37" TV for Black Friday? Any good deals?

Poolking99

CAGiversary!
Hey guys. I'm clueless about the whole LCD Plasma debate and the 1080/720 deal. I just want a 37" TV with a good picture. I'm not looking for the most expensive or the least expensive, when I look at the black friday ads I'm looking to spend from 500-700. Have any of you guys looked at the ads and can give me some incite to what the best deal (not the cheapest) you think is out there?

Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks!

Target is going to have an Olevia LCD 37 in 1080i and it also does 720p for I believe like $560. That's a steal, Olevia is a good brand and gets good ratings. You can't go wrong with that set!

wow, thats a great deal at target, I'm going to look into that! Anyone got any others that are on par with that deal?

Thanks for the Vizio deal at Walmart, but I'm guessing the olevia at 560 beats that. But thanks for the suggestion.

In the latest Consumer Reports, Olevia beat Vizio in all 4 or 5 categories (they had a different category for each major size, i.e. 42", 37", etc.) except for one, which is right below it. Also, being the cheap ass I am, I'd go with the Olevia.

thanks again guys for all the help, i knew where to come to get a straight answer and no tech BS that I don't care about.

[quote name='bone_matrix']In the latest Consumer Reports, Olevia beat Vizio in all 4 or 5 categories (they had a different category for each major size, i.e. 42", 37", etc.) except for one, which is right below it. Also, being the cheap ass I am, I'd go with the Olevia.[/quote]

Does anyone know if I can go to Target tonight and buy the 37" Olevia for $800 and go to Target on friday and show them the receipt and get the $250 I would svae if I bought the tv that day for $550?

Any word of if I would have to wait in line or something? Or should I be able to get my hands one of these on Friday? I hate waiting in lines :(

BTW nice sig Moxio, his face looks alittle odd, but in a good way ;)

A couple of people on the AVS forums said that their targets had confirmed they would be able to bring in the receipt Friday for the price change. I went tonight to try but they told me they were holding all the units until Friday. I'm probably going to hit up the rest of the targets in my area tomorrow and give it a shot.

[quote name='JustBlaze']Any word of if I would have to wait in line or something? Or should I be able to get my hands one of these on Friday? I hate waiting in lines :(

BTW nice sig Moxio, his face looks alittle odd, but in a good way ;)[/quote]

I doubt that you'll be able to walk in and just get one. You are familiar with Black Friday and all and how people start lining up the night before!

I dont really think this is the best deal around. I dont think people will be waiting all night for this tv. There are a couple other decent deals.

Hey Rumble, what other deals do you think are on par or better? Just want to evaluate everything before Friday. Thanks!

Some might be a little out of your range. But i think all those seem like decent deals. I posted a deal yesterday for a 42 hitachi plasma for 776$ but they sold out real fast. i didnt even get to get one. and i really wanted one.

Yea, I saw that 42" this morning and they were out at the local stores and online. (My gf is looking for a 42"). The TV is for my bedroom and I am pushing the size at 37 for where I want it to go, but thanks for the other Olevia deal. Do you know what the difference is between the two, the one at target and the one at CC. Is it just the model, or is there something I'm missing more.

How big of a difference does contrast ratios make on these LCD tvs? I am a HDTV noob so I assume the bigger the better. I've been looking at top brand 37-42" 720 screens with 8000:1-10000:1 at a cost of around $990-1170 before 10% coupon at Best Buy. How big of a difference would there be between these tvs and say a Samsung 37" with 8000:1 assuming a big difference?

Not trying to threadjack but....

Any recommendations? I have 10% coupon and need to go check these out in store for 1st hand thoughts..
Sony Bravia 46" 1080p rear projection LCD $1300
^free upconverting Sony dvd player

LG - 42" 720p Flat-Panel LCD $1150

Samsung - 37" 720p Flat-Panel LCD $990

Or something totally different or that Sharp Aquos CC BF deal or anything else?
thanks for any help. :D

Speaking of 37".. I am pretty convinced that I will be getting the 37" Olevia from target for $550..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/MIGGO_ZERO/targetad.jpg\

Few questions?

I know it's the shittiest thing you've ever seen, but it's much more than I need when I use it to play my 360.. Anyways, will that hook up with the Olevia TV above? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810671

Another question, will a 360 look good on this tv?

Any more info on tv would be appreciated. Thank you.

[quote name='JustBlaze']Speaking of 37".. I am pretty convinced that I will be getting the 37" Olevia from target for $550..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/MIGGO_ZERO/targetad.jpg\

Few questions?

I know it's the shittiest thing you've ever seen, but it's much more than I need when I use it to play my 360.. Anyways, will that hook up with the Olevia TV above? http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4810671

Another question, will a 360 look good on this tv?

Any more info on tv would be appreciated. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

It's a good set, and you're 360 will look excellent on it. Olevia makes a good budget HDTV.

OP/Shady and others,

Look up the model numbers and go search www.avs.com

Most the Sonys and samsungs have a clouding issue, there are other potential issues like backlight bleedthrough, and Green or Red push.

I would hit up www.cnet.com, or consumerreports.org, and then AVS forum.

I went with a Toshiba and its inbelievable.

check to see if you have a new 360 batch with the HDMI ports. if it doesnt have it, then obviously just connect it with component cables. HDMI stands for high def. multimedia interface, its not too much of a difference for 720p - 1080i but some tvs only accept 1080p via hdmi

bread's done
Back