3DS[i] eShop Shop Thread:**LAST DAY TO GET ZELDA 4 SWORDS FOR FREE**

Yes, there is a "game", but it really doesn't look like much of one. As far as I can tell it's somewhat akin to the kinds of "games" you sometimes get during credit sequences, for example in Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (thought obviously nothing like that particular "game".) I.e. it looks extremely simplistic and likely to have a shelf life on the order of 30 seconds.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yes, there is a "game", but it really doesn't look like much of one. As far as I can tell it's somewhat akin to the kinds of "games" you sometimes get during credit sequences, for example in Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (thought obviously nothing like that particular "game".) I.e. it looks extremely simplistic and likely to have a shelf life on the order of 30 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Did you time it using the clock?

Just received my DSi in today from the Amazon trade-in promotion.

Does linking your DSi to your Club Nintendo account automatically register it in your Club Nintendo account, or do I need to wait until July? Ideally, I don't want any additional points right now so I can defer them until the next Club Nintendo year but I guess I could wait to link/download stuff until July in a worst case scenario.

No it doesn't.

You have to link it on your DSi, then go to the site and enter your serial number to match it.
So it's safe to link now, and just register it later on the site.

Ok, good to know. The manual mentioned registering the serial #, but I wanted to be 100% sure.

Now I just have to decide what to download with my 1000 points. It's a shame I can't use my stock of Wii Points on the DSi...

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Ok, good to know. The manual mentioned registering the serial #, but I wanted to be 100% sure.

Now I just have to decide what to download with my 1000 points. It's a shame I can't use my stock of Wii Points on the DSi...[/QUOTE]

I have no objections with Pictobits, Doctor Mario or Mario VS Donkey Kong. The first two have been worth $5 (even without online play for DM) and MvsDK appears to be well worth the $8 for 100 levels, plus the option to download 140 more.

so i'm absolutely loving MFC! Digging the classic style the difficulty if pretty difficult (a good thing in my eyes), but does anyone know how many levels there are in the game, I'm at level 4-3 now?

[quote name='MidnightMetal']so i'm absolutely loving MFC! Digging the classic style the difficulty if pretty difficult (a good thing in my eyes), but does anyone know how many levels there are in the game, I'm at level 4-3 now?[/QUOTE]

40ish

I have no complaints about Mario VS DK. The only things recycled from the previous game appear to be the boss stages (although those seem to be tweaked) and possibly the models, but the 100 stages are all new and the option to download 140 more is wonderful. I've made it through ~80 stages and downloaded all of the Nintendo made stages.

Art Style: BOXLIFE™
Publisher: Nintendo
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: Climb the corporate ladder in the world of BOXLIFE using your wits and... paper? Use the Nintendo DSi™ stylus to cut and then manipulate the paper into a box shape. Be careful-if you're not efficient with your cuts, you'll waste paper and be penalized. R&D mode teaches you new patterns and challenges you to complete various ranks, while FACTORY mode gives you the chance to earn money by making as many boxes as possible from an endless sheet of paper. Success in each mode brings its own reward: Clear ranks to earn a promotion, change your character's appearance, and use your earnings to acquire new items for your character's miniature garden. With this game's stylish graphics and catchy sounds, thinking inside the box isn't such a bad thing.

Was this game even announced? Sounds pretty good.

I hear it's quite good.
Called Hacolife in Japan.

This game is part of the reason I got a DSi. I'm pretty happy it's coming out of the blue like this. :)

Nice, another art style game. Can't wait to purchase. I'm playing through the bit generation games for the gameboy advance on my micro (some are pretty cool). After that, then i can play Hacolife. (i gotta pace myself)

Picked up Boxlife over lunch and overall it's pretty fun. If you aren't a very good visual thinker, you may have some difficulty with this game, although R&D helps introduce you to the various shapes to create boxes one at a time.

The music is also fantastic and addicting. Well worth the 500 points.

How are Aquia and PiCTOBiTS? I'm thinking about grabbing one or the other with my last 500 points. Probably gonna wait until I beat BOXLIFE.

Cool, will do once I beat BOXLIFE. Kinda slow going on that though because it gives me a headache to play more than a few minutes.

Boxlife really is fantastically addictive... which is bad for me, since I've been make it a before bed ritual. I really need to get more into the factory, though. I've been doing the R&D and I think it's putting me in the mindset that I have to use each piece and waste nothing... and I don't think i can think this way and move fast enough in the factory, no?

In the higher rank Factory levels, you do have to move pretty quickly.

I stay still when it first starts, and I start cutting patterns to prep the map.
I only close a map when it has a bomb on it, and I usually wait for two so I can get the bonus (close two boxes quickly).

