3D Ice age 3 and Narnia 3 available Aug 30 retail

Also Rio. They sre shaping up to be Best Buy exclusives. Best Buy is the only one to list them for pre-order so far.

I can only wonder how these will be packaged, since one of them is old release, one is semi-recent and one is yet to be released.

They could end up being any of the following:
* 3D-only disc
* 3D / 2D combo disc or 3D/2D combo release with two discs
* 3D / 2D / DVD combo release or 3D / 2D / DVD / DC release

Since Ice Age 3 never came with a DVD or DC copy in the 2D release, I can see that one being 3D-only or 3D / 2D combo. Narnia I can see being a 3D / 2D combo release, or a 3D / 2D / DVD / DC release. I'd wager on the 3D / 2D combo release and not the DVD + DC add-ins.

Rio, most likely will be a 3D / 2D / DVD / DC release, if I had to guess.

I just hope dreamworks and paramount follow suit SOON.
Unfortunately I highly doubt it.

I Think Nightmare before Christmas is out Aug 30 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seether254']wheres the deal if these are retail?[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy is the only place to get them at

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Also Rio. They sre shaping up to be Best Buy exclusives. Best Buy is the only one to list them for pre-order so far.[/QUOTE]

I preordered Rio 3D at Walmart.com for $25, before they pulled the listing. My order hasn't been cancelled yet.

That's funny and it will be rare if they ship it or it will be the reg version and not 3D one

[quote name='starmask2k3']That's funny and it will be rare if they ship it or it will be the reg version and not 3D one[/QUOTE]

We will see, it's supposed to ship out on the 2nd. It's Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, VUDU Digital Copy, and Free Angry Birds RIO...

[quote name='caliblue15']We will see, it's supposed to ship out on the 2nd. It's Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, VUDU Digital Copy, and Free Angry Birds RIO...[/QUOTE]

Good luck on that

Looks like Ice Age, Narnia and Rio are available at Best Buy exclusively for $30 each on 8/2.
So don't fall for anymore Ebay price hikers.
Also they have a deal. Buy 2 get $10 off buy all 3, get $15 off.

I'm really hoping that the $5 off any Blu-ray coupon doesn't actually get deactivated after today because I don't feel like paying $30 for Narnia...

I guess I could splurge and blind buy either of the other titles to get the discount, but my budget's tight at the moment... and I'd be much more likely to buy all three if the coupon still works until Tuesday anyway.

It seems $20-25 or less during release week has become about the (after manufacturer coupon) standard for 3D Blu-rays anyway... thanks to Disney and their absolutely wonderful Combo pack coupons.

You know, if Disney still made the Narnia movies all my troubles would be solved... :(

I guess I'll just wait to see what the prices are like on 8/30...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having Narnia, but I'm not paying $30 for it. I think my absolute max would be $20, though even that would be pushing it.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I guess I'll just wait to see what the prices are like on 8/30...[/QUOTE]

What's on 8/30?

[quote name='arcane93']What's on 8/30?[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm aware 8/2 is the release date for the BB exclusive releases of these three movies, but they're going to see a wide release on 8/30... at least that's what it looks like at the moment.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if that's the case. ;)

EDIT:
I just checked Amazon and all three are listed for an August 30 release and are currently all priced $34.99... hopefully those prices will go down by the 30th.

The only place I've seen $25 to $30 for 3D blu's has been at Walmart. But a very select few (Resident evil and pirahna from what I can remember).

[quote name='sunnysky']The only place I've seen $25 to $30 for 3D blu's has been at Walmart. But a very select few (Resident evil and pirahna from what I can remember).[/QUOTE]

I was referring specifically to release week and generally including manufacturer's coupons with purchase... for instance, Drive Angry was $20 the week it came out at Best Buy, I believe, and that was without coupon. Now it's been $30 ever since then.

Tangled and Tron Legacy were both $25 before coupon at Target on release week... and they had their own $5 off any Disney combo pack coupon along with a $5 manufacturer's coupon for each of those titles... what amazing deals! :D

I think I'm still going to hold out until 8/30 for a better deal on these titles, though... don't fail me now, Amazon! ;)

Or, you know, you could buy them now and price match later if it's better. My Best Buy price matches Amazon as long as it's not crazy different.

[quote name='nosferatu51']Or, you know, you could buy them now and price match later if it's better. My Best Buy price matches Amazon as long as it's not crazy different.[/QUOTE]

AFAIK you can only return/pricematch within 14 days after purchase... unless you waste (and yes, I do mean waste) enough money at BB (seriously, have you seen about 99% of their prices compared to Amazon?) to get a Silver membership or whatever it is.

I might just go buy Narnia anyway, but I still doubt it.

EDIT:
Rio is down to $27.99 and Narnia is down to $32.99 for Amazon pre-orders... those are good signs.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']AFAIK you can only return/pricematch within 14 days after purchase... unless you waste (and yes, I do mean waste) enough money at BB (seriously, have you seen about 99% of their prices compared to Amazon?) to get a Silver membership or whatever it is.

I might just go buy Narnia anyway, but I still doubt it.

EDIT:
Rio is down to $27.99 and Narnia is down to $32.99 for Amazon pre-orders... those are good signs.[/QUOTE]

Price matching is 30 days for regular and 45 (since the return period is 45) for silver. If your BB price matches Amazon like mine does, the only real difference is tax and my instant gratification plus using the reward zone certs that I get buying stuff I would normally buy anyway (groceries, etc) cause I have a reward zone mastercard help to over-ride that tax in many situations.

Silver status is counted towards every purchase you make if you have the Best Buy mastercard. Therefore, I just put everything over like $30 on that card and pay it off every month to avoid its exorbitant 20%. I get my silver status and tons of reward zone coupons since its like 1pt/$1 spent ANYWHERE.

ON-TOPIC: Keep in mind that if you are planning on buying more than 1 of these movies, their effective price is $25 which is STRONG for a new release 3D blu. And, because they are BD3D +BD +DVD +dig copy there's some additional discount to be found by selling the DVD and DC to people you know that have kids unless you plan on using them (I work in a Children's Hospital, there's no shortage of parents!) :)

I went to best buy today and they had a big sign saying these 3 movies would only be available at bb? that sucks if its true

[quote name='bredbu']I went to best buy today and they had a big sign saying these 3 movies would only be available at bb? that sucks if its true[/QUOTE]

They're only available at Best Buy for about four weeks. After that (8/30), they get a wide release.

I knew it would happen but I still think it's funny. Walmart.com sent the wrong Rio, so I got the 2D version. They are now taking off $7 for the issue and reshipping me out the movie in 3D so I got it for $17 now. lol.

I hope they screw up again and send me another 2D. And knowing walmart i'll get to keep the 2d version..

bread's done
Back