3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Pre-order at the lower price at Amazon
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

Quick Details:

Connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the below free games:

NES Virtual Console games:
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
The Legend of Zelda
+ 5 more

Gameboy Advance Virtual Console games (exclusive to this program)
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
+ 3 more

US Press Release
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”

Nintendo 3DS has the strongest software lineup of any video game system this holiday season and the new price now opens up the glasses-free 3D experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar is a Who’s Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. In addition to great games, Nintendo 3DS has a host of attractive features* that make it the must-have video game system this season:

The new Nintendo Video™ service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.A free application allows Netflix members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color “Virtual Console” games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

Japan details
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110728_3e.pdf

For Japan, if you buy before august 12, 2011 -- the day of the price drop you get 10 free VC NES games and 10 free VC GB advance games. the VC gba games will only be made available for early adopters -- and never for those who buy on the price drop date.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
My ebay auctions ended and I racked up about $250 bucks. I picked up Zelda, Pilotwings, and Street Fighter used at Gamestop today, and I pre ordered a black 3ds on Amazon. Hopefully they have a street date guarantee on it.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']My ebay auctions ended and I racked up about $250 bucks. I picked up Zelda, Pilotwings, and Street Fighter used at Gamestop today, and I pre ordered a black 3ds on Amazon. Hopefully they have a street date guarantee on it.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you get the 3DS for $250 now and price match later so you can get in on the free games?

Just logged onto the e-shop 20 minutes ago to check for any updated news.

"You are a 3DS Ambassador!. Starting september 1st you'll be able to download (insert official nintendo press about the 3DS Ambassador program here we've now known and read for weeks now about the 10 free NES games and later towards the end of 2011 the 10 free GBA games, not to be sold to the general public at a later date)"

Add me to the list of the confirmed 3DS Ambassadors that can now breath easy and relax knowing that their system is confirmed registered and guaranteed their 20 free games :bouncy: :D. hehe automatically registered... man they were'nt kidding lol :lol:.

Guys go check the "News" section on the e-shop on your 3DS's now to see that you've got your confirmation :D.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']My ebay auctions ended and I racked up about $250 bucks. I picked up Zelda, Pilotwings, and Street Fighter used at Gamestop today, and I pre ordered a black 3ds on Amazon. Hopefully they have a street date guarantee on it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='omyard']Why wouldn't you get the 3DS for $250 now and price match later so you can get in on the free games?[/QUOTE]

^ This This This x1000 ^

I would seriously call your local Best Buy or Target and ask them if they'll be doing the $80 price adjustment after the 11th and if they say yes and confirm it cancel your order @ Amazon, pick up your 3DS for $250 tommorow from BB or T, have them re-assure you and re-confirm with you that the price match will be fine, get their names for back up purposes, and then go back home and register your free 20 games dude! :lol:. an amazing added value to good to pass up IMO lol :drool:.

Just picked up 2 systems at Costco for regular price. They looked in the computer and shows the price drop on August 12. They said to bring back the receipt and they will do the price adjustment. So, I get the new price and the 20 games. yeah baby.

My only concern with the return/re-buy of the price adjustment is that, when you go back to the store, they're going to have to enter the serial number of the unit. It's possible this would "unregister" your 3DS from Nintendo's system and disqualify you for the free games... Very unlikely, but possible...

oddly, I bought my 3DS on the 2nd and its not even on the best buy reward zone CC "pending transactions" list. this has NEVER happened, its very rare for any purchase to not show up in two days, much less a BB purchase not show up in pending within a few hours. LOL would it be bad if they gave me a refund on the 12th.....and when my statement is final it turns out that through some glitch they never charged me?

*wishful thinking ahead*
They've given me enough problems in customer service maybe they flagged me for a free purchase

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Just picked up 2 systems at Costco for regular price. They looked in the computer and shows the price drop on August 12. They said to bring back the receipt and they will do the price adjustment. So, I get the new price and the 20 games. yeah baby.[/QUOTE]

Is your costco selling the unit as bare or are they adding accessory for additional 10 dollar?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Is your costco selling the unit as bare or are they adding accessory for additional 10 dollar?[/QUOTE]

They have it bundled for $10 more dollars. It will be 179.99 (saw it in computer). Same item number. It comes in a plain cardboard box. Inside it is the 3ds unit (same looking box sold at other stores) in 1 box and the extras in a second box.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I just picked up one at Target, but have yet to open it. The price drop will be going in effect nation-wide on the 12th, right?[/QUOTE]

Remember, you need to open it up, create a club nintendo account and then link that account to the 3ds init. If target scanned the serial number, you can not return it with a new unit you rebuy.

