360s on a plane?

EnderA6

CAGiversary!
With the busy holiday season rapidly approaching and many people traveling to celebrate with family, I've been wondering if I should bring my 360 with me to my parent's house. But the question is what is the best way to travel with a 360 on a plane?
I don't know if I trust the baggage handlers to be as careful as I would be with my 360, but can you take a 360 carry-on?
Any horror stories or good ideas?

Yea take it as a carry on, like in a backpack or something. Also a good place to put some snakes in if you hollow out your 360.

Dude they will call bomb squad on you and sic the terrorist biting dogs on you. Run away. Seriously though don't tell a bomb joke, lymric, riddle, or anecdote and you will be fine............also don't mention Star Jones in any way.

[quote name='bortle']You can definitely carry them on. You just have to take it out to be scanned separately like a laptop.[/quote]

Your fine to travel with it i do it all the time. I actualy never had a problem with that until I was coming back to Tampa from Iowa.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Yea take it as a carry on, like in a backpack or something. Also a good place to put some snakes in if you hollow out your 360.[/quote]

So Im not the only one thinking of snakes on a plane jokes:applause: I feel better

I did it two years ago going from Orlando to New Orleans

I put it back in the retail box and then put it in my suitcase. They scanned the suitcase, opened it up, swabbed it with stuff to detect gunpower and then sent me on my way.

I checked the bag at the gate both time and it was just fine.

you can travel with it just fine, make sure you bring it as a carry on. (like in a backpack or something) They will make you take it out to scan (like a laptop or video camera) the X-rays won't mess anything up with the 360.

Definitely do carry-on. And wrap it up in some sweaters or a blanket or something in case it gets a little man-handled going through security or when people are cramming their bags into the overhead.

They may or may not make you take it out of the bag when you go through security. I have not had to the two times I've flown with my 360 -- if they say "remove laptops" then that's all you have to remove, but if it's "remove laptops, camcorders, and electronics" then you'll have to pop it out of your bag.

[quote name='cindersphere']Seriously though don't tell a bomb joke, lymric, riddle, or anecdote and you will be fine............also don't mention Star Jones in any way.[/quote]

Seconded. I haven't even been to an airport but I read about some girl being accused as a terrorist (And missing her flight) Since she said to a friend "I guess they look for bombs" But the security thought that she said "I hope they don't find the bomb in my bag"

I just came in here to say "I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERfuckING XBOXES ON THIS MOTHERfuckING PLANE!!"

Edit: wow, I expected some shaq-fus in there.

6p8592a.jpg

You're good to go, just have 'em run it through the scanner thing as they would anything else.

#-o @ those stupid snakes on a plane jokes, the first one buried it, no need for another stupid one. :]

I'm in the same boat, I will be taking all of my 360 things on the plane with me, and not leaving my sight until I'm back home playing it again.

~HotShotX

[quote name='PyroGamer']
6p8592a.jpg
[/QUOTE]
So thats why they couldn't take off the engines over-heated.

[quote name='TFN']
#-o @ those stupid snakes on a plane jokes, the first one buried it, no need for another stupid one. :]
[/quote]
Dude, I'm surprised it took 14 posts for someone to even mention it.

[quote name='cindersphere']Dude they will call bomb squad on you and sic the terrorist biting dogs on you. Run away. Seriously though don't tell a bomb joke, lymric, riddle, or anecdote and you will be fine............also don't mention Star Jones in any way.[/quote]

Me=Loss of words... and :rofl:

P.S. When the F*** is written in all caps it doesn't swith to Shaq-fu

[quote name='Mrcapcom']So Im not the only one thinking of snakes on a plane jokes:applause: I feel better[/quote]

LOL that was the real reason I checked this thead :lol:

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Dude, I'm surprised it took 14 posts for someone to even mention it.[/quote]

same when i 1st saw this thread i was expecting a snakes on a plane reference :lol:

I've taken my 360 to Indonesia and back. On the way to Indonesia, I brought the entire console as a carry on. On the way back, I packed the PSU and video cables in my luggage. It made the load on my back much easier to carry. :)

I travel for a living and take my second xbox with me most of the time. I have done both carry on and checkin. No problems with either.

when i carry on, i stick it in my laptop bag. i have the swiss gear patriot and it fits perfectly in the part where the laptop slides in. just perfect space for the xbox and ps and cables. just like others say, you will have to take it out like you would a laptop.

when i checked it in, i just made made sure it was packed snugly.

I was really hoping this thread would be about the logistics of setting up a TV & 360 on some kind of battery power and playing on a plane.

[quote name='garfep']I was really hoping this thread would be about the logistics of setting up a TV & 360 on some kind of battery power and playing on a plane.[/QUOTE]

That's what I expected too: a story of some sad dumbass geek who brought an entire suitcase full of shit just so he didn't have to take a break from Halo for a few hours.

It's the mile-high club for fucking losers.

Well there is a way to play your Xbox 360 online but this goes for about every console Maybe not the wii unless you wanna punch someone in the face

Get a little tv they have mini DVD Players that have AV slots (some with HDMI :bouncy:) plug your 360 into that bla bla bla and then YAY u can play it, It fits right on the Meal Tray!

Although you couldent Get on XBL it would still be a good time waster

AND you would need to get on Bussiness Class and HOPE they have an AC Outlet (98% of Airlines have AC outlets for bussiness Class)

And There you Have it

:bouncy: Happy Gaming in the Air! :bouncy:

bread's done
Back