3D Mark Vantage available Now!!!

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Edit- Available for download at www.3dmark.com

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/9365/3dmark_vantage_will_release_april_28/index.html

A countdown has begun at www.3dmark.com

I can't wait as I just put together a new machine..... 3d mark 05/06 has been getting old already...

Final System Requirements

The final system requirements to run 3DMark Vantage Trial are:
Minimum
  • x86/x64 single core CPU with SSE2 support. Performance similar to Intel Pentium D 3.2GHz or better
  • Fully D3D10/SM4.0 compliant graphics card, 256MB
  • 1024MB Memory
  • 2GB of free disk space
  • Windows Vista (Server editions not supported)
Recommended
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 or equivalent AMD CPU
  • Fully D3D10/SM4.0 compliant graphics card, 512MB
  • 2048MB Memory
  • 2GB of free disk space
  • Windows Vista (Server editions not supported)
Additionally, following requirements must be met to run each of the four available presets with the Advanced and Pro versions:
  • Entry - 128MB DX10 Video Card and a monitor capable of displaying 1280x1024 resolution
  • Performance - 256MB DX10 Video Card and a monitor capable of displaying 1280x1024 resolution
  • High - 512MB DX10 Video Card and a monitor capable of displaying 1680x1050 resolution
  • Extreme - 512MB DX10 Video Card and a monitor capable of displaying 1920x1200 resolution
Screenshots:

3DMarkVantage_JaneNash1.jpg

3DMarkVantage_Calico2.jpg

Reserved for 3D MARK score :)

P5373 3DMarks

Computer specs:

Core 2 Quad Q6600 (Not sure what speed but it was either stock or at 2.6)
8800GT 512MB (G92)
4GB DDR2 Ram (1066 MHz)

I'd so be on top of this...

But yeah, don't have Vista. I think it is a bit too early for something like this to come out, even for a Futuremark product.

Right.. only for vista and dx10 cards..

personally im excited for this.. 3d mark is one of the most used benchmark programs for pc enthusiasts... especially when bragging rights with friends come into play...

I am expecting for it to totally pwn (as does every 3d mark upon release) my pc though as i only have one 8800 gt.

the extreme performance test should be interesting..

downloading now!!

wont be able to run it until i get home...

i really hate that "one time run" limitation they have started enforcing...

[quote name='InuFaye']So you have to have vista to run this?

What Bullshit.[/quote]

Only Vista supports DirectX 10. Thank you Microsoft :roll:

cmon... everyone should be over the vista hate by now..

its actually a very impressive os if you have the good hardware to back it up. I would not be able to go back to xp at my home..yuck

talk about getting pwned....

P5373 3DMarks

The fastest system so far is at 20k + 3d marks

Looks like i need to upgrade again soon or sli up!

[quote name='hero101']I'm going to try to wait 3 more years to I upgrade my computer.[/quote]

wow thats brave.. technology moves so fast nowadays.. i get the itch to update every year or so.. and even in school they are already suggesting 2 years as a reasonable time for a new pc.

I'd argue that in the present time upgrading often really does not provide that many advantages for everyday tasks. For most tasks, my 4 year old 1.7 GHz Pentium-M notebook is almost as good as my Core 2 Duo. Heck, even an AthlonXP Barton would be fine for web browsing, email, IM, light gaming, etc. You can do on XP pretty much everything that you can do on Vista...

Back in the old days, there would be huge shifts: going from CGA to EGA to VGA, and so on while shifting from 16 colors on screen to 256, 65K, and 16.7 million. Sound progressed from simple beeps and buzzes to the Sound Blater/Adlb cards with Roland MT32 and General MIDI devices to Directsound.

Now, change is more gradual, to a degree that a casual user would not notice. All modern computers are capable of high resolution desktop graphics in 16.7 million colors and even integrated sound provides very reasonable quality.

Unless you are a hardcore gamer, a 3DMark whore, or are really into editing/encoding videos, upgrading every 2 years is probably overkill...

Since someone bought my 8800 gt from amazon..

i went and Just ordered a 9800 gtx from the egg...

299 + 30 Rebate is actually a damn good price..(plus i had some paypal balance to use)

cant wait for the card to arrive next week. only bad thing is that i have to ship out my 8800 gt and use an old 6600 gt until then...:( o well gta4 will hold me over

The only system I have with vista is my laptop and these tests made it cry. I am running a

2.0gig intel core 2
Geforce 8600M GT
3gigs of ram

It never got above 1FPS on the first test and only hit 4FPS on the 2nd test. It did ok on the CPU test then crashed on whatever the next one is. Since you can only run it ONE TIME with the free one I was not able to try again....

Here's my results.

P5307 3DMarks
CPU Score: 8619
Graphics Score: 4704

Computer specs:
Core 2 Quad @ 2.4Gghz (Q6600)
8800GTS 512MB (G92)
4GB DDR2 Ram (800 MHz)

Yeah, the test kinda kicked my system's ass.

P5020 3DMarks
CPU Score: 10590
Graphics Score: 4271

Computer specs:
Core 2 Quad 2.4Gghz @ 3.0Ghz (Q6600)
8800GT 512MB (G92)
4GB DDR2 Ram (800 MHz)

Thanks guys for submitting the results..

Im kind of shocked that i just pulled over you guys with P5373 with a similar setup.. Guess my old 8800 gt was really that good..If you guys OC your GTS though you should take me..

Computer specs:
8800GT 512MB (G92)
4GB DDR2 Ram (1066 MHz)

[quote name='guyver2077']Thanks guys for submitting the results..

Im kind of shocked that i just pulled over you guys with P5373 with a similar setup.. Guess my old 8800 gt was really that good..If you guys OC your GTS though you should take me..

Computer specs:
8800GT 512MB (G92)
4GB DDR2 Ram (1066 MHz)[/QUOTE]

Oops, mine's a GT as well. I just copy and pasted that guys post and changed the numbers. Anyways, I am thinking about getting a 9800 GTX though. And it's your ram speed that helps as well.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Oops, mine's a GT as well. I just copy and pasted that guys post and changed the numbers. Anyways, I am thinking about getting a 9800 GTX though. And it's your ram speed that helps as well.[/quote]

yea i have a 9800 gtx coming in this week... the 269.99 AR was too good of a deal at egg. I sold my 8800 gt for 190-ish at amazon. (i think i purchased it for 220-ish)

after reading the latest articles at toms.. it may have been wiser to just add a second 8800 gt to my rig. The only problem with that is that I use dual view alot and if i remember correctly it doesnt work in sli..plus i was looking for a card with hdmi (the 9800gtx i ordered brings the dvi to hdmi adapter).

bread's done
Back