360's at Circuit City Sunday, 3/5

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I searched and didn't see this posted. If it is, you know what to do, mods.

Most, if not all, CC's have 360's in stock and will start selling them Sunday morning, 3/5. My store has 11 premiums and 6 cores. Most stores should have similar numbers if not more. The stores have been sent vouchers again so if you want one just get there early and you can come back later when the stores open at 10am. If your store knows what they're doing (which is questionable) they should be out offering them to whoever is waiting. There should be fairly high interest since a lot of cities can get the Sunday paper on Saturday afternoon and this will be in the ad, front page I believe. I've been getting calls all week asking so I expect a line at my store. Anyway, if you're looking to buy one, go get one. Post any questions you might have and I'll try to answer them. Make it quick, though, I'm going out of town early Saturday morning.

BTW, corporate has officially said that 360's can NOT be sold in a forced bundle so don't let any stores BS you into getting something you don't want.

Wow, you guys are STILL having trouble finding these? Seems like I see them in stock at just about every store I go to these days.

I haven't seen a premium in a few weeks, but I've seen quite few Cores at Target and Wal-mart in the last couple of weeks...finally got my premium this week from another CAG...Got to say I'm Loving it :D

[quote name='Rictor']Wow, you guys are STILL having trouble finding these? Seems like I see them in stock at just about every store I go to these days.[/quote]

If I had to guess (and I am) I would say that CC has been doing some stockpiling for this. They're promoting this (at least internally, I haven't seen the ad yet) as a relaunch and it looks like they've tried to make sure they have enough inventory on hand to back up the advertising. Judging by the amount of calls I've received there still seems to be plenty of demand for the 360, at least in my area.

The polaris location uin ohio is getting 8 premiums and 6 cores...I can confirm this..as I work in the PST section and we are definitely gearing up for this relaunch.

Bill Sheppard

Yes, neocisco the ad is on the front page of the Sunday Ad that I have from my local newspaper with a big screen tv with Harry Potter on it and other home entertainment center equipment.

How is this a relaunch if you are getting less than twenty systems?

I wouldn't say I see them at every store I go to, but I see them often enough, so I'm a bit surprised these are somewhat difficult to find.

this drought is ridiculous...sure, they had manufacturing problems but it's been 5 months since launch, stores should've been flooded months ago. I really hope this doesn't happen with the Revolution or PS3.

[quote name='spiderdog']I have not seen a 360 anywhere I am in Tampa Bay Area[/QUOTE]

Same here, and I must go to a ton of places that sell games every week. It's pretty sad that it's March and these still aren't widely available (i.e go into a store on any given day and just grab one).

There really should be no need for a CC "re-launch" and more people fighting over one 5 months after launch, but thats just my opinion.

[quote name='Roufuss']There really should be no need for a CC "re-launch" and more people fighting over one 5 months after launch, but thats just my opinion.[/quote]

It's actually only 3 and a half, but I agree with you nonetheless.

I've seen a few cores here and there, but I've yet to have seen a premuim, outside the one my cousin owns.

Guess they're (finally) starting to get over the shortage. I perdict an abudance of 360 systems (either model) by the beginning of April.

[quote name='Rictor']Wow, you guys are STILL having trouble finding these? Seems like I see them in stock at just about every store I go to these days.[/QUOTE]

I saw a Premium in a local Fred Meyer, once. Same day I went to 8 or so other major stores (Target, Wal-Mart, etc..) and none of them had a single thing.

For those in Cincinnati with a CostCo membership the Tri-county location has about 10 in stock at $489. They are a bundle that includes Premium system, two controllers, recharge battery/cable for one controller, headset, and a copy of PGR.

A descent deal if you want the extra stuff and th game.

Yeah it sucks if you're in America maybe, but if you live in Europe MS didn't screw you over by six months or more like usually happens. You got to remember the big picture. Anyhow I do have to say this MS hit it big with the Achievement points and all, Duking it out with your buddies to get the best score really gives replayability to old games.

[quote name='cdeener']

How is this a relaunch if you are getting less than twenty systems?[/QUOTE]

Most CC's don't get huge shipments... We had maybe 20 on the original launch day.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Woot... looks like I know what 99% of my shift tommorow will be like. ;)[/quote]

HAHA I can see it already:

10 am: "Do you have any 360's?"

