$399 40GB PS3 + Controller + 5 Blu-Ray's + $100 Credit w/Credit App. @ SonyStyle

DaIllOne

CAG Veteran
Ok here is the deal, this will be for the upcoming $399 PS3 (hitting shelves 11/02/07), and the deal only applies if you buy at the Sony Style Stores or Sony Style Website. The new $399 PS3 will come with the Free Spiderman3 BR movie, in addition to the 5 Free by mail BR movies, plus you can rack up enough Sony Style Card points to get another BR movie or two.
To take advantage of this offer, you will need to apply for the Sony Style store card which will qualify you for the $100 instant Discount and 12 months No Interest on all purchases $299 and up.

Direct Promo Link:

Additional Details:

Sony Card Benefits:
12 months no interest on purchases of $299 or more at SonyStyle2
Full Platinum Visa® benefits
5 Sony Rewards Points per $1 spent at SonyStyle.com, and Sony Style® stores3 (that equals 2000 rewards points = plenty for an additional Free BD movie or two)
Exclusive members-only deals on Sony products
Get a $100 card credit after your first qualifying purchase of $299 or more
Don't settle for an ordinary credit card. Enjoy more points, more savings, more prizes and more fun with Sony Card. Get instant approval and a $100 card credit after your first qualifying Sony Card purchase of $299 or more!

Find more online using the links provided above or visiting your local Sony Style Store (New Accounts Only)

It's a legit site - I have their credit card (I got it a few months back when they were offering a straight $150 check with no strings attached).

[quote name='evilmax17']Anybody have any experience with this site? Real deal or spam?[/quote]

IIRC, sonystyle is the official Sony retail site. However, this is giving off a bit of a spam vibe, especially the bottom half linking to and giving info for the sony card. That and the OP just joined and this is their only post.

this is not a deal...its a credit card promotion and the title is misleading..its not 299 to buy and it sounds like three blu rays are packed in...most people are not going to read w/SM 3 blu ray packed in as 'with spiderman 3 blu ray packed in' but rather .....'with unknown gibberish 3 blu ray packed in'.

[quote name='K_G']this is not a deal...its a credit card promotion and the title is misleading..its not 299 to buy and it sounds like three blu rays are packed in...most people are not going to read w/SM 3 blu ray packed in as 'with spiderman 3 blu ray packed in' but rather .....'with unknown gibberish 3 blu ray packed in'.[/quote]

I totally understood it... dunno where you got confused about.

I actually read it as "Super Mario 3" which got me more confused than "giberish 3 blu rays".

either way, I see the point. "w/ SM3 blu ray" would have been easier to get the context of, IMO.

It is spam, but the site is legit. I've gotten 2 or 3 BRs from them. Worst packaging ever, but you will get your stuff (The discs were vaccu-sealed between two pieces of cardboard). And I too had no idea what the fuck "/SM 3 pack in" meant. And regardless of anything else, it's sure as hell not a video game deal. What? Some people play games on their PS3s? LIES.

While it does seem suspect that he is a new member and this is his only post... it is a good deal. I would jump on it if there were any PS3 only games that I wanted to play. For multiconsole games my platform of choice is Xbox 360.

site obviously is legit

hell, that's how i got my ps3 at launch time (ordered the 60GB on there with a bit of heads up info a little while before the leftover SCEA employee stock was going to be put up on there)

Spam. Decent deal, I guess, also there is no way with this one purchase you'll earn enough points to get two more blu-ray movies.

The OP could potentially be spam, but the site and deal seem to be legit enough.

Although, the OP joined about a week ago, and then posted this today. Most spammers I've seen don't tend to wait that long.

This deal has been posted previously. This is not spam and really isn't that bad of a post if no mention of 40gb sku in prior posts. Although most Cag's are aware of the sonystyle site and this deal.

So basically you apply now, then wait til the new 40 gig sku shows up on the sonystyle page to use your discount on. Is there no time limit on when you can use your 100 dollar rebate?

What's with all these idiots saying this site is spam and other bullshit? Obviously, they've never heard of a Sony Style credit card nor have they heard of the website. If you paid any attention or even bothered looking up old threads on these forums and other deal sites, you assholes would notice that there have been numerous Sony Style credit card sign up deals.

I signed up for this card a while back when they offered $150 after any purchase. Still not a bad deal, but it doesn't seem like shipping is free and adding tax to the equation only negates any savings from this, not that you have to buy a ps3 with the money.

I signed up for this card last year when you got $150 credit after your first purchase. For those worried about shipping costs, there's nothing that says you have to buy the console online. In fact, I think it's better to get the card and then go get the 80gb w/Motorstorm or the 40gb from a B&M Sony Style store. In my experience, the credit will show up on your first billing statement.

Spam? Learn what spam is first before you call it that. You can also make your purchase at the Sony Style retail store. There's one in Atlanta (Lenox Square) if you live in that area.

