$399 40GB PS3 + Controller + 5 Blu-Ray's + $100 Credit w/Credit App. @ SonyStyle

DaIllOne

CAG Veteran
Ok here is the deal, this will be for the upcoming $399 PS3 (hitting shelves 11/02/07), and the deal only applies if you buy at the Sony Style Stores or Sony Style Website. The new $399 PS3 will come with the Free Spiderman3 BR movie, in addition to the 5 Free by mail BR movies, plus you can rack up enough Sony Style Card points to get another BR movie or two.
To take advantage of this offer, you will need to apply for the Sony Style store card which will qualify you for the $100 instant Discount and 12 months No Interest on all purchases $299 and up.

Direct Promo Link:

Additional Details:

Sony Card Benefits:
12 months no interest on purchases of $299 or more at SonyStyle2
Full Platinum Visa® benefits
5 Sony Rewards Points per $1 spent at SonyStyle.com, and Sony Style® stores3 (that equals 2000 rewards points = plenty for an additional Free BD movie or two)
Exclusive members-only deals on Sony products
Get a $100 card credit after your first qualifying purchase of $299 or more
Don't settle for an ordinary credit card. Enjoy more points, more savings, more prizes and more fun with Sony Card. Get instant approval and a $100 card credit after your first qualifying Sony Card purchase of $299 or more!

Find more online using the links provided above or visiting your local Sony Style Store (New Accounts Only)

thanks for the deal. I should be getting a new job and never had a credit card before so i think i will actually do the application. Plus the bonus movies this time are much better.

I just filled out the application but didnt get instant approval it said we are contacting your bank or something and i will get results on paper in about 30 days. Anybody else get this?

Maybe will try in the future. Contemplating on selling my Wii during Xmas hype and buying myself a PS3 until I could get another Wii.

[quote name='Import']Maybe will try in the future. Contemplating on selling my Wii during Xmas hype and buying myself a PS3 until I could get another Wii.[/quote]

I'll buy your Wii! Unless of you course you charge $450-$500 like those Ebay people... :cry:

[quote name='Iceman20']I'll buy your Wii! Unless of you course you charge $450-$500 like those Ebay people... :cry:[/QUOTE]

A used wii only goes for 380 tops. Not worth the effort and sellers fees.

I'm confused by all this. What exactly are they peddling? Are they basically giving you a $100 discount on a PS3 for signing up for their lame card? I might consider doing it and cancelling the card if there aren't any painful side-effects.

They were advertising Lair, Heavenly Sword and Uncharted on the info page. Hmm. Appropriate, three games with huge potential that failed (with the exception of Uncharted, which came pretty darn close) and a system with absolutely incredibly potential that is yet largely unfulfilled.

First of all you get one or the other, and you'll need ANOTHER Sony Credit Card to do the 12 month no interest/no payments. Sony Card(s) are a joke.

I got Sony Card myself few month back when they offered $150 credit instead of $100, so far it's been ok until i went to a Sony Style store to buy my wife a Camera for x Mas, i picked out a great camera thinking i could take advantage of the whole 12 month no interest/no payments offer but i was told that i had the wrong Sony Card, what i have is a Sony Visa card by Chase, what i need is a Sony "Financing" card, that's what i was told.
I am cancelling my Sony Card as soon as i pay it off.

Looks like the 100 dollar credit to the card is a bit of a hassle. You have to mail in stuff and wait at least 8-12 weeks for the credit to be posted. I would imagine this could be a big hassle in the end.

Did you guys see that thread where a website is selling a Japanese 60GB PS3 for $384 shipped? Hell, buy that, use this credit card deal, and it could be a $284 PS3 (plus some hassle getting your $100 credit, plus it's a Japanese PS3, which would be okay with me, but I know a lot of people would be sad not being able to access backward compatibility for US stuff since movies and PSOne/Two games are region-locked).

You have to buy a PS3 from a SONY STYLE store if you want the $100 back, duh!
And no need to mail anything in or even do anything, you get credit on your statement within a month.

[quote name='Marat']You have to buy a PS3 from a SONY STYLE store if you want the $100 back, duh!
And no need to mail anything in or even do anything, you get credit on your statement within a month.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Click on the little #1 triangle and it gives the details.