"No sorry sold out"

Noon: "Do you have any 360's?"

"No we are sold out"

6pm: "Do you have any 360's?"

After hours of repeating the same thing you have now recorded it and also taped a sign to your head that says," NO WE ARE SOLD OUT!"

I just returned my newly-bought Xbox so I can pick up a 360 tomorrow. I called my CC, and the guy did say there was going to be some in stock tomorrow, but they were selling them on a first-come, first-served basis.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I just returned my newly-bought Xbox so I can pick up a 360 tomorrow. I called my CC, and the guy did say there was going to be some in stock tomorrow, but they were selling them on a first-come, first-served basis.[/quote]

If people know about it you better get down there at about 3 am. I got lucky that my kmart was so hidden that I didn't have to be there til 4 am even though I got there at 10pm and slept in the car.

[quote name='spiderdog']I have not seen a 360 anywhere I am in Tampa Bay Area[/quote]

I'm from the tampa area and have seen them in stock twice, at the BB in Citrus Park, and the CC in Brandon. I had to ask for it both times as they weren't out on the floor.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Woot... looks like I know what 99% of my shift tommorow will be like. ;)[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I'll be right there with ya man. Open til close is going to be a fun shift tomorrow...

Here in upstate NY, I have never seen a 360 either, and this is form someone who constantly frequents my local Walmarts, Targets, EB Games, etc.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']If people know about it you better get down there at about 3 am. I got lucky that my kmart was so hidden that I didn't have to be there til 4 am even though I got there at 10pm and slept in the car.[/quote]

Wow, I was thinking that getting there around 9 a.m. would give me plenty of time. I don't think I'm gung-ho enough to get up there at 4 a.m. to sit in a line for hours.

We'll see how my plan works in about 12 hours.

I saw my first preowned 360 at my local Rhino last week. An interesting side-note, when I asked if it was core or premium the guy working there said all of their used systems would be sold as core, since corporate office has instructed them to remove the HD's & sell them seperately. Sneaky. ;)

[quote name='abhinav']Core and premiums are still selling very well in Maryland, thanks for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Best Buy Columbia, MD told me they had core packs yesterday but the premiums still go the morning they arrive. The employee told me they come on Wednesday mornings every two weeks.

I'm stil holding out for the walk-in purchase. First time I see a premium on the shelf, I'll get it.

Living in Charlotte, NC.

I travel around the state each week for my job, and I usually check the Walmarts and EBs in the little hick towns. I have never seen a core or premium 360.

Living in Charlotte, NC.

I travel around the state each week for my job, and I usually check the Walmarts and EBs everywhere, even in the little hick towns. I have never seen a core or premium 360.:cry:

[quote name='xbob']Agreed. Best Buy Columbia, MD told me they had core packs yesterday but the premiums still go the morning they arrive. The employee told me they come on Wednesday mornings every two weeks.

I'm stil holding out for the walk-in purchase. First time I see a premium on the shelf, I'll get it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds about right, got lucky at the Laurel Maryland location like that, surprisingly still had the premiums in stock around 5 pm on a thursday , needless to say bought one on the spot. Was out helping a friend track one down and target had a core xbox 360 sitting around for a few days, guess with a shortage of hard drives nobody wanted to take the plunge.

These are becoming a easy thing to find. CC getting them, and EB and GS are getting some on 3/18 or something like that. I think once tomb raider comes out and gets good reviews I will pick one up.

I have seen ONE Core system in an out-of-the-way Target. That's it. I even worked at Target over the Holidays and never saw one. They literally sell them as they come off the truck.

I strolled in about 20 minutes after it opened and picked up a Premium. From what it looked like, no one really even knew about CC getting them in cause there wasn't a line of any sort.

We had a few people outside this morning at Coon Rapids/Northtown for the 360 relaunch. Its been very successful for the most part here - lots of happy people getting a 360. :D

gamecrazies around my area got them in last friday and i skipped us history to get it, but that didnt turn out to be well, the mini quiz we had, like 6 or 7 of the 20 questions on it was from material we went over the class i skipped, so i got all of those but 1 wrong

They had 'em at the CC near me, but eh I resisted. I have too many games as it is. The no interest for 18 months for $499 worth of gaming stuff was tempting tho.

bread's done
Back