Nice, I didn't know you could combo boxes.

Pictobits is crazy, I'm on Stage 8 and it's starting to kick my ass. How many stages are there total?

[quote name='Flak']Nice, I didn't know you could combo boxes.

Pictobits is crazy, I'm on Stage 8 and it's starting to kick my ass. How many stages are there total?[/QUOTE]

30 Total divided up into 15 Normal and 15 "Dark" levels. Dark means, kick your ass.

I still havent beat dark 12. fucking Gannon.

Ah, guess I should have saved my coins for dark levels. I bought song 17 for 500 coins thinking it would be the most expensive thing. Now it reveals the name of the song and wants another 1000 coins for some reason.

[quote name='Flak']Ah, guess I should have saved my coins for dark levels. I bought song 17 for 500 coins thinking it would be the most expensive thing. Now it reveals the name of the song and wants another 1000 coins for some reason.[/QUOTE]

The 1000 unlocks the REMIX, which are wonderful little songs. Fret not, focus on earning Stars for each level (meaning no using the POW block) and you will have more than enough coins for everything.

[quote name='Flak']You can't tell me to not use my crutch :cry:[/QUOTE]

I can and do,

I found that if you bite the bullet and just restart instead of using POW it is easy to get the hang of things and it forces you to use better combos. In fact, I beat some of the Dark levels quicker forcing restarts and no POW than using POW.

Nintendo DSiWare™

SUDOKU MASTER
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 500 Nintendo DSi Points™
Description: SUDOKU MASTER offers 150 unique puzzles that beginners and experts alike will enjoy. A handful of tutorials will help you learn the rules and controls as you go, and handy features like Write Mode and Temp Numbers make Sudoku pleasantly user-friendly. Feeling confident? Then try your hand at Title Mode to work your way up from Rookie to Sudoku Master. All puzzles were created by Sudoku veteran NIKOLI Co., Ltd., and tips from Sudoku godfather Maki Kaji are offered between games.

[quote name='dallow']In the higher rank Factory levels, you do have to move pretty quickly.

I stay still when it first starts, and I start cutting patterns to prep the map.
I only close a map when it has a bomb on it, and I usually wait for two so I can get the bonus (close two boxes quickly).[/QUOTE]

I didn't even figure out until a few days ago that you could clear bombs and that you got a bonus for doing so. The first time I tried, it wouldn't let me fold around one. Starting to wonder about my touch screen... :bomb: Been having trouble with the cutting, too.

I think I just need to practice more. I am good with the small pieces in R&D, but I see the big piece in the factory and my brain turns to mush :roll:

[quote name='PleasantOne']I didn't even figure out until a few days ago that you could clear bombs and that you got a bonus for doing so. The first time I tried, it wouldn't let me fold around one. Starting to wonder about my touch screen... :bomb: Been having trouble with the cutting, too.

I think I just need to practice more. I am good with the small pieces in R&D, but I see the big piece in the factory and my brain turns to mush :roll:[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this is the case for you, but I had trouble cutting for a while because I was trying to use the stylus as an x-acto knife instead of a pair of scissors. Once I started cutting from the outside edge in, I did a whole lot better.

I've also had trouble folding, but then I seemed to learn the best 'gestures' to fold up the various shapes. Pretty awesome game.

[quote name='Strell']Please please please please please PLEASE

make me a wifi enabled Dragon Quest Rocket Slime Tank Wars DSiware game PLEASE. Imma blow you nerds up with my awesome tank.[/QUOTE]

QFT :applause:. I think my wife would have to get a DSi if this came true.

I downloaded Sudoku last night. I still like the brain age versions more, but I can always have this with me. Pretty good deal for $5. I'm a sucker for Sudoku.

[quote name='Flak']Hmmm I was feeling greedy and really hoping for another Art Style game =/[/QUOTE]

Mario vs DK is quite good too.

I'll have to look into that. Wish I had the money for a point card right now but, I don't.

The Lemmings name-dropping is making me excited and nostalgic. I played a lot, and I mean a lot, of Lemmings when I was a kid.

[quote name='Flak']I'll have to look into that. Wish I had the money for a point card right now but, I don't.

The Lemmings name-dropping is making me excited and nostalgic. I played a lot, and I mean a lot, of Lemmings when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

100 all-new levels (the boss levels are somewhat copies from MvsDK2 levels) and the ability to download 140 more levels. Also, Nintendo has been releasing 4 new levels a week.

I just picked up Mario Vs DK 2 yesterday and really enjoy it.

It's good to know that Nintendo is releasing new levels that often as well. The game is quite enjoyable and I'm having a great time working out solutions to the levels. Gotta keep getting those gold stars.

bread's done
Back