3D Dot Heroes $29.99 @ Toys R Us (B&M)

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Sorry if this was already posted but hopefully this helps someone save thats interested in this game.

Was in-store today and had signage under the game advertising it for $29.99 until I think it was 7/30/2010.

So if anything it's $10 savings.

Thanks for looking.

As an extra bonus there was a 20% off any video game coupon and the back of this weeks Toys R us Ad and people are getting it to stack with this promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like NES's Zelda, then this one should be right up your alley. Picked it up when GS.com was giving away a $10 coupon and have been playing it recently.

Great price. I got mine at $40 but I don't regret it. The visual look just feels right when you play it, if you ever played zelda it just totally fits. And geez is it plenty challenging (with replay modes to make it VERY challenging). Old school at its finest. When you first walk out of a dungeon and they do this awesome lens flare lighting effect that mimics a "I was in a dark cave OW the sun is bright Im blind for a moment", but it plays like nes zelda, then you know this game rocks.

That being said, it will probably end up cheaper on some deal somewhere else, but you won't be sad paying $30. :)

I dont see why it wouldnt be. The coupon expires 7/10.

I bought it used and returned it cuse I had too much to play. I really liked it and wanted to wait for a better price on a new copy ( i missed out on GS.coms 29.99 sale). I already bought Demons Souls used, so Id like Atlus to get some of my money to support them.

"I dont see why it wouldnt be. The coupon expires 7/10"
yeah, but that coupon says that it can't be used in conjunction w/ another video game promotion so i'm still wondering whether anyone successfully got it for $24 or not.

the coupon states "not available with any other video game offer"

I got this for $20 by using a $10-off coupon on GameStop.com back when they had it on sale for $29.99. I think it's definitely worth it at this price. I have been having a lot of fun with it lately.

[quote name='PublikDefender']"I dont see why it wouldnt be. The coupon expires 7/10"
yeah, but that coupon says that it can't be used in conjunction w/ another video game promotion so i'm still wondering whether anyone successfully got it for $24 or not.

the coupon states "not available with any other video game offer"[/QUOTE]

The coupon will not work on any game that is on sale or part of a promo in some way. It'll only work on a single, regularly priced game. So it's a no go on 3D Dot Heroes. As for the sale price of $29.99, that should last until 7/31.

if I don't want to create anything in the editor (not even my character really) can I still enjoy this game?

I've got a $5 TRU gift card, combine that with me trying the 20% coupon, this seems like a pretty good deal.

[quote name='token2k6']if I don't want to create anything in the editor (not even my character really) can I still enjoy this game?
[/QUOTE]

Yep, the game is still super enjoyable... they give you 4 pages (about 25 characters per page, IIRC) of premade people to choose from.

[quote name='PublikDefender']"I dont see why it wouldnt be. The coupon expires 7/10"

the coupon states "not available with any other video game offer"[/QUOTE]

Even though the cashier didnt try I was told it wouldnt work but who knows .... This guy didnt seem to want to be working today when I was there.

[quote name='animalspinners']Yep, the game is still super enjoyable... they give you 4 pages (about 25 characters per page, IIRC) of premade people to choose from.[/QUOTE]
Are those customizations purely for aesthetics? I want to make a sword that swings a sword that kills people.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Even though the cashier didnt try I was told it wouldnt work but who knows .... This guy didnt seem to want to be working today when I was there.[/QUOTE]
That sounds like the cashier at my local store. The guy just was too straight-laced, and wouldn't try anything that didn't follow normal procedure. Not to mention, he was a know-it-all.

I basically made out with the best possible "deal" there and left.

[quote name='sadboy']That sounds like the cashier at my local store. The guy just was too straight-laced, and wouldn't try anything that didn't follow normal procedure. Not to mention, he was a know-it-all.

I basically made out with the best possible "deal" there and left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he said something similar.. the system will give you the best deal lol...
I would like to go out and try this at a different TRU but both places are a decent drive and the one I was at this morning that I had to return my game I bought that was missing the disc had this straight shooter working.