So just to clarify for myself (and, being relatively new here, hopefully I'm not stepping on any toes by asking/suggesting this):

Sales receipts record the serial number unique to each 3DS unit? I'd like to get in on the 20 free games action but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to pay out of pocket when I have more than enough in Amazon gift certs to cover the purchase.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Remember, you need to open it up, create a club nintendo account and then link that account to the 3ds init. If target scanned the serial number, you can not return it with a new unit you rebuy.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to return it, I just want to get the price difference. Target has a 14 day price-drop policy that if an item you buy drops in price within 14 days they will refund you the difference.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']They have it bundled for $10 more dollars. It will be 179.99 (saw it in computer). Same item number. It comes in a plain cardboard box. Inside it is the 3ds unit (same looking box sold at other stores) in 1 box and the extras in a second box.[/QUOTE]

May I ask... what's in the box? The warranty alone made it worth the extra 10 dollar...

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Remember, you need to open it up, create a club nintendo account and then link that account to the 3ds init. If target scanned the serial number, you can not return it with a new unit you rebuy.[/QUOTE]

Target has a price match policy and a 30 day return policy. Hardware isn't treated like software and can be returned after it has been opened.

Just had someone on another website tell me this:

"Those systems aren't going to have the same DCPI and it isn't going to be a sale, it's going to be a price cut/new reduced price. You're not going to get the price adjustment."

Any truth to this? I spoke to two different Target employees tonight, and they both said the price match/adjustment would be fine.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Just had someone on another website tell me this:

"Those systems aren't going to have the same DCPI and it isn't going to be a sale, it's going to be a price cut/new reduced price. You're not going to get the price adjustment."

Any truth to this? I spoke to two different Target employees tonight, and they both said the price match/adjustment would be fine.[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of the term DCPI before. I even googled "DCPI" and "DCPI retail" and found nothing of relevance.

As for "it isn't going to be a sale, it's going to be a price cut/new reduced price" he's 100% correct, it's not going to be a sale. A sale would indicate that this a temporary price reduction when this is permanent. That has no effect on a stores price matching policy. They price match when an item goes down in price for any reason.

I can only chalk this up to people who either bought at $250 and are mad or still can't afford one or get one for whatever reason. Instead of just not saying anything they want to tell people who are all excited about taking advantage of a 2 week loop hole decide they need to play armchair quarterback and spread crap so that people won't do it and when the 8/11 deadline passes they won't be the only ones with regret of not getting the 20 games and a price drop. They're basically preying on people's paranoia about not getting an $80 refund because it seems almost to good to be true. It sounds silly I know, but I can't think of another reason why someone would purposefully spread such blatant misinformation.

Stop throwing out common sense and just think about it for a minute. Not to flame you, but you said it yourself Target would match their price and yet you still question it. Why? You have facts in front of you yet you believe some random internet kid.

If there is any in anyone in this thread still doubting a price match do this:

1) Go to Best Buy before Saturday at closing.
2) Buy a game or another item that is in their ad for next week and on sale and buy it at this weeks higher price.
3) Go to Best Buy on Sunday and say you want a price match and see what happens.

You know whats going to happen you're going to get a refund. If they tell you no then you know what you do? You ask for a manager and have them over ride the employee or you just do a straight return then ask to buy that same item back for the sale price.

Sorry for the long rant, but I keep seeing this all over this thread and on other places and it's just mind numbing watching people throw common sense to the wind.

DCPI is kind of like a SKU. It's basically a retail tracking number.

This is the first I've heard of a new DCPI being put in place for the system especially since stores are still trying to clear out their old stock. Also 'some guy on a website' doesn't really rank up there for trustworthy sources.

Worse comes to worse you can return/rebuy.

[quote name='cochesecochese']DCPI is kind of like a SKU. It's basically a retail tracking number.

This is the first I've heard of a new DCPI being put in place for the system especially since stores are still trying to clear out their old stock. Also 'some guy on a website' doesn't really rank up there for trustworthy sources.

Worse comes to worse you can return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

If you go to Amazon you'll see that their $169.99 pre-order also has a different ASIN, but it shouldn't matter at all since all the stores have a built up stock of the original run 3DSes that are not going to just get thrown out. All of those are also going to be dropped to $169.99.

