3on3 NHL Arcade

AllahBomber

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Perhaps I am just blind, but where is the advertised "Play a Friend" online mode? It doesn't seem to be in the menus anywhere. Do you have to do something to unlock it?

im glad to hear its not just me...

I also think a lot of people were mislead into thinking that you could 3v3 on six different consoles. thats what i thought at first until reading deeper. they need to at least fix the 1v1 though definitely.

[quote name='smiggity']Great game. Love the fact that you can go with 3 local online.[/quote]

Have you figured out how to play a friend online?

No, as of now I do not think its possible. Workaround would be to set a custom game with an odd goal # and tell your friend to search for that specific # of goals needed to win

i hope they patch it is soon. because they advertised "Play a Friend" via online. it said so in the PS Blog. so if they dont, ill be quite pissed.

agreed.

The video playing in the PS Home Central Plaza says something like "challenge your friends on the online leaderboards..." I went there but couldnt click anything :\ ....the search continues.

[quote name='cartman58']This game is crazy fun. If anyone wants a game add me on PSN. I've been playing all weekend.[/quote]

Me too. I cant stop. Hopefully I randomly run into you in matchmaking.

BTW, Does anyone know if Voicechat is in the game?

[quote name='smiggity']BTW, Does anyone know if Voicechat is in the game?[/quote]

It does. Unfortunately I just crapped out my mic. This one guy was using an extremely cheap tactic over and over and over again and I tossed the headset. It still works, but the thing that goes over your head to hold it on is broke. Sucks too since I play Endwar.

The game is pretty fun...worth the $2.37 I paid ;)

I'm a bit upset by the lack of roster depth....FOUR goalies to chose from?!?! No Lidstrom for a defenseman??!?? wait....was that just the RED team? I only played once.

Ive been playing it all day..... havent tried online yet.. trying to get some moves down lol. thanks again Josh for the group buy!

definitely. i had to force myself to learn the skill stick controls because i keep seeing the computer doing moves not possible otherwise. so, not to be outdone by the AI, i had to learn them :p

[quote name='smiggity']Im also pissed there is no Lidstrom.[/quote]

WHAT? You can't pick from teams in the full version?

[quote name='Jest']WHAT? You can't pick from teams in the full version?[/QUOTE]

You can pick some players I think, but not teams. :(

This game is pretty jank with the no teams and shitty match making. They coulda atleast put in 2 forwards, a D and a goalie from each team. The demo was fun but not for more than 10 mins. This should be in NHL 09! Didn't 08 or 2k7 have a pond-hockey mode?

I think it was one of the 2k games that had the pond-hockey mode. This game reminds me of the old EA game called NHL Rock the Rink. It plays exactly the same just with added stick stills. I'm a little upset the controls aren't exactly like NHL 09 but I'm enjoying it like crazy.

Yeah dude why you hating? This game is sweet and there are more than enough players. We surely don't need every starting goalie and plenty of teams don't even have 2 forwards good enough to be in the game

Well the game is plagued by its limitations imposed by Xbox Marketplace. I read an article in ESPN the Magazine about how they wanted to build an arcade styled hockey game (like Rock the Rink as mentioned before and Midway's Hitz) but do it within the size requirements of Microsoft.

It's a fun game, but I too wish there were a larger pool of players to chose from as well as being able to pick opponents. I'd like to see them use this model for larger scale game like a Hitz where you can select NHL teams and play a season mode.

I want to murder whoever did the menu sound effects in this. There seriously couldn't have been that many people on the dev team who all agreed they were a great idea.

[quote name='metaly']I want to murder whoever did the menu sound effects in this. There seriously couldn't have been that many people on the dev team who all agreed they were a great idea.[/QUOTE]

The menu sound effects are funny. Why do you dislike them so?

The menu effects are annoying.

What bothers me the most and is holding me off from purchasing the game is the fact that there's no NHL teams, just red vs blue all star jerseys. That's incredibly lame.

That could possibly be the worst excuse for not buying this game. Really b/c you cant have official jerseys? The players are still there.

Anyways played a ton of this on 360 over the weekend, and sure as shit, right above quickranked versus play is "Play A Friend" option. We had better get that patched in.

son of a......they better as hell patch it in. that annoys me that they said nothing about the ps3 version being different :mad: hopefully, they just suck and messed up.

bread's done
Back