3DS MSRP Drop to $169.99 On 08/12/11, already at Target, WM, Amazon

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Pre-order at the lower price at Amazon
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Nintendo 3DS Price Drop Hits on August 9th at Walmart

Quick Details:

Connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11 to qualify for the below free games:

NES Virtual Console games:
Super Mario Bros.
Donkey Kong JR.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climbers
The Legend of Zelda
+ 5 more

Gameboy Advance Virtual Console games (exclusive to this program)
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart Advance
Metroid Fusion
Wario ware
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
+ 3 more

US Press Release
REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Nintendo of America today announced plans to drop the suggested retail price of its portable Nintendo 3DS™system to $169.99 in the United States, as new games based on some of the world’s most beloved video game franchises head to the system. The new price, down from the suggested launch price of $249.99 and effective Aug. 12, makes an outstanding value even better and sets up a strong holiday season for the system.

“For anyone who was on the fence about buying a Nintendo 3DS, this is a huge motivation to buy now,” said Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “We are giving shoppers every incentive to pick up a Nintendo 3DS, from an amazing new price to a rapid-fire succession of great games.”

Nintendo 3DS has the strongest software lineup of any video game system this holiday season and the new price now opens up the glasses-free 3D experience to many more consumers. Building on the popularity of The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D, which launched June 19, the upcoming game calendar is a Who’s Who of iconic video game franchises. Star Fox 64™ 3D arrives on Sept. 9, followed by Super Mario™ 3D Land in November, Mario Kart™ 7 in December and Kid Icarus™: Uprising during the holiday season. In addition to great games, Nintendo 3DS has a host of attractive features* that make it the must-have video game system this season:

The new Nintendo Video™ service automatically delivers short 3D videos from the worlds of music, comedy, animation and Hollywood.A free application allows Netflix members with unlimited streaming plans to instantly watch TV episodes and movies streaming from Netflix.

The Nintendo eShop is a digital store for Nintendo 3DS owners that provides access to a wide variety of downloadable content, such as original 3D software, classic games that have been re-mastered in 3D called 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy Color “Virtual Console” games in their original 2D glory, and more than 350 Nintendo DSiWare™ games. Visitors can also view video game trailers, screen shots and product information for games, including those available at retail locations.

Since Nintendo 3DS launched in the United States on March 27, more than 830,000 people in the U.S. alone have purchased one to enjoy 3D visuals without the need for special glasses. These Nintendo 3DS owners represent some of Nintendo’s most loyal customers, and Nintendo is rewarding them for getting in on the action early with 20 free downloadable games from the Nintendo eShop.

These free games are available to anyone who owns a Nintendo 3DS system and uses a wireless broadband Internet signal to connect to the Nintendo eShop at least once before 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11. These users will automatically be registered in the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program. The program contains two elements:

Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi’s Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future.

More details about this program will be announced in the future.

Japan details
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2011/110728_3e.pdf

For Japan, if you buy before august 12, 2011 -- the day of the price drop you get 10 free VC NES games and 10 free VC GB advance games. the VC gba games will only be made available for early adopters -- and never for those who buy on the price drop date.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/index.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/info110728/detail.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bubbamel']Just be careful though, as some Best Buys only take trades on games bought from them. Check with your Best Buy first, before you hope to get in on some trade in deals there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. There's more than one BB in my area I can get to so I'll call around before I go, =D

After trading in some games and selling some on ebay I'm 10 bucks short from a price drop 3ds. My DS Lite and PSP2000 are still on ebay and should fetch me another 100 bucks for games. Just signed up for Gamestop PUR Pro and get the buy 2 get 1 coupon in a couple of days. Its all falling into place lol.

[quote name='LucerinRed']To those making it sound like there's going to be a flood of people buying the system and then returning it to get the price difference credited, it's not going to happen. Most people aren't CAGers. [/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. The $169 price is to boost sales to parents and the general public this holiday. The allowance of the 20 free games & price match combination is to boost sales from informed gamers now. It's pretty savvy and I'll probably be selling off my DS Lite and picking up a 3DS later this week.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I've got a quick question for anyone that has one, as I am about to go pick one up and was wondering about it. Since the battery supposedly goes pretty quick, I am guessing it wouldn't last too long or be too beneficial for long flights, like international flights. Is there any kind of USB charger or anything that can be used to charge it for cases like that?