[quote name='zewone']Do you guys even know what spam is?[/quote]
I think what we have here is overzealous, newly minted Forum Guides looking for something to do. No offense to them, but calling a post for the official Sony store as SPAM is more than a little ridiculous.

BTW, the site does say Weekend Special: Free shipping on all purchases. Ends Monday.
So there should be no worries about shipping costs. I won't pick it up because I have a PS3, but it seems to not be a terrible deal.

[quote name='fwacce']I think what we have here is overzealous, newly minted Forum Guides looking for something to do. No offense to them, but calling a post for the official Sony store as SPAM is more than a little ridiculous.[/quote]
No, the only thing that is spam-like is the fact he came here to post this deal while hocking the credit card. I'm doubting it's just some random individual who happened to come across this 'deal,' but someone working for Sony to drum up more Credit Card customers. This in fact would qualify as spam for that reason alone.

But as said, since their technically is a deal included, it'll stay put unless cheapy or a mod says otherwise.

BTW, sorry for where it says edited in your post, I accidentally clicked the wrong button. Nothing was changed, :oops:

[quote name='angelfly']Do you have to be accepted to get the $100 off or do you just need to apply?[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? :)

[quote name='sp00ge']No, the only thing that is spam-like is the fact he came here to post this deal while hocking the credit card. I'm doubting it's just some random individual who happened to come across this 'deal,' but someone working for Sony to drum up more Credit Card customers. This in fact would qualify as spam for that reason alone.

But as said, since their technically is a deal included, it'll stay put unless cheapy or a mod says otherwise.

BTW, sorry for where it says edited in your post, I accidentally clicked the wrong button. Nothing was changed, :oops:[/quote]

I think these Sonystyle card threads should be deleted. It's the same offer over and over, just repackaged with different advertisement combos. OK, so it is gaming related, but on that logic why not post deals on every damn credit card in existence, since you could theoretically use them to purchase gaming hardware?

i signed up for the $150 dollar one and decided to not buy the ps3

instead i bought a 1080p hd dvd player from amazon for $320

on my statement they still gave me the $150 off even though i didn't buy a sony product and not from the sony store

so just use the rebate on anything not a ps3

Yeah, the guys over at Slickdeals have been reporting that it was working with any purchase over $299. People were getting money back for buying like Onkyo systems at Amazon. Might be worth it to call in advance to confirm that though.

Anyone know how to get to any ps3 system on this offer besides the 80gb? I can't find it surfing around.

A direct link to that system on their site would be appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I concluded that the system is most likely not going to be available until that time frame. I hope they still have free shipping then as well.

[quote name='Sentientv2']Anyone know how to get to any ps3 system on this offer besides the 80gb? I can't find it surfing around.

A direct link to that system on their site would be appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I concluded that the system is most likely not going to be available until that time frame. I hope they still have free shipping then as well.[/QUOTE]

You could also buy it a sonystyle store.

they have a listing on their website of locations

[quote name='Arenium']so... how do you get the free BR movies?[/QUOTE]

OP errored in that you could get 2 additional BR movies using reward points. This isn't possible. at best you'll be award 2000 sony points. The cheapest BR movie is 2895 points. Its possible you might get an addtional 5K points but it says it can't be combined with other offers plus the fine print said it expired back in June. Yet you still see the ad for it.

For sure though you'll be getting 6 BR movies. Spidey 3 which is bundle with it and your choice of 5 BR movies via mail in form. Pirates of the Carribbean #1 being the most notable one.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']~SO~ not worth the effect on your credit rating...[/quote]

Opening a credit card isn't bad for your credit unless you already have shitty credit.

[quote name='binbuy']Opening a credit card isn't bad for your credit unless you already have shitty credit.[/quote]
Your credit score will take a temporary hit and new lines of credit don't look favorable if you are planning to make a major purchase soon and looking to get the best rates available to you.

I'm planning on purchasing a new car whenever I have a chance to actually go shopping and decide what I want so i'm waiting to do that before I go opening more accounts. This is a great deal though as you can dump the bluerays and save even more!

Ok, Can they ship this to a different address? I have an APO address and they dont ship to APOs. Can I ship this to family and have them ship it to me?

Good deal, but it reqiueres too much commitment for me. I dont' want to be stuck in a contract and another card in my wallet. Still thanks OP

if it can be a 300 dollar purchase from anywhere, ill jump in and buy it at amazon for no tax and free ship

anyone know how long this deal is going on for? this will be golden around xmas time when i have some more funds

I might get this. I don't really see a need for more than 2 usb ports and I already have a pstwo so I don't care about backwards compatibility. any other issues with this console?

I ll just use the card once.

I did this deal awhile back with them and got the 60gig with 5 free movies for 350 after the deal. the credit was on my account on the 1st bill. Only thing that sucks is the PS3 has just sat there and collected dust........ kinda a waste of space and money for now maybe something will come out.

bread's done
Back