Also everyone, in case you are just blind or have bookmarked this thread and don't check out the rest of CAG, CheapyD announced that he has an inside source at Walmart that is sure the price of the 3DS at Walmart will be lowered to $169.99 (or whatever the Walmart "save 3 cents" price will be) on August 9th. This means that anyone not wanting to "risk" a price adjustment can just buy from Walmart from the 9th to the 11th and still receive their 20 free games by connecting to the eShop before 11:59 PM the 11th. This also means that if Walmart advertises it, those who bought it at Best Buy (or any other retailer with a price match policy) can get a competitor price match starting on the 9th, instead of waiting for a price adjustment on the 12th that has so many people worried.

Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

If Target does do a DPCI merge and changes the DPCI of the 3DS it is certainly going to make it difficult to price match after the drop. The reason is that your receipt is going to have the old DPCI on it which means the old DPCI will still have the price left at $249.99. Basically what is going to happen is that the system is going to think that there was no price drop on the old DPCI because the new DPCI is the one with the new price.

There might be ways around it but I can assure you of this, if they make the price drop a new DPCI it will not be as easy as walking in and handing them your receipt to get the adjustment.

ALL 3DS units (bar the differing colors) have the same UPC number. That is the barcode that retailers scan with their scannymabobs at the registers.

DPCI and ASIN don't mean shit. Amazon is just saving their ass because they can (they don't work like regular retailers). Brick-and-mortar stores have all that remaining stock of 3DS units that have the same barcodes as yours.

[quote name='Nintendonly']ALL 3DS units (bar the differing colors) have the same UPC number. That is the barcode that retailers scan with their scannymabobs at the registers.

DPCI and ASIN don't mean shit. Amazon is just saving their ass because they can (they don't work like regular retailers). Brick-and-mortar stores have all that remaining stock of 3DS units that have the same barcodes as yours.[/QUOTE]

The DPCI is tied to the UPC, when Target scans the UPC it ties to the DPCI in their system. If they change the DPCI the system will look at the old DPCI at $249.99 and the new DPCI at $169.99. The UPC will not have had to change.

I worked for Target for 3 years as a team lead and I can assure you this happens all the time with products. There was even a report I had to run called a DPCI merge report because products in the back room are tied to old DPCIs and thus not located. The products in the back rooms obviously don't change their UPC and yet their DPCIs have changed.

Yes the UPC will be the same but your receipt is going to have the old DPCI on it which the system won't be adjusting. You'll go in with your receipt they'll scan it and tell you there was no price drop on anything on your receipt because the old DPCI hasn't dropped.

This all only applies if they do actually change the DPCI. If they don't then you'll be fine.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The DPCI is tied to the UPC, when Target scans the UPC it ties to the DPCI in their system. If they change the DPCI the system will look at the old DPCI at $249.99 and the new DPCI at $169.99. The UPC will not have had to change.

I worked for Target for 3 years as a team lead and I can assure you this happens all the time with products. There was even a report I had to run called a DPCI merge report because products in the back room are tied to old DPCIs and thus not located. The products in the back rooms obviously don't change their UPC and yet their DPCIs have changed.

Yes the UPC will be the same but your receipt is going to have the old DPCI on it which the system won't be adjusting. You'll go in with your receipt they'll scan it and tell you there was no price drop on anything on your receipt because the old DPCI hasn't dropped.

This all only applies if they do actually change the DPCI. If they don't then you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Target's Price Match policy but this is exactly what Best Buy's says:

"Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period."

Now I don't care if the DPCI is 1 digit off or 1 million digits off, a 3DS that's on the shelf today and doesn't get sold until after the 12th is identical to a 3DS that gets bought today. When it's price goes down, so can mine.

Are you guys serious? I can't believe there's still more arguing. Amazon definitely fails on this one. Walmart has it for $169.99 on the 9th, Retailers price match and we all win unless of course you buy it from Amazon, which is stupid anyways.

[quote name='karyadi']Are you guys serious? I can't believe there's still more arguing. Amazon definitely fails on this one. Walmart has it for $169.99 on the 9th, Retailers price match and we all win unless of course you buy it from Amazon, which is stupid anyways.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much arguing as those afraid refusing to look past their fear, at all the evidence in favor of price matching, because of very little evidence thats adding to their fear.

