3DO Games? / System?!

gpgorbosjr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was at the thrift store today and saw a batch of 3DO games for $1.91 each. There were three sports games (Madden, some golf game and Fifa) that I am guessing can't be worth the $1.91....but there were two non-sports games.....Psychic Detective and Drug Wars.

I know NOTHING about 3DO games, anything worth picking up? I'm sure they'll still be there tomorrow. All looked complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that depends on what you're going to do with them. 

If you own a 3DO (I do), then Madden and FIFA are among the very best games for the system. You should buy them and have a great time. 

$1.91 is well below the prices they're listed for on ebay. Though not so much that you'd make much by flipping them. 

I guess that depends on what you're going to do with them.

If you own a 3DO (I do), then Madden and FIFA are among the very best games for the system. You should buy them and have a great time.

$1.91 is well below the prices they're listed for on ebay. Though not so much that you'd make much by flipping them.
I didn't have a 3DO so I was mostly looking to flip.....but.....

today I went back and they had a 3DO and two controllers out....I picked up Drug Wars, Psychic Detective, the 3DO and two controllers for $43.xx.

I'll probably list it on Amazon (I can't stand eBay anymore) and play it in the mean time to see what it's all about.

I'll probably list it on Amazon (I can't stand eBay anymore) and play it in the mean time to see what it's all about.
Nothing much to see unless you've got the best game for the system, "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". I picked up a 3DO for my office a while back with ~30 games, that's pretty much the only one we ever play.

The two that I got stink :( lmao. Psychic Detective didn't make much sense to me. Drug Wars is kind of hard to play using the controller lol. I played with a friend, it was the only way you could cover both sides of the screen.

There are plenty of cool 3do games.
Not too many that aren't available elsewhere, unless I'm forgetting some solid exclusives; unfortunately, the only exclusives I can think of are Quarantine and Twisted - neither are worth owning a 3DO for. The other games I've enjoyed - StarControl 2, Return Fire, Wing Commander IV, and Space Hulk are all on other consoles or PC.

When I was a kid I was super jealous of my friend who's parents got him a 3DO at launch. In hindsight, I feel really bad for his parents - $600 down the drain. I think he played 10 minutes of Road Rash and never touched it again.

Not too many that aren't available elsewhere, unless I'm forgetting some solid exclusives; unfortunately, the only exclusives I can think of are Quarantine and Twisted - neither are worth owning a 3DO for. The other games I've enjoyed - StarControl 2, Return Fire, Wing Commander IV, and Space Hulk are all on other consoles or PC.
Keep in mind that games ported to other systems are inferior versions of their 3DO counterparts. Road Rash and Need for Speed are a couple I can think of, but there are more.

Last edited by a moderator:
very much a console of the time. little to no reason to own one today. barely was one when it was new...

bread's done
Back