3rd party GC controller no go on Wii

FSUddin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey,
Has anyone had trouble using their 3rd party GC controllers to play games on the Wii? I tried playing RE4 with a third party controller and it wouldn't work. Before you ask, I don't remember the brand of the controller since I traded it in.

FSUddin

I played some Battalion Wars with a Wavebird, but there is no way I'll buy a $15 cheap looking GS one when I can buy the barely used Wavebird right next to it for the same price with new batteries in it too.

I can't imagine the Wii being the cause of the issue, as when you are in GC mode, it isn't running any sort of proprietary OS.

It's possible that the controller doesn't work with the Wii, however. You'd really need to test it on a Gamecube.

i got a MadCatz controller here. bought it like USED. and it works.

must be your controller that's busted.

I don't have a Wii, but I know my third-party controllers (Mad Catz & Hip Gear) don't work with the Gameboy Player or Action Replay. So some may not work with the Wii either.

[quote name='OzCatter']I played some Battalion Wars with a Wavebird, but there is no way I'll buy a $15 cheap looking GS one when I can buy the barely used Wavebird right next to it for the same price with new batteries in it too.[/QUOTE]

I should hope most of us here aren't paying $15 for Third-Party controllers. All of mine were around $5 each and I actually prefer my Hip Gear ones to the regular wired Nintendo ones.

[quote name='OzCatter']I played some Battalion Wars with a Wavebird, but there is no way I'll buy a $15 cheap looking GS one when I can buy the barely used Wavebird right next to it for the same price with new batteries in it too.[/QUOTE]

Where can you get Wavebirds for $15? I'd get at least 2 at that price.

[quote name='rickonker']Where can you get Wavebirds for $15? I'd get at least 2 at that price.[/QUOTE]
EBGames or Gamestop used. Call around, some in your area are bound to have a couple.

it's funny that even gamecube controllers, including 3rd party, are completely gone in one Fry's Electronics that i visited tonigh. outstanding.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I don't have a Wii, but I know my third-party controllers (Mad Catz & Hip Gear) don't work with the Gameboy Player or Action Replay. So some may not work with the Wii either.[/QUOTE]
Even wavebirds don't work with Action Replay.

[quote name='BIG5']Even wavebirds don't work with Action Replay.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm. Strange enough, a ps2 controller (with the adapter) kinda works (most of the time).

[quote name='cleaver']EBGames or Gamestop used. Call around, some in your area are bound to have a couple.[/quote]

Exactly where I got mine, with an card it's around $17 with tax

The 3rd party wireless controllers are actually better, because they usually support rumble. My Intec one causes my Wii to freeze or reboot :(

bread's done
Back