3D Dot Game Heroes $29.99 + $10 credit @ Amazon (Matched Gamestop) now DEAD

mission42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I have been watching this lately wanting to order it and it had been sitting at $36.99 on Amazon. Today they must have decided to finally match Gamestop and the $29.99 deal with a $10 credit for a future video game purchase. I was able to use my $20 credit from Super Mario Galaxy 2 and get it for $9.99 plus a $10 credit too! Glad Amazon finally matched this. :applause:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J45C/

After searching I see this is posted in the Amazon GC Deal topic but I thought it deserved it's own, if you think I'm wrong, well too bad, better it's posted multiple times so people can see it than buried inside another topic someone might not see. :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a 360 controller for PC games and I still have to agree.

I'd take the DualShock over any controller that has ever come out. I'm not even kidding, infact anyone who says it's a POS clearly hasn't used it/and or for any length of time.

However I think Sony needs to go back to the R2 and L2 of the ps2 days. I hate the triggers.

[quote name='dino88']The only thing you've done since you've started posting in this thread (for a PS3 exclusive game) is trash the PS3. You are nothing but a troll. No one's feelings are hurt, we just pity you. We have enough brain cells to understand that a gaming system is just that, a system to play games on. We don't need to bash one system to feel better about the other. No one in here was discussing PS3 vs XBox vs Wii vs PC. You know why? Because there's no fucking reason to in this thread. The only way your fanboy antics would make sense is if you worked for Microsoft. Now we all know that isn't the case, as you'd be lucky to make minimum wage given your level of maturity.

What you see as our feelings being hurt is only pity for your ignorant ass. Go complain to the kids selling lemonade down the street, they might be more on your level.[/QUOTE]
Level of maturity?
I said avoid my posts and you didn't even understand that?

Oh right, the problem is dino88.

If you keep that attitude up you won't be liked around here very long.

I'm sure others don't enjoy your posts, dino88 was just the first to say something.

Go back to your lurking and a whopping 60 posts total. You'll be doing us all a favor.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It boggles my mind everytime someone says the PS3 has the worst controller. Are you kidding me? The DualShock is a piece of art. I've never played with a better controller and I've been playing since the NES.[/QUOTE]
are you trolling now?

That's hardly trolling, alot of people love the DualShock.

Trolling would be like this.

Dualshock is the best, anything else sucks. He thinks the DS is the best, but he's not slamming other controllers.

But I could be wrong.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']It boggles my mind everytime someone says the PS3 has the worst controller. Are you kidding me? The DualShock is a piece of art. I've never played with a better controller and I've been playing since the NES.[/QUOTE]

I second this. I bought a 360 for a few exclusive titles, but I guess I am just a PS3 fanboy because I hate the 360 controller. I have played my 360 maybe 5 times.

Again, I have been using the PS controller since PS1 so I think I am just a fanboy.

Oh great Jaysonguy has infected cag. You're already annoying as all hell on the gamespot forums, don't bring your crap over here too.

so anyone get their order shipped out yet? i ordered yesterday saying delievery estimate was july 14, now i check today and it says estimate of july 21-25. =[ mus t of had a lot of orders going through...

I ordered my copy last night around 11pm, it says it's shipped.
Shipped Delivery Estimate: June 10, 2010

Copied and pasted from my Amazon page. I just hope it is actually being delivered. :)

[quote name='cecilvaliant']so anyone get their order shipped out yet? i ordered yesterday saying delievery estimate was july 14, now i check today and it says estimate of july 21-25. =[ mus t of had a lot of orders going through...[/QUOTE]
If you got free shipping it tacks on extra time but usually gets there way before the expected date.

[quote name='archerbro74']are you trolling now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm trolling. Two people have agreed with me so far but I'm trolling.

Everytime someone disagrees with someone, they're trolling.

That word is almost as stupid as "epic fail."