Or is the port some kind of dumb Nintendo-only port like they seem to like using for their handhelds.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo uses proprietary crap unfortunately.

I purchased an alternative called Power Pak+ from Amazon for $19.99 and got it today. The Pak effectively doubles the battery life but it thickens up the system a bit. The Pak has a nice rubberized texture that gives folks with large hands like myself a much better grip.
One word of warning is to be extremely careful with the four screws on the back of the system. It is as easy to strip the screws as the PS3 HD's.

Edit: not sure if link is working, but the direct link is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SJA7L6

[quote name='maxfisher']Agree 100%. The $169 price is to boost sales to parents and the general public this holiday. The allowance of the 20 free games & price match combination is to boost sales from informed gamers now. It's pretty savvy and I'll probably be selling off my DS Lite and picking up a 3DS later this week.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Were I not already a 3DS owner, I would likely have sold off a thing or two to bring in money to purchase a 3DS quickly. The Ambassador program is really solid.

Picked up a 3ds from target today. Was assured anything that has a price drop within 14 days of purchase is valid for a refund of the difference.

Have zelda 3ds already that I got for 25 bucks through gamefly a couple weeks ago so ive been looking for a reason to grab one. Looking forward to the free games!

Ok, so how can you actually verify that you've been included in the Ambassador Program? know it says that you just have to log into the eShop just once, which I have, but it's not like you get any prompt or anything and I don't want to be screwed out of my games.

[quote name='Jurassic425']This is EXACTLY what Nintendo was counting on. They knew that by dropping the price people would rush out and buy them, and also buy a crappy 3DS game or two to tide them over until November when the good stuff starts coming out.[/QUOTE]
They got the wrong person. LOL. I got SSFIV on 360 and DOA4. I browsed through the market place and I can't believe they're trying to pass this stuff off for these prices. They need another fire lit under them.
You only need to go in the market place to get the 20 games right?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Here's a video that'll explain it [/QUOTE]

my aqua blue 3DS does the same thing as the one on the left :| and when they make the noise by opening it, mine sounds like the one on the left too.

also, is the black 3DS not glossy like the aqua blue one? if so i'm exchanging it. my DS lite has been covered with a full body invisibleshield since ~july 2006 (replaced once because it was basically falling apart and yellowed), and I didn't want to have to do that with the 3DS also.

[quote name='chimpmeister']What is the problem with quality control at Nintendo? Besides the loose hinge problem, I have heard that the top screen can get scratched by the bezel or buttons/analog pad on the lower half of the unit, due to the bumpers on the unit being too shallow. Did they not evaluate all of this before releasing the 3DS? Makes no sense at all, especially when Nintendo's past history has been to build their consoles (both handheld and TV-based) very well. I stll have my old NES, SNES, N64, and GBA-SP consoles, and they're all built like tanks. I understand modern electronics may be more complicated, but these kinds of problems on a brand new console are really surprising from this company.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I have a pearl blue GBA SP I bought on ebay, it looked like it was absolutely destroyed. there was dirt everywhere, the L/R buttons barely work, and there are lines on the right side of the screen. but it works perfectly and the screen isn't really that bad.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Ok, so how can you actually verify that you've been included in the Ambassador Program. I know it says that you just have to log into the eShop just once, which I have, but it's not like you get any prompt or anything and I don't want to be screwed out of my games.[/QUOTE]

You're fine

I bought two brand new games, and I still cant make myself buy a 3ds yet.. I am the early adopter of so much tech gear too.. I have had every system in my hands at one time except a 3do, and neo geo.. I own a sony 55 3d tv too.. I have always supported nintendo and bought every system they manufactured except the virtua boy.. but I am still soooo on the fence with this. The power that the new PS vita brings to the table to fight with, just isnt fair to the 3ds. Since only one portable system is going to get supported by me this go around (see what happens when you buy a house, and a sports car... lol) and quite frankly the 3DS is just lacking in power, and for 3d, id rather play ps3 on my 3d sony at home.. So I think I need the more adult system, and more power. I am a gfx whore.

