3DS for $219.99 at Fred Meyers for April 1st/2nd only.

karyadi

CAGiversary!
That's all the information I know about and if you happen to live next to one
lucky you. I was one of the unfortunate to not have a Fred Meyers near me. I
hope Amazon can match the price. If you guys could send emails to amazon
about this hopefully we can lower their price. I'll PM anyone the link if they
want it but it's not loaded with vase amounts of information.

Or I can provide the link to the coupon and see if any retailers that do price-matching will match it. Anyone know which retailers price-match?

I wouldn't count on amazon matching this coupon. Fred Meyer does the $10/20/30 off coupons pretty often, and Amazon would have to pretty much do a price drop across the board to match it.

For other stores it's of course YMMV, but walmart and target shouldn't touch it, as it's not a particular price or item they are matching, and they don't seem to match this type of deal.

Best Buy would be your best bet for a price match, I would think, but they require it to be a local competitor. If you had a Fred Meyer nearby to be a local competitor, you wouldn't need to try to price match it in the first place.

There's a Fred Meyer 2 minutes from where I live and I was about to purchase a 3DS so this is amazing news. Is this like a coupon or do you just go to the store and get it for that price?

Not a joke, I'll send the coupon to you in a sec. I am going to try haggling Best Buy anyways since they "love" me there.

[quote name='karyadi']Not a joke, I'll send the coupon to you in a sec. I am going to try haggling Best Buy anyways since they "love" me there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Now I understand...with the coupon its a great deal! Although I don't think amazon would price match this since it isn't really a price drop. Just a coupon.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Are you sure the coupon doesnt say excludes 3ds or nintendo hardware? they did that with the connect back when it launched.[/QUOTE]

Not valid on prior purchases or for
Gift Cards, phone activation, event tickets or Amazon Kindle hardware.

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Are we sure that that coupon will work with a 3DS, or are we just speculating that since it's an electronic it should work?[/QUOTE]

Other places have stated that it should work since this isn't the first time Fred Meyer's has done a coupon like this. It's probably in-store only but if they do allow the discount online that also helps to get it cheaper.

Amazon won't match it, not for that reason, but because this is a general coupon, not a deal specifically on the 3DS. In any case, this will surely be in-store only, so moot for me as I'm no where near a Fred Meyers, and they'll sell out near instantly.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I would grab one if the way it handled old DS games wasn't so retarded[/QUOTE]

How would you do it?

Amazon still has had the better deal:
$20 savings for tax (for most)
$25 savings on another 3DS game (game credit)
$5-$10 savings on a 3DS game accessory (game credit)
$10 savings when you pre-ordered a 3DS game. (not still on but..)

So around $50+ you save with amazon, and more importantly, I already have mine in my hand playing it.

It could probably be one of those $10/20/30 off saving coupons for electronics that are known to work on consoles and stuff in electronics dept. April 1st/2nd are Friday and Sat which are about the days of the week that those coupons come out.

$219.99 = $249.99 - $30

Smells like a $30 off $150 saving certificate/coupon for Fri/Sat this week.

Almost 90% sure Fredy's will not honor it even though they have said deal going.... happens ALL the time they are DAMN shady.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I would grab one if the way it handled old DS games wasn't so retarded[/QUOTE]
Have you actually seen a 3DS play a DS game? I've played a few DS games in my 3DS now, and sure, there is a difference, but barely. The difference isn't enough to make me carry around both my 3DS and DS depending on which game I want to play.

GOD DAMNIT

I was going to try really hard to not get a 3DS until the next hardware revision. and now there's THIS!!!!!!!

[quote name='Rollett']Almost 90% sure Fredy's will not honor it even though they have said deal going.... happens ALL the time they are DAMN shady.[/QUOTE]
I don't know which Freddies you are accustomed to dealing with, but in 20 years of doing business with them, and watching my parents' experiences with them before that, they've got about the best customer service I've ever experienced. They routinely break policy to make the customer happy. They've price matched for me countless times, even though they have no price matching policy.

I'd be shocked they didn't honor the coupon towards a 3ds.

[quote name='Invader Bugs']Have you actually seen a 3DS play a DS game? I've played a few DS games in my 3DS now, and sure, there is a difference, but barely. The difference isn't enough to make me carry around both my 3DS and DS depending on which game I want to play.[/QUOTE]

That is true but the 3 hour battery life would make me want to carry both around...

[quote name='Maskim']I don't know which Freddies you are accustomed to dealing with, but in 20 years of doing business with them, and watching my parents' experiences with them before that, they've got about the best customer service I've ever experienced. They routinely break policy to make the customer happy. They've price matched for me countless times, even though they have no price matching policy.