Just let them buy at Walmart on the 9th and all the rest of us will use up our gift cards and/or earn our rewards.

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I don't know about Target's Price Match policy but this is exactly what Best Buy's says:

"Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy Retail Store or BestBuy.com. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period."

Now I don't care if the DPCI is 1 digit off or 1 million digits off, a 3DS that's on the shelf today and doesn't get sold until after the 12th is identical to a 3DS that gets bought today. When it's price goes down, so can mine.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah even if they do change the DPCI Target still has their price match policy to follow. I'm not saying you won't be able to get it at all but rather it isn't going to be easy if they change the DPCI.

A price match at Target should work no matter what. A price adjustment using just your receipt is what will be the difficult part with a change in the DPCI.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Oh yeah even if they do change the DPCI Target still has their price match policy to follow. I'm not saying you won't be able to get it at all but rather it isn't going to be easy if they change the DPCI.

A price match at Target should work no matter what. A price adjustment using just your receipt is what will be the difficult part with a change in the DPCI.[/QUOTE]

I never even thought it could be that easy. I always figured you have to say at least something as evidence.

"You have this exact same item on the shelf for $XX less. If I were to return this today unopened (obviously not in this case) you'd be selling it tomorrow for the lower price. I'd like a price adjustment, please."

It may not be entirely accurate since I don't know how long a returned item stays in limbo before it goes back on the shelf, but you get the point.

[quote name='elessar123']It's fear, yes, but even if there's one store that refuses to pricematch, then the risk is real, and it's be safer to buy from Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Well it'll be interesting to see if the "risk" is indeed real on the 12th (or maybe even the 9th). I'd like to see if anyone gets refused from Best Buy at all. I can't vouch for other stores since I've only ever price matched at Best Buy and it has always been without any hassle, with the exception of them instituting their Black Friday exception a few years ago. The year before I price matched everything with them, then suddenly they said they didn't do it anymore. So I went to Circuit City and they still price matched on that day. Obviously I can't do that anymore.

And no, in case you're wondering, I don't work for/at/with Best Buy.

Amazon is probably concerned about having dissatisfied customers since the amazon price would likely drop in a day so those ordering one day before would get it for $250 and those one day later for $170. There are also shipping times involved and if a customer doesn't get their system by the deadline for the free games they will have an angry customer. Then they would be losing money on dealing with returns and customers that aren't satisfied. They are only protecting themselves by holding stock until the price drop.

What you guys don't realize is that the user at that other message board saying the DPCI number changed is full of shit. If it is tied to the UPC number, and the UPC number hasn't changed for either the units sitting on the shelves or the units that will be coming in on the trucks. And believe me, companies want to minimize the number of UPC number changes due to the fees they have to pay to for those numbers.

[quote name='SaraAB']Amazon is probably concerned about having dissatisfied customers since the amazon price would likely drop in a day so those ordering one day before would get it for $250 and those one day later for $170. There are also shipping times involved and if a customer doesn't get their system by the deadline for the free games they will have an angry customer. Then they would be losing money on dealing with returns and customers that aren't satisfied. They are only protecting themselves by holding stock until the price drop.[/QUOTE]

It also allows for people who only care about the $170 price point to pre-order and have it delivered on 8/12. Now their customers won't have to go to another retailer on the 12th to get one at $170.

If you keep the system near mint, it'll probably be a rare item down the line. The Ambassador program insures that your system will be one of a kind and entitles 20 free games, 10 which are exclusive. If you have a good amount of money to spend and don't mind not using the system except for the purpose of downloading the games, it probably will go up in value.

I don't see this going down in value unless you really tear up the system. It won't be rare right away since a lot of people did buy this system, however give it 2-4 year when the next system comes out. Not a lot of people will have this near mint and complete with everything.

Just my 2 cents though.