I guess I will have to sell my ridge racer, and the ghost recon shadow wars game (is that the right title?)

[quote name='GizmoGC']Shit. Mines like that. Floppy. what's the fix?[/QUOTE]

RedvsBlue hates Nintendo for what they have done! (I'm sure it was him that had the problem in the 3DS forum) but apparently Nintendo has an acceptable wobbliness on the product.

Just to be extra clear I don't have to link my club nintendo account to the portable do I? I have to just access the eshop and I'm good? If so then I'm good.

[quote name='JokerCard']Just to be extra clear I don't have to link my club nintendo account to the portable do I? I have to just access the eshop and I'm good? If so then I'm good.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to link anything nor say YES to anything but the usage terms. Once you're int he shop and able to browse through it, that's it

[quote name='skiizim']RedvsBlue hates Nintendo for what they have done! (I'm sure it was him that had the problem in the 3DS forum) but apparently Nintendo has an acceptable wobbliness on the product.[/QUOTE]

Find me a post where I said anything of the sort. What I did say is that after numerous replacements and a call to customer service (in which I was treated very rudely) I decided there was little chance of getting a system that didn't have a wobbly hinge.

Nintendo can say this is within specifications all the want but there are clearly systems with different, and more practical, hinges. I'm not sure why Nintendo can't make all their systems like the one on the right in the video but that's the 3DS I want to own.

I'm back to the DS lite now and haven't doubted my decision to trade in my 3DS at all. Plenty of games, a hinge that stays in place, and a ridiculously long battery life. All things I had to talk myself into not mattering during the 4 months I owned a 3DS.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Shit. Mines like that. Floppy. what's the fix?[/QUOTE]

There isn't one, it's pure luck of the draw.

[quote name='mariol90']my aqua blue 3DS does the same thing as the one on the left :| and when they make the noise by opening it, mine sounds like the one on the left too.

also, is the black 3DS not glossy like the aqua blue one? if so i'm exchanging it. my DS lite has been covered with a full body invisibleshield since ~july 2006 (replaced once because it was basically falling apart and yellowed), and I didn't want to have to do that with the 3DS also.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, the black one is glossy as well.
[quote name='ProtoEXE88']You're fine[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Find me a post where I said anything of the sort.

I'm back to the DS lite now and haven't doubted my decision to trade in my 3DS at all. Plenty of games, a hinge that stays in place, and a ridiculously long battery life. All things I had to talk myself into not mattering during the 4 months I owned a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't quoting per verbatim but was just trying to point out you were having issues with the question in hand.

After watching that damn video the first time I popped out my 3DS it's not bad like the left side but it is like the right one. I would go crazy with a wobbly 3DS considering some of the games use the gyro motion. Hell, it would be a pain in the ass to play Face Raiders.

[quote name='Halo05']In related news, I've flip-flopped on buying a 3ds like twice more since last night. Shit is driving me berserk. I just need to resist until August 12th and then I can comfortably wait for a hardware revision before buying one.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I've been going back and forth for the last couple of days. This decision really shouldn't be that difficult. I think I've finally decided that I'm just going to wait until Black Friday and hope to score a deal that involves a game or two. I don't care about the 20 free games enough and I think by November we'll see how this price drop pans out for Nintendo. If it looks like the system is going to stay afloat, I'll pick one up. Plus hopefully by then some more games and maybe another color DS will be announced.

What I really need to do in the meantime is head out to a Best Buy and actually play the thing. Maybe that'll help me decide.

[quote name='metallicoholic']What I really need to do in the meantime is head out to a Best Buy and actually play the thing. Maybe that'll help me decide.[/QUOTE]

When you go to Best Buy, keep in mind that you can lift the unit up off the display stand and hold it as you would when using it at home. I was a little underwhelmed trying it on the base but as soon as I picked it up my decision was made.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Tell me about it. I've been going back and forth for the last couple of days. This decision really shouldn't be that difficult. I think I've finally decided that I'm just going to wait until Black Friday and hope to score a deal that involves a game or two. I don't care about the 20 free games enough...[/QUOTE]

This. I've been on the fence waiting for a price drop and this ALMOST got me, but there still aren't any 3DS game I "must have" and I don't give a frell about the 20 free games.

