3DS XL System $169.99 on Newegg

InsaneJester17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Free Shipping. Enter these codes at checkout:

Blue/Black System: EMCXVWL227

Red/Black System: EMCXVWL226

They also have the Mario Kart 7 bundle in stock, but it doesn't appear to be discounted.

Cheers!

I'm tempted at such a low price, but I want a pink or some other color scheme that isn't an ugly two-tone. I can't stand how bad blue and red look with the black. What's wrong single-tone systems, NoA?

[quote name='link480']I'm tempted at such a low price, but I want a pink or some other color scheme that isn't an ugly two-tone. I can't stand how bad blue and red look with the black. What's wrong single-tone systems, NoA?[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised how often I see comments like this about the 3DS XL. I like the Blue/Black and Red/Black colors, but am surprised there aren't more options.

[quote name='jedolley']I'm really surprised how often I see comments like this about the 3DS XL. I like the Blue/Black and Red/Black colors, but am surprised there aren't more options.[/QUOTE]

There are.
2336261289_2fc5c0e13c.jpg

[quote name='MaximusDM']There are.
2336261289_2fc5c0e13c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice, but i'm not that brave. I'd rather settle for one of the thousands of skins that are out there.

[quote name='link480']I'm tempted at such a low price, but I want a pink or some other color scheme that isn't an ugly two-tone. I can't stand how bad blue and red look with the black. What's wrong single-tone systems, NoA?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the pink/white one is the least ugly to me. If they had that one, I might have bitten.

[quote name='emperordahc']Not newegg.

Quote from Target:

"If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price."

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise[/QUOTE]

Best Buy will.

[quote name='Pixie Stix 88']Best Buy will.[/QUOTE]

Best buy won't PM Newegg's deal because you need the coupon to get the discount. At least the two in my area would not do it, so YMMV. Lucky you if you can convince them.

[quote name='Echotech83']Best buy won't PM Newegg's deal because you need the coupon to get the discount. At least the two in my area would not do it, so YMMV. Lucky you if you can convince them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah YMMV, but I would think someone would have better luck if they show them the promo page rather than the product page. I'm going to give it a try even though I already have a XL.

Off topic question... Can I simply move my SD card to a new XL to retain downloaded games/content?

Damn! I bought one yesterday. I got it for $191 after tax from the Meijer 10% off for President's Day sale though. So I guess a $21 savings isn't that much. Still disappointing though. Should've waited.

I'd love to just buy one from newegg and return it to Meijer but Meijer has the S/N on the receipt. I doubt they'd take a different one back.

[quote name='jondy1703']Damn! I bought one yesterday. I got it for $191 after tax from the Meijer 10% off for President's Day sale though. So I guess a $21 savings isn't that much. Still disappointing though. Should've waited.

I'd love to just buy one from newegg and return it to Meijer but Meijer has the S/N on the receipt. I doubt they'd take a different one back.[/QUOTE]

Return the one you got from Meijer to Meijer?

[quote name='biggie2123']Return the one you got from Meijer to Meijer?[/QUOTE]

I opened it already. I think they'll only exchange for (defective) opened electronics.

[quote name='jondy1703']I opened it already. I think they'll only exchange for (defective) opened electronics.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't find anything in their return policy that said you could not return opened electronics. If it were a video game, then you could only exchange it, but that should not apply to consoles.

[quote name='jedolley']Off topic question... Can I simply move my SD card to a new XL to retain downloaded games/content?[/QUOTE]

No, you must do a system transfer. There are some caveats about what you can and can't do, but basically it moves the permissions (DRM #-o) to the new console, THEN you can move your sd card.

[quote name='yokofox33']I just can't ever seem to pull the trigger on a 3DS XL deal. I'm always hoping for a limited edition to be announced or a better sale. 170 is so damn tempting though...[/QUOTE]

You seem to be waiting for the same edition I am. I am holding out till there is a pkmn x y edition.

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']So I ordered this. The Wal Mart by me has the Mario Kart bundle, I could return this without a receipt and pick that up right? Or is my logic flawed?[/QUOTE]

Other than being return fraud

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']I'll take that as a yes it works.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it won't work. I could be wrong, but don't they have a limit on how much an item costs without a receipt? Like Target is $70.

