3DS or PS3?

juanawoman

CAGiversary!
Here's my dilema. I have around 400 dollars at GameStop and I want to buy either-

PS3(with a 50 dollar gift card)
3DS

Which should I get? Thanks.

Depends. Do you already have a 360? How strongly do you feel about PS3 exclusives? Do you prefer handhelds or consoles?

I recently got a PS3 despite already owning a 360 and I have been impressed with nearly everything except the Playstation store. It's a complete mess and ridiculously hard to find anything.

The other knock against it is if you already have a vested interest in the Xbox (paying for live, games, etc). We live in a multi-platform world and most major releases find their way to both consoles making owning a second system a bit redundant. Don't get me wrong, games like Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank are good but are they good enough for you to lay down the cash.

The 3DS offers a new gimmick but comes at an allegedly high cost. The games look great and you're likely to see stuff come down the pike that can't be done on the home consoles. That said, the launch window lineup seems kind of weak with lots of sequels, console ports, and remakes/updates.

That depends on what are your needs and preferences, Ps3 has been around for a few years and it has a big library of games, plus you can get a lot of really good games cheap( uncharted 1 and 2, metal gear solid...) and you get one of the best blu-Ray players out there. But if you prefer to play games on the road or just enjoy portables more than consoles, then go for the 3ds. But be aware that knowing Nintendo past handheld systems, I'm pretty sure they'll come up with a better version later with better battery life. Sorry I can't go into more details, but typing on cellphone is a pain LOL

They both look so awesome though. To add more details-
I currently have an original DS.
I have a Wii and 360 in terms of consoles already, so I have played a lot of the multiplatform games out there.

I could always get the other later, but they both look cool.

Yeah, this shouldn't be a difficult choice. However, I'll tell you that I would wait until the second 3DS edition. Simply because there will likely not be many good games until the second edition is released. Then, when you buy the second edition in a year and a half, you'll be able to pick up the backlog cheap.

If that makes sense to you, then pick up a PS3. However, while I own a PS3, if I were being smart, I'd just stick with a 360 even though I hate Microsoft.

Reason I wanted the PS3 was because of the exclusives. Not to start anything, but it seems like the 360 doesn't have much in terms of exclusives this year.

Thanks for the help, guys.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Do you want to play at your house? PS3
On the road? 3DS

There. That was simple, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]

Good answer right here. I'm more of a portable person even if I play at the comfort of my home or take it places. I love the type of games on handheld gaming systems and the portability so I tend to use them more than consoles therefore I'd get the 3DS.

Agree with the next-gen game line ups, Crysis 2 and Duke Nukem Forever look amazing. If I didn't have a computer I'd get a 360 or PS3 for DNF alone.

[quote name='phantasyx']Buy some really good weed for 350 bucks then buy a pizza, subs and movies and your set for the night![/QUOTE]

I only have Gamestop credit though.

Do you have to use it now? Why not just wait til you're sure about what you want, instead of feeling like you need to spend the $400 on those two choices? It's not like Gamestop will go bankrupt soon.

[quote name='elessar123']Do you have to use it now? Why not just wait til you're sure about what you want, instead of feeling like you need to spend the $400 on those two choices? It's not like Gamestop will go bankrupt soon.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to decide since last year. I was trying to at least decide by March 27th. :lol:

[quote name='juanawoman']They both look so awesome though. To add more details-
I currently have an original DS.
I have a Wii and 360 in terms of consoles already, so I have played a lot of the multiplatform games out there.

I could always get the other later, but they both look cool.[/QUOTE]

I would recommend getting PS3, 3DS doesn't have a good battery life and we know that they will have another model ready in 18 months, so pick up PS3. Also Sony has the highest number of exclusives coming out this year.

But the best reason to buy a PS3 is so that you can hack it and fuck up the MW2 online games. :lol: Just kidding!!

[quote name='juanawoman']I've been trying to decide since last year. I was trying to at least decide by March 27th. :lol:[/QUOTE]

$50 gift card promo ends on the 29th.....

simple... ps3 as it will last a lot longer then the 3ds fad.... i can see the 3ds falling to 179 within a year or faster ..

i say Thanksgiving sales this year

DS lite 49
Dsi 89
Dsi xl 129
3DS 179 to 199

they be under 200 within 6 months Yea they will sell a lot of them day one,but once the hype dies off it will fall very quickly...

[quote name='kart007k']I would recommend getting PS3, 3DS doesn't have a good battery life and we know that they will have another model ready in 18 months, so pick up PS3. Also Sony has the highest number of exclusives coming out this year.

But the best reason to buy a PS3 is so that you can hack it and fuck up the MW2 online games. :lol: Just kidding!![/QUOTE]
Truth is, I was getting a PS3 just to hack.

Joking. :bouncy:

[quote name='slidecage']simple... ps3 as it will last a lot longer then the 3ds fad.... i can see the 3ds falling to 179 within a year or faster ..

i say Thanksgiving sales this year

DS lite 49
Dsi 89
Dsi xl 129
3DS 179 to 199

they be under 200 within 6 months Yea they will sell a lot of them day one,but once the hype dies off it will fall very quickly...[/QUOTE]

Highly unlikely. Wishful thinking, but not going to happen.

I don't plan on picking one up for the next 2-3 years when the more realistic price drop occurs.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Do you want to play at your house? PS3
On the road? 3DS

There. That was simple, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]
Do you want to play in your house or do you want to play in your house?
The software should determine your decision.

bread's done
Back