Sure, there are some games I'd LIKE to have (Ocarina, Tom Clancy, etc.), but unless I'm getting a system + game bundle, I'm not budging.

In the meantime, though, I'll be slowly building up a very low-cost "must play" DS library. That'll keep my buying itch in check.

I hope there is some kind of deal on games somewhere soon now. Every game I want that is out right now is $39.99 at all the major retailers at the moment.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']There isn't one, it's pure luck of the draw.[/QUOTE]

I just bought one and it is floppy in that it moves about half an inch with a touch of my finger or if i re-orient the system.

Everything else is perfect with the system.. no squeaky circle pad, no squeaky hinge, no dead pixels.

Should I swap it or no? I don't want to get a worse one. Are there people out there with "perfect" systems?

[quote name='Kylearan']
Sure, there are some games I'd LIKE to have (Ocarina, Tom Clancy, etc.), but unless I'm getting a system + game bundle, I'm not budging.
[/QUOTE]

I've been playing Ocarina (with 3d off most of the time) and I forgot how tremendous this game is. I haven't played it since its original release.

For me, one truly magnificent game > a whole library of "good" games. This was one of my top 5 ever games when I played it originally and being able to play it this much later, I might have to say its the best game ever now because of how well the characters and gameplay hold up.

[quote name='Kylearan']This. I've been on the fence waiting for a price drop and this ALMOST got me, but there still aren't any 3DS game I "must have" and I don't give a frell about the 20 free games.

In the meantime, though, I'll be slowly building up a very low-cost "must play" DS library. That'll keep my buying itch in check.[/QUOTE]

Well... basically, if you buy it right now, you are kinda getting it in a bundle with 10 NES games + 10 GBA games.

Not bad at all.

[quote name='skiizim']I wasn't quoting per verbatim but was just trying to point out you were having issues with the question in hand.

After watching that damn video the first time I popped out my 3DS it's not bad like the left side but it is like the right one. I would go crazy with a wobbly 3DS considering some of the games use the gyro motion. Hell, it would be a pain in the ass to play Face Raiders.[/QUOTE]

See, now you know where I'm coming from. Zelda's gyros aiming was damn near unusable. This loose hinge was one thing on DSi XLs that you will pretty much keep stationary but with the 3DS you have both the 3d effect and the games using the gyroscope which are affected negatively with the loose hinge flopping the top screen around.

I don't hate Nintendo at all because, frankly, truly hating a video game company is a bit silly. Sure you can hate things they do but unless they're responsible for killing your family putting that much effort into hating a company really is pointless.

What i do hate is their design choices with the 3DS. It annoys me that a system which they wanted to initally charge $250 for had this issues that make the system feel, not like top of the line hardware, but rather a system built from components from the cheapest manufacturers possible. It's kind of like the launch model 360s and their failure rates that were obviously due to the use of the cheapest materials available.

Do I want the 3DS fail? Not really, I'd like to see it successful enough to go the way of the DS, complete with a hardware redesign that is as good as the DS lite hardware redesign was. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind seeing more games for it because I really feel like DS has one of the best video game libraries of all time and certainly has the best portable video game library. Until then though, I can't see myself picking up the 3DS again. Fool me once... and all that jazz.
[quote name='tranceFusion']I just bought one and it is floppy in that it moves about half an inch with a touch of my finger or if i re-orient the system.

Everything else is perfect with the system.. no squeaky circle pad, no squeaky hinge, no dead pixels.

Should I swap it or no? I don't want to get a worse one. Are there people out there with "perfect" systems?[/QUOTE]

If you are going to swap it out do it at the store because your chances of getting a tight hinge from Nintendo support are slim to none. I replaced mine twice and both were about the same and most of what i could find on the internet had similar experiences...

Difference of opinions, obviously, but I honestly think the 3DS feels higher quality than my original DS, DSLite, DSi, or DSiXL. Of all of them, I'd say the DSi feels the cheapest by far.

For an analogy, I feel like the 3DS is to the original model PSP as the DSi is to the PSP-3000. Both the 3DS and the original PSP, to me, felt like well-built and very solid systems. The DSi and the PSP-3000 feel overly plastic-y and very, very cheap.