[quote name='Doomtime']Oh great Jaysonguy has infected cag. You're already annoying as all hell on the gamespot forums, don't bring your crap over here too.[/QUOTE]
Second this,Leave your PS3 drama over there.
[quote name='Abeja']Grrrr why did I wait to order this? Now its back up to 40$.[/QUOTE]
It's still worth the price tag IMHO

stupid UPS is screwing me out of this deal! I dropped two trades in the box at 7am...they took it out of the box at 9:30 PM and said "Shipper dropped it off too late. 1 day shipping delay is expected". then it got halfway to it's destination at 6:30am friday...and never left! another day missed. it finally moved again monday and tuesday, but now it's stuck in one place again..since 1pm.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']It's still worth the price tag IMHO[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, most games are worth retail. It doesn't mean I'm gonna pay that for them though.

[quote name='Darrith']Back to the normal price now and no credit.[/QUOTE]

That's if you use the default option. Amazon prominently displays the option that is in stock (from Buy.com). The Amazon option is on the right side, but they're no longer price matching GS' price anymore. It's $36.99 now.

I'm assuming 3DDGH sold EXTREMELY well and they too went out of stock. GameStop's one went out of stock pretty quickly the first time the price dropped.

Amazon is still giving a $10 credit though. You just don't see it until you begin the checkout process. Look at the top of the page when you start. :)

But yeah, sleeper hit of 2010, seriously!

[quote name='g-man']stupid UPS is screwing me out of this deal! I dropped two trades in the box at 7am...they took it out of the box at 9:30 PM and said "Shipper dropped it off too late. 1 day shipping delay is expected". then it got halfway to it's destination at 6:30am friday...and never left! another day missed. it finally moved again monday and tuesday, but now it's stuck in one place again..since 1pm.[/QUOTE]
UPS sorting facilities basically have 2 night shifts (like 4-9PM and 10PM-2AM) even though they do daytime pickup/delivery. The stuff that comes in during the day (even 6am) gets sorted at night. At least that's how it used to be.

As far as the fun at the drop-off box goes, I have no idea why that would happen.

I happened to stumble into this deal the other day and ordered it before I even saw the thread. I didn't even notice the $10 promotional credit, which is awesome since I used the $20 promo credit from Galaxy 2. I also got a $5 promo credit for amazon mp3s, which was pleasantly unexpected.

Today I got the $10 promo credit on my account. Looks like it has to be used by September 1st.

Not only that, but apparently this credit is universal, where the other one was specific to video game purchases.

I compared the wording in the email from my Galaxy 2 credit to the 3d Dot Game Heroes credit, and the former specifically mentions games, while the latter mentions anything Amazon sells.

[quote name='SackAttack']Not only that, but apparently this credit is universal, where the other one was specific to video game purchases.

I compared the wording in the email from my Galaxy 2 credit to the 3d Dot Game Heroes credit, and the former specifically mentions games, while the latter mentions anything Amazon sells.[/QUOTE]

Jawesome if true.

[quote name='Romeo']Dead deal? Went on AMZ and it's $39 with no credit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's dead at this point. I ordered my copy late Monday night, and by Tuesday afternoon it was on backorder (although the credit was still being offered).

Back up to $38.99 or what-have-you.

doodofdoods - I just checked with Dark Knight, and yeah, it's applying the promotional credit to that. So this looks like a $10 credit you can use on whatever.

I used my promotional credit on a purchase that didn't include video games, but did include a camera, and logitech universal remote.

[quote name='shadow24r']Well, maybe because GameStop's deal is over, and it's back to $39.99, and no credit.[/QUOTE]

Did you see what I said? You can add Amazon's version ON THE RIGHT SIDE, and you will still get the credit.

However, they moved the Amazon version back to the "front page" of this anyway so it's a moot point. In fact, the game is back in stock now, but now it's at $36.99 with the $10 credit.

I guess their response to 3DGGH was good.

bread's done
Back