I got the 60GB ps3 from sonystyle when it was $150 off in September or October. There was no form that needed to be filled out to get the credit. The first credit card statement showed that I owed $525 (shipping was free, $25 was for taxes). However, sony credited me before the bill was due and ended up paying $375 (I paid the full balance off online). At that time, there was a sony rewards points promotion that ended up allowing me to get enough points to buy another controller for $3.00. The wait for the 5 free blu-ray movies was painful. I checked this site daily: https://portal.archway.com/run/Lookup?key=BVISTA. Also, I went though fatwallet and got $15 back from them. In conclusion: $363 + patience = 60GB PS3 + controller + 5 free blu-ray movies. Hope this helps.

Yes, that is why I thought it was important to respond about my experience (that was my first post ever, this is my second). My understanding is that you only have to submit a form when you go to a store like Best Buy, CC, or Amazon where Sony can't readily track what Sony products you've bought. Oh, and thank you for reading the fine print. If it weren't for people like you, lots of us would get screwed on the details surrounding these offers.

I would have to read that from this specific offer to believe it. Something from a previous/different offer may not be exactly the same....like the previous offer being 150 credit, not 100.

Ah..good point! Personally, I think the best approach would be to wait until the due date of the first statement (which would be by the end of January). You still have until 02/29/2008 to actually submit the rebate paperwork.

If you don't have to jump through the rebate hoops if you purchase from the sonystyle online site, then that would be great. I'm not seeing anything about that in the terms for this offer, however. I've been thinking of getting a PS3, so I'll have to check do some further investigation into this offer.

[quote name='Marat']First of all you get one or the other, and you'll need ANOTHER Sony Credit Card to do the 12 month no interest/no payments. Sony Card(s) are a joke.

I got Sony Card myself few month back when they offered $150 credit instead of $100, so far it's been ok until i went to a Sony Style store to buy my wife a Camera for x Mas, i picked out a great camera thinking i could take advantage of the whole 12 month no interest/no payments offer but i was told that i had the wrong Sony Card, what i have is a Sony Visa card by Chase, what i need is a Sony "Financing" card, that's what i was told.
I am cancelling my Sony Card as soon as i pay it off.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read on this offer, the 12 months no interest is available for only 1 item $299 or above and I think it read within the first 45 days.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=14190Here is the proof that the credit is automatic for sonystyle.com (I went to sonystyle.com, clicked Computers->Special Offers. Then I clicked "see details" under Get $100 card credit). Don't worry about clicking Computers because this credit applies to anything > $299. Anyhow, I hope you get a PS3 (don't overpay for the HDMI cables!). The bad part is that now I want a PSP, but there are no good deals!

Sony Card is issued by Chase Bank USA, NA, and is subject to credit approval. Your first single sales receipt purchase made at a SonyStyle store, including SonyStyle.com equal or greater than $299 ("Qualifying Purchase") will automatically qualify you for a $100 Statement Credit. Statement Credit will be posted to your Sony Card Statement within 8-12 weeks from Qualifying Purchase. Offer available to new Sony Card accounts only and only one $100 Statement Credit may be earned per Sony Card account. In some instances an application may require additional processing, in which case Instant Credit will be unavailable. When you are approved for the Sony Card, you will receive your account and CVV2 number on-screen. Please make sure to make note of your account and CVV@ number as this information will not be available until you receive your card in the mail. If you are approved, you will be able to make a one-time purchase at SonyStyle.com only, with up to a maximum line of credit of $5,000. Additional purchases with this account cannot be made until your card is received in the mail. This promotional offer is available for new Sony Card account holders only; existing Sony Card account holders or accounts are not eligible.

Just FYI, I applied for this card and went into the local sonystyle store with my printout in order to purchase a PS3. They told me I had to wait for the actual card to show up in order to buy. You can buy online with the printout, but you need the physical card in store.

Problem is, I want to buy it in the store to get the extra controller for free. Hopefully that deal won't end before my card shows up.

I applied online and received instant approval, but it says my card will be mailed within 2 weeks. I was wanting to be able to use this card to buy off the sonystyle online store now, but it doesn't look like I can. I was hoping they would go ahead and give you your account/card number so you could use it right away.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I applied online and received instant approval, but it says my card will be mailed within 2 weeks. I was wanting to be able to use this card to buy off the sonystyle online store now, but it doesn't look like I can. I was hoping they would go ahead and give you your account/card number so you could use it right away.[/quote]

That's weird. I got my account # right away, and it said I could use it to make online purchases right then. If you go into the physical store, you will get an extra free controller though, so it is worth the trip if there is one nearby.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Wrong. Click on the little #1 triangle and it gives the details.[/quote]

No; right. You request the card, get a code number to enter, and use that to buy your PS3 immediately. When you get your first bill for the card the $100 is already subtracted from the total. Personally I payed it off immediately and then cancelled the card, but you have a year to pay interest-free.