I bought 2 at costco that is bundled in a generic brown box. I have ordered 2 169.99 ones from amazon and will replace the unopened units from amazon in brown costco box and taken them back. So, I actually keep the original 3ds from Costco that are registered. They have no record of serial numbers because they never actually see the numbers at Costco. No worry about price match problems.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I bought 2 at costco that is bundled in a generic brown box. I have ordered 2 169.99 ones from amazon and will replace the unopened units from amazon in brown costco box and taken them back. So, I actually keep the original 3ds from Costco that are registered. They have no record of serial numbers because they never actually see the numbers at Costco. No worry about price match problems.[/QUOTE]

return fraud FTW

[quote name='ssjmichael']return fraud FTW[/QUOTE]
Return Fraud. NOT. You can return the exact same product you bought from another store at a lower price.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Return Fraud. NOT. You can return the exact same product you bought from another store at a lower price.[/QUOTE]

Would you be willing to tell them that the units you're returning are actually from Amazon and you're keeping the ones you bought from Costco? Or that you're doing this because 1.) you're getting 20 free games by doing it and 2.) You're more than likely saving on taxes this way. Doesn't sound like you would since you already covered for them not having records of the serial numbers. Do what you want though, I'm not your moral compass.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Would you be willing to tell them that the units you're returning are actually from Amazon and you're keeping the ones you bought from Costco because they qualified for 20 free games? Doesn't sound like you would since you already covered for them not having records of the serial numbers. Do what you want though, I'm not your moral compass.[/QUOTE]

And why are you on this site? trolling? Fraud would be putting rocks inside a product and returning it. You need to look at your morals calling returning the exact same item as fraud.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']And why are you on this site? trolling? Fraud would be putting rocks inside a product and returning it. You need to look at your morals calling returning the exact same item as fraud.[/QUOTE]

If it was the exact same item you wouldn't be returning one from one retailer for another. Since you failed to actually answer my question, I'll just assume that's a "no" for willing to be transparent about the return.

The retarded thing is, just yesterday you said that Costco said you can get a price adjustment after the 12th, yet you're still planning to return units you bought off of Amazon to them. What for? To save taxes? Sad

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Just picked up 2 systems at Costco for regular price. They looked in the computer and shows the price drop on August 12. They said to bring back the receipt and they will do the price adjustment. So, I get the new price and the 20 games. yeah baby.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']The retarded thing is, just yesterday you said that Costco said you can get a price adjustment after the 12th, yet you're still planning to return units you bought off of Amazon. What for? To save taxes? Sad[/QUOTE]

Troll. The funny thing is your picture kind of looks like a troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on here since Feb 2007, you're still in training pants. I pointed out something you obviously can't answer directly so I get labeled a troll

I freaking love it

[quote name='ssjmichael']I've been on here since Feb 2007, you're still in training pants. I pointed out something you obviously can't answer directly so I get labeled a troll

I freaking love it[/QUOTE]

What you love saying something is fraud and you have no idea what it is. I bet you never returned something you got from another store or without a receipt. By the way your pic even looks like a troll. What exactly did you point out? That you do not know what fraud is?

I read a lot of incidents over the years in which people bought a game in store A and then later found a cheaper one in store B, and they just returned the cheaper one (same item, unmolested) to store A since they already opened the one from A. It seems like a lot of people have been doing this but they didn't flamed by the moral police here though.

Next time, there's an "argument" keep it in the PMs. It's starting to get off-topic, also keep in mind about things you post. Don't let it go out of hand, pointing something out is okay but you don't have to go out of your way to provoke. Also, if they seem kinda shady even by a little, you're gonna get flamed.

Anyways, back on topic, I hope Newegg does something before the price drop as well :)

[quote name='eau']I read a lot of incidents over the years in which people bought a game in store A and then later found a cheaper one in store B, and they just returned the cheaper one (same item, unmolested) to store A since they already opened the one from A. It seems like a lot of people have been doing this but they didn't flamed by the moral police here though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you . I agree 100% with you.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']What you love saying something is fraud and you have no idea what it is. I bet you never returned something you got from another store or without a receipt. By the way your pic even looks like a troll. What exactly did you point out? That you do not know what fraud is?[/QUOTE]

Since you don't like my interepretation let's check out what Wikipedia has to say:

Return fraud is the act of somehow defrauding a retail establishment via the return process. There are various ways in which this crime is committed

In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual;

So just to summarize,

1.) Are you intentionally deceiving Costco for personal gain? Let's see: you're saving on taxes and getting 20 free games by doing so. YES Congrats that qualifies for Fraud!

2.) During the return process are you somehow defrauding a retail establishment? Let's see: We just covered that you're committing fraud, and it appears that you're doing it during the return process so: YES, Once again congratulations you now qualify for Return fraud!

As our grand winner, here's your prize!

586954549-retard-prize.jpg

Was in toys r us today and asked if I bought a 3ds, would they price match after the drop. He said their policy was unopened items only even non-software and that they most likely would not.

bread's done
Back