Like I said, just my opinion. I've just seen a ton of people say that the 3DS feels cheap, and I just don't get it. Like many things about the system, I'll just have to agree to disagree with people.

Agreed 007, I feel the same way.

The 3DS feels very solid in my hands and I love the glossy nature of the outer shell but without the fingerprints. Within the first week of owning the DSi I noticed I scuffed up the outer matte coating already and I usually take care of my products with extreme care so I was surprised at how easily this was done.

Don't get me wrong they are still solidly built machines but the 3DS has a heft to it makes it that makes it feel more solid.

Plus the analog nub makes playing certain games so much more enjoyable.

I think I got lucky though cause my aqua blue 3DS has no floppy hinge but one really tiny tiny stuck pixel. Its not noticeable unless you are looking for it so im not going to bother exchanging it.

Honestly, I didn't even notice it until the screen went all black. So it may become unstuck in the future.

I agree with this as well. The 3DS feels like a high quality system to me. I don't have any issues with my system either :) (No loose hinge, no dead pixels, etc).

[quote name='007']Difference of opinions, obviously, but I honestly think the 3DS feels higher quality than my original DS, DSLite, DSi, or DSiXL. Of all of them, I'd say the DSi feels the cheapest by far.

For an analogy, I feel like the 3DS is to the original model PSP as the DSi is to the PSP-3000. Both the 3DS and the original PSP, to me, felt like well-built and very solid systems. The DSi and the PSP-3000 feel overly plastic-y and very, very cheap.

Like I said, just my opinion. I've just seen a ton of people say that the 3DS feels cheap, and I just don't get it. Like many things about the system, I'll just have to agree to disagree with people.[/QUOTE]

The way I'm talking myself out of it (for now, I'm going back and forth on an hourly basis!) is to ask myself whether once the Lite came out, would I have hung onto an original DS because I had 20 free games tied to that system that I wasn't terribly interested in. I think I would have still gone with the Lite. Now, the analogy isn't perfect, the 3DS is not nearly the monstrosity that was the original DS, but the refinements that will come in a 3DS lite make we want to hold off for now even with the 20 free games...

Just don't ask me tomorrow what I think!

To be honest, I actually think this thing is worth it for 170. I bought mine last week and I actually REALLY like the 3d. At first it kinda made me a BIT dizzy, but after I got used to it, I have no more problems. The 3d REALLY adds to the games and just makes the graphics seem way better. Ive definitely had impulse buys before and I usually feel so guilty that I end up returning them. BUT with the 3ds, I actually dont feel guilty. I really do enjoy it and for anyone that has the money to spend, and is considering this, I would say definitely go out and buy it. (The 20 free games really are a great bonus as well - enough to make me seal the deal.) The reality is I dont think the 3ds will be doomed or will die fast. Its a nintendo handheld console and after the ds will stop having support, it will be nintendos ONLY handheld console. I can easily see the 3ds become just as big as the DS was.

Plus having OoT on sale for 30 at target last week helped my decision.

[quote name='poet17eric']The way I'm talking myself out of it (for now, I'm going back and forth on an hourly basis!) is to ask myself whether once the Lite came out, would I have hung onto an original DS because I had 20 free games tied to that system that I wasn't terribly interested in. I think I would have still gone with the Lite. Now, the analogy isn't perfect, the 3DS is not nearly the monstrosity that was the original DS, but the refinements that will come in a 3DS lite make we want to hold off for now even with the 20 free games...

Just don't ask me tomorrow what I think![/QUOTE]

When you link your 3DS with your Club Nintendo account, aren't the downloads tied to that account?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']When you link your 3DS with your Club Nintendo account, aren't the downloads tied to that account?[/QUOTE]

No, they're tied to the hardware ID of the console. Sell/break/lose the console, and your games are gone.

I ultimately decided to keep the 3DS. I have never owned a DS before (my 5 year old nephew has a DS Lite but can't share) so I figured why not make this my first? It feels like a solid little handheld and the 20 free games is a huge incentive on me buying it. Those will definitely hold me off until Super Smash 3ds comes along.