I ebay-ed the pack-in Spiderman movie, and the 5 free movies (took about 4 weeks to come). Sold for just under $100 after ebay and paypal fees, so net cost was $200 + tax

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I applied online and received instant approval, but it says my card will be mailed within 2 weeks. I was wanting to be able to use this card to buy off the sonystyle online store now, but it doesn't look like I can. I was hoping they would go ahead and give you your account/card number so you could use it right away.[/quote]

You should have gotten a pop-up with the number to use; it's a one-time use until your card arrives. I'm sure if you call them they will give it to you over the phone.

Wow! That's not a bad idea, really, selling the Blu-rays. So you got a little less than $20 for each of them? I should check the half.com prices. I tend to prefer using that rather than eBay to sell stuff.

i'm tempted to jump on this deal, but nothin on the ps3 really attracts me right now except the blueray player...hopefully its around when some great games that arent multi platform come out

[quote name='devilman2075']i'm tempted to jump on this deal, but nothin on the ps3 really attracts me right now except the blueray player...hopefully its around when some great games that arent multi platform come out[/quote]

Well, I really wanna play Folklore and Warhawk (although do I want to play them for $60? not particularly), and, secondarily, there's Uncharted and Ratchet.

I know what ya mean, though, and I personally don't care about Blu-ray, at least right now. I like it as a format, but I don't care about buying movies on it at the moment.

The PS3 is a great system, and I really hope it gets the support it deserves. As far as multi-platform stuff goes, the PS3 should have the superior versions of games, not inferior. Sad. I do think it will eventually come into its own, as PSOne and PS2 did, and I hope it brings a flood of cool Japanese games with it.

Bank of America has a $100 promotion for signing up for one of their credit cards right now as well after spending $25, and it works anywhere so you can order from Amazon and save on tax/shipping on the ps3/360/wii etc.

Here's the BofA link: https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAB49I&pid=ao&ntnBoxNumber=27

It's also the time of year those $150 or $250 CC offers seem to usually pop up, but if you guys want to keep wasting credit hits on this subpar Sonystyle deal just because it has the word "Sony" on it be my guest...

Has anyone noticed on the SonyStyle main page their now saying their throwing in a free 2nd controller as well? Then when I go to the product page, all it mentions is the five free blu-rays.

I wondering if I order one whether they'll give the free controller.

It's also the time of year those $150 or $250 CC offers seem to usually pop up, but if you guys want to keep wasting credit hits on this subpar Sonystyle deal just because it has the word "Sony" on it be my guest...

Wow, really? Where do you find these offers?

i applied for the credit card but its taking forever to approve me, i spoke to someone about it and they told me it can take upto 30 days!. I wanted it before christmas or even before december 31st were ground shipping would be free, o well atleast i got the second controller free now.

[quote name='V878']Has anyone noticed on the SonyStyle main page their now saying their throwing in a free 2nd controller as well? Then when I go to the product page, all it mentions is the five free blu-rays.

I wondering if I order one whether they'll give the free controller.[/quote]

I'll answer my own question. It adds the second controller as you go through checkout.

I think I might go for this. With the $100 off it comes to $330. Then I can sell the controller (rather get a DualShock 3 as my 2nd controller later) and some of the movies to get a little more off. I spent $320 for a PS2 6.5 years ago and I didn't want to spend more than that on a PS3.

[quote name='PSP2000']does the 2nd free controller offer apply in-store too?[/quote]

Yes, that deal never went away at the store. I picked one up yesterday.

[quote name='blueboy']Yes, that deal never went away at the store. I picked one up yesterday.[/quote]

Sweet!!! I will pick up mine later this week :D

I was looking at the OP and it looks like the promo changed, its a free controller now...also, its kinda misleading as you don't get the PS3 for $299 you just get $100 credit after your $299+ purchase.

EDIT: Changed title to reflect current deal.

bread's done
Back