I got one from Best Buy a couple weeks ago when they had it for $170. Of course I had to pay tax there, so this would be the better deal.

I love my 3DS XL. The bigger screens really are a big improvement in my opinion.

[quote name='snoopydoggy2002']I'll take that as a yes it works.[/QUOTE]

I'll imagine this is probably YMMV. Our Walmarts around here in Central Alabama are really cracking down on returns without receipts. Especially items that cost more than $50. I know several instances where people I know tried to exchange items w/o receipts and were denied by management.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']I'll imagine this is probably YMMV. Our Walmarts around here in Central Alabama are really cracking down on returns without receipts. Especially items that cost more than $50. I know several instances where people I know tried to exchange items w/o receipts and were denied by management.[/QUOTE]

I was going to call ahead of time to see if I could do a straight exchange, since they are the same price.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']I'll imagine this is probably YMMV. Our Walmarts around here in Central Alabama are really cracking down on returns without receipts. Especially items that cost more than $50. I know several instances where people I know tried to exchange items w/o receipts and were denied by management.[/QUOTE]

Because these have serial numbers here is what they will tell you. It can be returned without a receipt, but they will need to know the exact day you bought it. So they can look it up in the system.

Unless you find a really laid back wal-mart doing a switcheroo won't work

Red is out of stock.. you think they'll restock while the promotion is still running? Was just going to deposit some money in the bank to buy this.. >_

Figures. I go to order it and it is OOS. I just picked up Fire Emblem Awakening too on my way home lol

Anyone know of any other deals for an XL besides the Mario Kart bundle one.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Figures. I go to order it and it is OOS. I just picked up Fire Emblem Awakening too on my way home lol

Anyone know of any other deals for an XL besides the Mario Kart bundle one.[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind used you could get one at cowboom.com for $120 or $130. Just make sure it isn't missing parts. I picked up a grade 5 3DS on there for $130. It was in perfect condition and even came with Mario Kart 7.

[quote name='yokofox33']I just can't ever seem to pull the trigger on a 3DS XL deal. I'm always hoping for a limited edition to be announced or a better sale. 170 is so damn tempting though...[/QUOTE]
I'm holding out for an LE as well. haha Missed out on the Zelda one..

Nice deal though.

[quote name='esq373']If you don't mind used you could get one at cowboom.com for $120 or $130. Just make sure it isn't missing parts. I picked up a grade 5 3DS on there for $130. It was in perfect condition and even came with Mario Kart 7.[/QUOTE]

The problem with used is that if it's already been registered odds are you won't be able to get a new register and have one in your name. I was considering getting a used until I found this out, it feels better getting a new one anyway. Especially since that free game deal is coming out and you plan on getting Pokemon: GOF or Luigi's Mansion. You must have a registration for that. Just going to have to wait for the next deal I guess.. I also bought Fire Emblem and don't even own the 3DS yet, heh.

[quote name='Kaoz']Because these have serial numbers here is what they will tell you. It can be returned without a receipt, but they will need to know the exact day you bought it. So they can look it up in the system.

Unless you find a really laid back wal-mart doing a switcheroo won't work[/QUOTE]
This is true.

My wife (a former Walmart manager) has told me stories of console return attempts. The system mandates the serial to be able to finish the return. The systems purchased there also record the date sold with the serial number on the purchase.

[quote name='synnarc']This is true.

My wife (a former Walmart manager) has told me stories of console return attempts. The system mandates the serial to be able to finish the return. The systems purchased there also record the date sold with the serial number on the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know why video game systems are like this? I don't know of anything else that requires the serial number to be recorded at time of purchase. Maybe some computers?

Can I return something that was bought 2 months ago (around Black Friday)? I would just like to get my money back (or some at least) bc I never opened it lol

Its Gran Turismo 5 XL if u were wondering, thought i might play it but never got around to it

[quote name='IamPro']Can I return something that was bought 2 months ago (around Black Friday)? I would just like to get my money back (or some at least) bc I never opened it lol

Its Gran Turismo 5 XL if u were wondering, thought i might play it but never got around to it[/QUOTE]

If it were Target (90 day return policy) then probably, but most places only have a 30 day.

