3DS - Devil Survivor Overclocked (reprinted and on sale!) - $29.99 (sold out!)

Some of you really didn't expect this to get another run? You thought it'd be sold for, like, a week, and then disappear forever? Crazy. And this won't be the last we see of it, either - the game is still relatively new, I expect it to be in print for at least another six months, if not more.

[quote name='gauu']i can guarantee you its prolly not a reprint. atlus does this every year around holiday into early october. the games they just released for the year they keep a small stock they send to amazon for their halloween super sales. look at persona psp boxset i got it this time last year for 20$ half off the original and now its stupid rare. most atlus games hold value or go way up. i dont think ive seen a single atlus rpg in a clearance bin cheap(unless its like target or sears pushing out last stock)[/QUOTE]

interesting theory...

shrugs ive seen atlus do the same thing since 2008 with all of their games. they mysteriously get a small shipment into amazon for the halloweeny event sales. then come end november the stock just poofs and you cant find em anymore. thats why im basing my theory on that cheeky. i wouldnt be surpised if we see persona 2 innocent sin pop up on a sale soon and then just completely poof.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Some of you really didn't expect this to get another run? You thought it'd be sold for, like, a week, and then disappear forever? Crazy. And this won't be the last we see of it, either - the game is still relatively new, I expect it to be in print for at least another six months, if not more.[/QUOTE]

They think Atlus's core audience is resellers.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Some of you really didn't expect this to get another run? You thought it'd be sold for, like, a week, and then disappear forever? Crazy. And this won't be the last we see of it, either - the game is still relatively new, I expect it to be in print for at least another six months, if not more.[/QUOTE]
I hope you are right since I missed this deal.

Anyway, do you live in Japan? I thought Amazon doesn't ship games outside the U.S.?!

[quote name='dallow']Why would Atlus keep a small stock to sell at a discount, if they could have sold them at full price instantly?

Edit: conversely, why would there only be 300ish copies total for sale on Amazon all of a sudden after nearly 2 months[/QUOTE]

Reprinting a game for 300 copies is unlikely to be profitable. There's a good chance those are returns to Amazon that they've built up a stock of and then sell (so that there isn't a constant in-stock/OoS issue).

I think Atlus will do a reprint of this though. They likely decided to release Devil Survivor 2 on the DS so that they can release a Devil Survivor 2 "Overclocked Some More! DURRR!" on the 3DS to double dip and then release more copies of the first to appease the hype for the second.

Well, the game did launch 2 months ago, 8/23 sold out quickly, and was out print ever since.
The Atlus guy at GAF hinted the launch shipment was very small.
Seems strange they'd just let it sit there for that long Kirin. Even Radiant Historia went back in print more quickly.

Hopefully more come. They should, the install base is quickly growing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Reprinting a game for 300 copies is unlikely to be profitable. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. The fixed costs of initiating a new printing for these games are simply too high to be doing repeated small runs. If this was truly a full-blown reprint and since Amazon is Atlus' preferred retailer, I would have expected them to have had their usual 999+ available rather than a paltry 300.

Well, wow.
Ordered this yesterday when it was starting to get low, and it got here today!
I like when I get the free overnights.

Looks and feels factory sealed to me.[quote name='Mad dog']This thread title was thrilling to read!! So INTENSE![/QUOTE]
Ha, I tried with with the count going lower and lower.

I experienced something with this game that I have never experienced before! I check my email to grab that extra Battlefield dog tag code, and notice that my order has shipped. I don't remember ordering anything!! Apparently, I accidentally hit 1 click order while looking at the page the night before this went OOS. I used all my promo credit that I was not planning on using. I'm glad I got it for $30, and free and all, but that was just bizarre.

[quote name='Nintendonly']And just you guys watch- another batch will show up.[/QUOTE]
I'm counting on your word.

Ordered it, fucking Amazon.com shipped it using Lasership, and Lasership lost it. I am not renewing prime. I'm so tired of this crap.

bread's done
Back