[quote name='sadboy']Are those customizations purely for aesthetics? I want to make a sword that swings a sword that kills people.[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, making a custom character is just for fun. Doesn't seem to have any purpose beyond getting the trophy for making a character, which you can get by loading a template and simply changing the colors. I didn't have the patience to make a carbon copy of Link so I just started with the default guy.

Characters do have a small impact (regardless of what they look like). There are 3 'classes' and 2 genders that even your custom characters have.

Hero starts with 5 health 0 Magic
Royal starts with 4 health 1 Magic
Scholar starts with 3 health 2 Magic

And male/female determine spell costs (each spell has a different cost for more/less depending on character's sex).

Yeah, It's going to depend upon your cashier really. I tried it out today and nailed it down for $23.99 plus tax. It didn't work for the cashier to simply scan the coupon, but they did an override and applied the discount for me anyway.

Went this morning and the cashier said the coupon was fine.. not sure if it scanned in or she had to enter it manually but $25.21 after tax... not to bad.

Now hopefully this is as good as people make it to be.. if its anything like Zelda:Link to the Past on the SNES I will be happy seeing thats my favorite Zelda game..

Tried the coupon today and no go. The system would not apply it and the cashier would not override it either. Still bought it as I had a $5 reward bucks certificate. Still a good deal.

Thanks for the post OP! My cashier was a little more lenient, so I got the coupon to stack, bringing my total to $24.00 even. I can't wait to enjoy some of this game after work!

Thanks for the heads up, OP. Cashier tried to apply the coupon several times, then gave up and called the manager for an override. $29.99 before tax is nice, but $23.99 is even better.

I left my stinkin' coupon at home yesterday when I hit big at the furthest Toys R Us within ten miles. It's like, "Hey, do you have any copies of MPT?"

"Let me check, sir."

"Thank you."

[quote name='sadboy']I left my stinkin' coupon at home yesterday when I hit big at the furthest Toys R Us within ten miles. It's like, "Hey, do you have any copies of MPT?"

"Let me check, sir."

"Thank you."[/QUOTE]

Should of went to customer service, they usually have a few copies of the ad.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Should of went to customer service, they usually have a few copies of the ad.[/QUOTE]
Touché. The items I bought were both on clearance. I thought about asking to see if they had a copy of the ad, but decided against it considering it's not actually meant to stack--I just won't know if I could have gotten it to stack. The main reason I would have tried was because the cashier and people working there seemed much nicer than the people from the other store.

[quote name='sadboy']Touché. The items I bought were both on clearance. I thought about asking to see if they had a copy of the ad, but decided against it considering it's not actually meant to stack--I just won't know if I could have gotten it to stack. The main reason I would have tried was because the cashier and people working there seemed much nicer than the people from the other store.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, it doesnt hurt to try. I have this one gamestop I regular at and all the usual employees know me so when I go in with trades they will get as much to stack as possible on certain promos. Still cant get them to let me buy penny guides though lol they are worried about getting fired for selling them yet they stack promos :roll:.

Technically, you can't use the 20% off coupon with anything thats on sale already. I was surprised when I tried ringing out somebody the first time. But I guess our system has finally caught up. :(

Anyone know if this is still going on? I stopped by my toysrus and they didn't have the sign, but they also didn't have any in stock. I may check another one as I did pick up DQIX and I now have the 15 dollar gift card.

[quote name='bpini']Anyone know if this is still going on? I stopped by my toysrus and they didn't have the sign, but they also didn't have any in stock. I may check another one as I did pick up DQIX and I now have the 15 dollar gift card.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong but I do believe the sign stated this was good at until the end of the month.

[quote name='Derrick1979']I may be wrong but I do believe the sign stated this was good at until the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, the $29.99 sales price for 3D Dot Hero (PS3) extends til 7/31 .

I just hit up my local store yesterday and even though there wasn't any sign or other indicator that it was on sale it still rung up at $29.99. I had my DQIX $15 card from earlier in the week so it worked out well. Thanks to the OP for posting this.

bread's done
Back