3rd Party Wii Nunchuck $4.34 shipped? after GCOSU Bonus

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I posted this at slickdeals, but didn't get much of a response, so I thought I'd post it here:

CDUniverse has a preorder on a 3rd party Nunchuck for the Wii for $10.35, plus 3.99 shipping. After GCO bonus it comes to 4.34 shipped. It's normally 14.99.

The link is here:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7331990&style=games&BAB=E

It says it ships on Jan 26th, which is 6 days.

The reason for the ? in the title is because somebody mentioned on the page that it says"Wii Nunchuk Controller Accessory" and might just be some case for it. I would like some help confirming it is a controller. There's no picture.

I wouldn't know either, but I doubt I'd trust a 3rd party nunchuk. I guess somebody will have to be the guinea pig.

EDIT: Well, I think it's a nunchuk made by Intec. Here's a different link, from a different site.

I think I'd stick with 1st party controllers.

EDIT 2: And here's a review I saw. Of course, it hasn't been released yet, so take this with a grain of salt:

"Yes '(Intec)' does mean something when you purchase this nunchuck. It means it's not made by Nintendo.

This nunchuk looks slightly wider than Nintendo's and has a black analog stick with black grips on the sides. Just do a search for "intec wii nunchuck" and you should find a page with a picture of Intec's nunchuck.

There's nothing wrong with the way it works, but if you are one of those types that doesn't like the different look that comes with third-party products, then stay away."

Yeah, I think everyone would prefer the Nintendo brand, but it's not a bad deal for your 3rd/4th controllers. If my friends come over and want to play, they can use the cheap stuff, it's better than not having any other ones.

Will there be 3rd party Wiimotes??? Not that I would want to use them for my system just curious if the big "N" will license them. The only 3rd party controller I ever really liked was the Logitech cordless pad for my PS2 (got it cheap off overstock.com a couple years ago).

3rd-party controllers are 99% disappointing (that 1% of utility comes from Logitech's Cordless Action). Better to not be cheapo and get the official one.

Sensitivity will probably be wayyy high, like all other controllers that arent 1st party

Only Logitech makes the best third party controllers

[quote name='DFC222']Only Logitech makes the best third party controllers[/QUOTE]
Don't forget Hori.

i think its probably best to stick to nintendo even though of all those people with broken straps and broken plasmas

Good deal, yeah there will be 3rd party Wii motes, I think Mad Catz has one in the future.

For $15 retail though I'd much rather pay the extra $5 to know I'm getting quality Nintendo product.

bread's done
Back