Both appear to be sold out. :( I really wanted to pick it up to try the Monster Hunter demo (came out today.) Does anyone know if Newegg restocks sold out items, never used them before, could someone PM me if they do?

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Both appear to be sold out. :( I really wanted to pick it up to try the Monster Hunter demo (came out today.) Does anyone know if Newegg restocks sold out items, never used them before, could someone PM me if they do?[/QUOTE]

hmm where do I get the demo? eShop?

I was on the fence with this, until the initial deal went out of stock, so I ended up going with the Mario Kart 3DS XL $199 bundle since I'd play Mario Kart anyways the value proposition seemed to be pretty equivalent unless I'm missing something. $169 with no game or $199 with a $30+ game I'd buy anyways seemed a fair wash to me. Now just have to pick up Fire Emblem over the weekend since it seems Amazon can't keep it in stock.

[quote name='Mighty Tor']I was on the fence with this, until the initial deal went out of stock, so I ended up going with the Mario Kart 3DS XL $199 bundle since I'd play Mario Kart anyways the value proposition seemed to be pretty equivalent unless I'm missing something. $169 with no game or $199 with a $30+ game I'd buy anyways seemed a fair wash to me. Now just have to pick up Fire Emblem over the weekend since it seems Amazon can't keep it in stock.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. It would have been nice to get in on a MK7 bundle deal, but I was LTTP.

I'm with the many others still on the fence. If the XL were available in black or white I would've bought one last holiday season. I wouldn't have minded either if it included a digital only MK 7 since Mario Kart is one of those games I want to be able to access instantaneously if I want to kill time.

It'll happen eventually but for now I can afford to wait.

[quote name='spaceruler15']If any one cares I got my local bestbuy to pricematch this deal, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

How did you do it?

any word on any new colors coming? I almost bought one back when these were like $140 around Xmas but im not loving any of the colors right now. Reds ok, but my DSiXL is red, kinda didn't want the same color

[quote name='spaceruler15']If any one cares I got my local bestbuy to pricematch this deal, YMMV.[/QUOTE]

This is legitimate!!

Any bestbuy should honor this, due to their "Low price guarantee" which is an experimental/temporary extension of their price matching policy to include online only retailers, including NewEgg.com!

www(DOT)bestbuy(DOT)com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

[quote name='brittlewis12']This is legitimate!!

Any bestbuy should honor this, due to their "Low price guarantee" which is an experimental/temporary extension of their price matching policy to include online only retailers, including NewEgg.com!

www(DOT)bestbuy(DOT)com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011[/QUOTE]

Well, this is true in theory, but the problem is that Newegg's sale price used a discount code. If the Best Buy member goes to the Newegg product page it will show the $199 price instead of the $169 price. That's why I recommended showing the promo page to the BB employee, but it's still YMMV.

[quote name='jedolley']Well, this is true in theory, but the problem is that Newegg's sale price used a discount code. If the Best Buy member goes to the Newegg product page it will show the $199 price instead of the $169 price. That's why I recommended showing the promo page to the BB employee, but it's still YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I tried that with no luck, even after showing the promo page. BB guy said they don't pm deals that use coupons or codes.

Sorry to resurrect this old post, but my experience with this deal through Newegg has been a nightmare. I live ~4 Hours away from where they ship out of, and it's been a week without delivery. I ask about it, and had to actually argue with the support representative to get a claim filed.

I get the claim email, and for "lost packages" it takes 7-10 days to be "approved" and only upon approval will they ship another item.

I used to do tons of business through Newegg, when I was in PC repair. I don't want to ever do business with them again after this.

Yes, I chose the free egg-saver shipping, but it's been a complete joke.

[quote name='Tonezorz']Sorry to resurrect this old post, but my experience with this deal through Newegg has been a nightmare. I live ~4 Hours away from where they ship out of, and it's been a week without delivery. I ask about it, and had to actually argue with the support representative to get a claim filed.

I get the claim email, and for "lost packages" it takes 7-10 days to be "approved" and only upon approval will they ship another item.

I used to do tons of business through Newegg, when I was in PC repair. I don't want to ever do business with them again after this.

Yes, I chose the free egg-saver shipping, but it's been a complete joke.[/QUOTE]

Should have got Shoprunner Shipping, paid $1 for a year and others have gotten it for free

bread's done
Back