport it should be just plug and go...Depending on the encryption (WPA, WEB, or WPA2) it could take extra time to get it set up. Also using MAC Filtering (not related to apple computers; its a technical term for blocking users off your wifi) might make setting up your 360 wirelessly a little harder because you'd have to get your 360's MAC address and add it's MAC address to the list of devices you allow on your network. Now if you have no clue what I'm talking about, then I'm under the assumption you're on an unsecured wifi connection; which is bad for security and a generally stupid idea, but it makes setting up devices a lot easier. All you have to do is make sure your 360 is picking up a signal and you should be able to get on live.

Almost always with apple's airport models, if you can pick up a signal and have no deterrents that stop people from getting on your network such as WEB Pass, WPA, WPA 2, and MAC filtering, then a device can get online with relative ease. It's setting up the protection and making sure a device is compatible with all your deterrents that can becomes the challenging part. As I said before if you have none of these deterrents in place you should be able to get on live without doing much work at all. It should be plug and play all the way.

Thanks for the info. I'm using an encrypted WEP password and my network worked with my PSP without any hassle after just entering the network name and the WEP password. Hopefully, it should be the same with the 360.

bread's done
Back