$399 20 GB PS3 at FYE

ruffinra

CAGiversary!
Yesterday my friend purchased a 20 GB PS3 for $399 at FYE in the Galleria Mall in the St. Louis area. This is the price that they are charging for all of there leftover 20 GB stock. If you are in the St. Louis area though you will be out of luck since we called around and every FYE was out of stock and my friend bought the last one at the Galleria. I am not sure if this has been posted or not but so far this has been the best deal on the remaining 20 gb ps3's. I think gamestop charges $369 so I figured I would help some CAG's on here since you guys have already helped me numerous times with deals.

[quote name='ruffinra']Yesterday my friend purchased a 20 GB PS3 for $399 at FYE in the Galleria Mall in the St. Louis area. This is the price that they are charging for all of there leftover 20 GB stock. If you are in the St. Louis area though you will be out of luck since we called around and every FYE was out of stock and my friend bought the last one at the Galleria. I am not sure if this has been posted or not but so far this has been the best deal on the remaining 20 gb ps3's. I think gamestop charges $369 so I figured I would help some CAG's on here since you guys have already helped me numerous times with deals.[/quote]Nice to see another St. Louis CAG around. :D

GS charges $369 for a used 20GB PS3, and GC charges $339.99.

For a new PS3 20GB, GS/EB is charging $449.99, so you did make a great deal with a 20GB.

My local fye doesn't even have the 60 GB model in stock. I wanted to try and snag one for 450 since they started running a promotion for 10% off all videogame hardware. I doubt if they'll get any more in because the point of the sale seems to be to clear out all of their videogame stock.

I'm not sure if my friend recieved the rebate or not, I will have to ask him but I'm pretty sure that he did since the ad just says buy a new ps3 and doesn't specify which one.

My FYE had a sign that said "PS3 PRICE DROP - 20gb $400, 60gb $500" But when we asked they said there were none in stock. I found that weird they advertised the 20gb if none were in stock. I had to bite on the 60gb though, lol

[quote name='MillerTime2523']My FYE had a sign that said "PS3 PRICE DROP - 20gb $400, 60gb $500" But when we asked they said there were none in stock. I found that weird they advertised the 20gb if none were in stock. I had to bite on the 60gb though, lol[/quote]

maybe they sold out already? I'm sure there are tons of people that would pick up the 20gb on an impulse buy if they saw it for 4 bills

I'm a St. Louisian by birth and childhood, sadly a job and a family moved me to Tulsa.

But in gaming news I'll have to check out my FYE, if it does indead come with a $30 rebate I might have to bite.

But correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 20 gig NOT have integrated wi-fi and card reader?

I picked up a 20GB yesterday at the FYE in Tampa's University Mall. I called every FYE in Tampa Bay, and that was the only 20 gig around. I saw the $399 price mentioned in a thread somewhere on CAG.

So, what's this about a rebate? Nobody said anything about that to me when I bought it. :whistle2:k

Edit:

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']But correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 20 gig NOT have integrated wi-fi and card reader?[/quote]
You're correct. It doesn't matter to me, because I don't need the card reader and my house is wired.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']But correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the 20 gig NOT have integrated wi-fi and card reader?[/quote]

You're correct. It doesn't matter to me, because I don't need the card reader and my house is wired.

[quote name='imascrub']maybe they sold out already? I'm sure there are tons of people that would pick up the 20gb on an impulse buy if they saw it for 4 bills[/quote]
IIRC they said they never got them or they havent had them for a long time.. Thats why I was suprised they advertised it.

For me, and for other people with the same problem as myself, this isn't much of a deal. The NY City and State tax makes this 430...

for 20 dollars more I could have a shipped one from amazon, and if I had jumped when they were offering the free remote and movie, it would have been better

[quote name='MillerTime2523']IIRC they said they never got them or they havent had them for a long time.. Thats why I was suprised they advertised it.[/quote]

lol, are you Chad? I saw that funny ass video on Youtube of Chad talking about PS3 better than Wii. He got owned bad by some of other replies. :rofl:

[quote name='linkpwns']For me, and for other people with the same problem as myself, this isn't much of a deal. The NY City and State tax makes this 430...

for 20 dollars more I could have a shipped one from amazon, and if I had jumped when they were offering the free remote and movie, it would have been better[/quote]

Wouldn't a PS3 at Amazon be $70 more, since they sell it for $499.99?

[quote name='elmyra']Wouldn't a PS3 at Amazon be $70 more, since they sell it for $499.99?[/quote]

Whoops, yea, I was out of wack...

But I mean, after a 30 dollar movie and a 20 dollar controller... (I think it's 20)

well the local FYE's in Oregon (no tax there) are all out of all models, 60 and 20. The one in WA (8.2% sales tax) has a 60 but even with the MIR that would be $41 tax - $30 MIR = $11 too much. (I am a CAG, after all. Every dollar counts.)

I just stopped by my FYE (in Westchester, NY) they were selling 60 gig SKU's for $469.99 (after a $30 mail in rebate)... They had 2 left apparently... Is this deal similar to anyone elses?...

^same here on long island, NY
they said 469.99 after a $30 mail in rebate. Rather get another controller/blu ray remote

bread's done
Back