I'd be shocked they didn't honor the coupon towards a 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Same Fredy's i have been going to in Eugene for 15 years.. and they have ALWAYS advertised deals and then had flyers all over the store saying they wont honor it. Not to say they don't have good deals now and then or that they are bad at customer service... or that they don't price match ect. But they do have a serious problem honoring their own deals and or adds.

[quote name='Rollett']Same Fredy's i have been going to in Eugene for 15 years.. and they have ALWAYS advertised deals and then had flyers all over the store saying they wont honor it. Not to say they don't have good deals now and then or that they are bad at customer service... or that they don't price match ect. But they do have a serious problem honoring their own deals and or adds.[/QUOTE]

West 11th? I'm rocking Corvallis/Albany now. Great NW chain. Never had any problems with coupons not applying.

[quote name='Rollett']Yeah the West 11th Store, Coupons always work unless its something i want :p[/QUOTE]
Heh, I know that store. Used to go there when I was a kid, all the time.

From time to time they do put little notices out saying they aren't honoring a deal, but it's more the exception than the rule. At least they usually have it noted well before people come in to buy the item.

The ones around here are great, anyways. If the one in Eugene has gone downhill over the years, that's a shame.

[quote name='joshnorm']That is true but the 3 hour battery life would make me want to carry both around...[/QUOTE]

wouldn't it be smarter just to carry an extra battery around?

[quote name='eau']It could probably be one of those $10/20/30 off saving coupons for electronics that are known to work on consoles and stuff in electronics dept. April 1st/2nd are Friday and Sat which are about the days of the week that those coupons come out.

$219.99 = $249.99 - $30

Smells like a $30 off $150 saving certificate/coupon for Fri/Sat this week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I'm utterly shocked that it doesn't exclude the 3DS. They excluded Kinect from those coupons well past the time it was hard to find.

As h2dk said, the real question is, do any FM have the 3DS now? I know my local Target sold out the first day. I'm not saying it is hard to find in general, but those very first shipments may be gone by then and I doubt each FM location got very many of them.

If the do, though, I'll be kicking myself for getting one at GS for full price and absolutely no deals. Stupid GS even excluded the PowerUp rewards coupons from applying to 3DS hardware and software for March - so I couldn't use my 2 "$10 off everything" coupons on those. That would be like Best Buy excluding you from using RZ certs on certain things (which they don't). BUT, I did have GS credit to use which is the only reason I got it there.

That FM deal might just tempt me to get a second one for the kids though :lol:.

Walmart price matches coupons. I've used $20 off coupons from Fred Meyer at Walmart before. So long as it's valid, Walmart will accept it.

[quote name='io']As h2dk said, the real question is, do any FM have the 3DS now? I know my local Target sold out the first day. I'm not saying it is hard to find in general, but those very first shipments may be gone by then and I doubt each FM location got very many of them.[/QUOTE]

It probably depends on where you are at, I am in the Dallas area, and I was at Walmart and Target yesterday, and both stores still had plenty of consoles at least 10+ a piece.

[quote name='lhfan04']It probably depends on where you are at, I am in the Dallas area, and I was at Walmart and Target yesterday, and both stores still had plenty of consoles at least 10+ a piece.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I'm where the Fred Meyers are ;). I might run up there for something else tonight. If so, I'll definitely check if they have any 3DS's right now.

[quote name='kube00']I'll take a pm of the coupon[/QUOTE]
Just go to Freddies on Friday. They'll have the 2 day sale ad with the coupon right at the doors.

[quote name='Rollett']Same Fredy's i have been going to in Eugene for 15 years.. and they have ALWAYS advertised deals and then had flyers all over the store saying they wont honor it. Not to say they don't have good deals now and then or that they are bad at customer service... or that they don't price match ect. But they do have a serious problem honoring their own deals and or adds.[/QUOTE]

Springfield's Fred Meyer has always been rock solid for honoring what they advertise and then some.

Most Fred Meyer stores have sufficient qtys of 3DS. I know there will also be Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Bulletstorm, Little Big planet 2 on sale for $41.99. Pick up two of these and you could save another 10bucks with the savings certificate.

Yeah, Target restocked and I know FM gets shipments Tuesday and maybe Thurs/Fri as well (in general - don't know about the 3DS).

I will be hard-pressed not to get a second one with this deal ;).

April 1/2 ad preview is out. Yeah, it's a $10/20/30 off electronics saving certificate that's good on Friday 4PM-11PM and Sat 7AM-1PM.

No exclusion on 3DS. The only exclusions mentioned are GC, phone activation, event tickets and Kindle.

As of this morning, my local store has 10 3DS in stock (5 in each color).

30% off LBP2, Homefront, MvC3 or Bulletstorm. Add one of the many older titles currently on sale and use the $10 off $50 saving cert for a sweeter deal.

So there seems to be a "Fred Meyer Jewelers" store not to far from me. It does link to the fredmeyer.com website, so it seems to be that line of stores, but are stores designated this way just jewelry?

bread's done
Back