3DS trade-in up to $100 at Amazon

FlashStash

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
If you missed the Gamestop deal...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/r...nid=11846801&field-keywords=3ds&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Amazon is offering $100 for a like-new 3DS...now 'like-new' means...

The video game console is in perfect working condition
The console has been opened but original manufacturer packaging and all original elements are intact
There is no visible wear or personalization

If you don't meet that, they're offering $85 for 'good'. I always keep the original packaging, so this works out for me. For some reason this is only for the black version. Blue or red have lower values.

Thanks for this. Apparently their TiV for the black 3DS is higher than the one for the Aqua. The $100 only applies to the black model.

[quote name='topplehat']Thanks for this. Apparently their TiV for the black 3DS is higher than the one for the Aqua. The $100 only applies to the black model.[/QUOTE]
WHAT? Dang.... I have the Aqua! :( I guess I have the Aqua for a little while longer.

[quote name='Woocls']WHAT? Dang.... I have the Aqua! :( I guess I have the Aqua for a little while longer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fire red is even lower than that.

Another reason why I wish Amazon would sell the 3DS XL. With the seven day shipping window for trade-ins I could order an XL, lock in my trade for the 3DS, receive the XL and transfer the data over, and then send in my old one.

[quote name='Woocls']WHAT? Dang.... I have the Aqua! :( I guess I have the Aqua for a little while longer.[/QUOTE]

Keep checking, the aqua goes to 100$ off and on. I got 100$ for mine a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Another reason why I wish Amazon would sell the 3DS XL. With the seven day shipping window for trade-ins I could order an XL, lock in my trade for the 3DS, receive the XL and transfer the data over, and then send in my old one.[/QUOTE]
Great point... wth are they going to do with all these 3DSs they're buying if not selling them????

If you have games on your 3DS and/or profile to transfer, remember that you'd need to buy the XL first and transfer over, *then* trade in.

It was worth paying tax at Gamestop since they let me buy it, and return / rebuy to get the $100 trade-in credit, since I had all the ambassador games.

[quote name='Woocls']Great point... wth are they going to do with all these 3DSs they're buying if not selling them????[/QUOTE]

Amazon doesn't buy the trade-ins. The trade-ins go to another company.

[quote name='apterous']If you have games on your 3DS and/or profile to transfer, remember that you'd need to buy the XL first and transfer over, *then* trade in.

It was worth paying tax at Gamestop since they let me buy it, and return / rebuy to get the $100 trade-in credit, since I had all the ambassador games.[/QUOTE]

That seems like a HUGE hassle for no reason.

[quote name='StryderOmega']That seems like a HUGE hassle for no reason.[/QUOTE]

the 20 games you'd be throwing away otherwise seems worth the hassle to me...even though realistically Nintendo should tie this to an online account system so you don't have to go through that hassle..but that's another issue entirely.

Yea, I traded mine in after buying the XL. I tried selling it for $100 elsewhere, but it wouldn't sell. Figured this is better since I end up with more when you take in account I would've had to pay paypal fees and shipping if I sold it.

But yea, I marked it "good" for $85, and it even had the screen scratches, but they gave me the full $100 anyways. I had the box and all the accessories, so that was nice of them.

Thanks. I just listed my Cosmo Black 3DS on eBay (after getting the 3DS XL), and I was getting very nervous at the incredibly low bids I was seeing on other auctions.

bread's done
Back