360 won't connect to wired network?

Clak

CAGiversary!
Haven't used my 360 in a while. Today I turned it on and it refuses to connect to Live. It doesn't seem to even recognize it's connected to my wired network. Worked fine a few months ago. The only thing that's changed seems to be this new dashboard. I read there were some problems with it, but I can't find a solution. I can't even test the wired connection, it seems to think there's no network cable connected to it. Anyone have a similar problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this. Go to system Settings then go to the network settings if you are wired to the router click wired network if not click wireless network. then click restore factory defaults on the network settings and then try again. I would also restart your modem and router.

That's the problem, I can't get past the network settings screen. I pick wired and it tells me to connect the cable and all. I've already restarted my gateway.

Yeah I've tried another cable. I've got ATT Uverse internet service and I'm using just their standard gateway, no other router or switch. Yeah the xbox.com solution thing was useless. i can't even get into the wired settings just to reset them.

Well they think it's the ethernet card that's dead in it, they want $100 to fix it, part of me would rather buy a new xbox or buy a wireless adapter for it instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently the NIC on the xbox is manufactured like a regular motherboard so you can't replace it as far as I can tell.

If it were me I'd buy a new 360 and turn the existing one with blown NIC into a project 360 if you know what I mean.

I remember some old Uverse routers would have a hard limit on the amount of devices that could be attached to it (which counted both hard wired and wireless.) One in particular that I worked on had a max of 4 connections. Anything that would be connected after 4 would not work, even wired.

I don't know if they still make them with this limitation but something to look into.

bread's done
Back