Just bought a starter kit on Amazon, some styluses and a nice metal case on Ebay. Hopefully the case makes the screen a little less wobbly.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, they're tied to the hardware ID of the console. Sell/break/lose the console, and your games are gone.[/QUOTE]

I know it will never happen, but just imagine with me a day when Nintendo downloads worked like Steam, linked to an account. Regardless of the hardware you had or upgraded to, the stuff you downloaded on any Nintendo system, period. That would make me a Nintendo fan once again and justify the prices they put on downloadable content.

Any guesses on how much a used 3ds will cost at gamestop after this price drop ? I'm going to get a used on there because I have 70 credits on my card so I will put it towards that. I'm guessing 129 or 139 will be the price

[quote name='poet17eric']I know it will never happen, but just imagine with me a day when Nintendo downloads worked like Steam, linked to an account. Regardless of the hardware you had or upgraded to, the stuff you downloaded on any Nintendo system, period. That would make me a Nintendo fan once again and justify the prices they put on downloadable content.[/QUOTE]

That would be absolutely glorious. Nintendo already missed out on selling me a red Wii because I can't transfer all my VC games off my white Wii. I'll buy a Wii U very close to launch if I can painlessly transfer my VC/Wiiware stuff to it.

I swung by Best Buy today but after messing around with the 3ds yet again, I've decided to wait for the 3ds lite or whatever will come down the pike. I own most of the free games already so beyond playing them on a new format, I'm not missing anything.

[quote name='strait edge follower']any guesses on how much a used 3ds will cost at gamestop after this price drop ? I'm going to get a used on there because i have 70 credits on my card so i will put it towards that. I'm guessing 129 or 139 will be the price[/quote]

$167.99.

In all seriousness, $159.99, which is the cost of a used DSi XL. Still sounds like a joke to me.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No, they're tied to the hardware ID of the console. Sell/break/lose the console, and your games are gone.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I was kinda right. Any games you download will be registered IN your Club Nintendo account, not necessarily tied TO your Club Nintendo account.

https://club.nintendo.com/link-shop-account.do

Seems pretty dumb, if I'm reading it right. They'll be in your Club Nintendo account for points/post play surveys, but you couldn't re-download them even if it says you own them...

[quote name='lordopus99']Aren't the games downloaded to your SD card? If so, who says you wont be able to move the SD card to a new model and play them there?[/QUOTE]

You can also backup downloads from you Wii, but you can't use then on different Wiis. So no, being able to put it on an SD card means nothing.

[quote name='elessar123']You can also backup downloads from you Wii, but you can't use then on different Wiis. So no, being able to put it on an SD card means nothing.[/QUOTE]

You can already transfer DSiWare games from a DSi or DSi XL to a 3DS, and it's been said you'll eventually be able to transfer from one 3DS to another. Granted you have to have both systems so it doesn't help if yours is lost or stolen or already traded in, but it's certainly not the same situation as the Wii.

Just got back from my Best Buy. I asked about the 30 day price guarantee policy and he said it would be no problem. He even mentioned that he, as well as four of his other associates purchased a 3DS the day the price drop was announced to take part in this.

His name was Jesus, so I have no reason no to trust him. I....think...

Luckily for me, my GF just went to Canada to see her parents. She picked me up a 3DS which was $169.99 at an Edmonton Costco. Her dad has a card there. So now I'll just have to wait till Sunday when she returns to enjoy my 3DS! :).

-DarkLegacy

[quote name='strait edge follower']Any guesses on how much a used 3ds will cost at gamestop after this price drop ? I'm going to get a used on there because I have 70 credits on my card so I will put it towards that. I'm guessing 129 or 139 will be the price[/QUOTE]

id be surprised if they went lower then $149.99
i mean, on their website the used (refurb) ds's go for

$69.99 for the ds
$79.99 for the ds lite
$119.99 for the dsi
and these are really old systems and at the most a $30 discount... so i would say a $30-$40 drop right out the gate is most likely unrealistic
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/nintendo-ds/systems?nav=1386-c4-17e

unless they do a % off per price bracket, like $10 off every $50. i guess that could be the way they price stuff? i dont know, ive never worked there. i guess it could be $30 or so off. its possible i guess... still kind of think $149.99 for some reason though lol.

bread's done
Back