3rd party XBox controllers

SqueeMK2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Just wondered people's thoughts on them. Which are good, which aren't, any rules of thumb for picking them up, if anyone knows of good places to get controllers fairly inexpensively, and so on.

I'm still pretty new to the whole console thing, so I don't know what 3rd party brands are good and which fall apart after a week.

I have an older Interact controller which, believe it or not, is bigger than the original Xbox controller. It has very poor analog buttons. You have to jam on the buttons hard to make it work.

I also had a Nyko Air-Flo controller at one point, but it eventually stopped working.

In short, I learned to always buy first party.

I would agree with you, since I like the normal XBox controllers, but... Well... $30. $30 is just a hard pill for me to swallow for a controller.

check out eBay for Microsoft S controllers. Just make sure of what you're buying. I've seen several auctions for one or sometimes even two controllers for under $20 (and they even supposedly work). Like anything on eBay, be careful though.

I have a Hip Gear controller i picked up for under $15. It's.... ok. for a cheap controller. I'd still rather have an official Microsoft S Controller, but whatever.

In the end you'll probably just want to cough up the dough for a third party controller. The only truly good Xbox third party controller is the cordless Logitech one..... yet that is even more expensive than the controller-s. I hear Mad Catz are alright, although my friend says his PS2 Mad Catz controllers just stopped working one day...

Yeah, MadCatz isn't bad, but honestly, first party is the only way to go.

You can get a controller S off Amazon for $24. Saves a little bit of money.

i use the logitech precision controller which u can get at compusa for 14.99. the controller fits way better for me than s controller since the black and white buttons actually roll over my thumb

DO NOT BUY THE NYKO AIR-FLOW CONTROLLER, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Seriously though, don't buy one of those. Mine broke in about a month and I've only heard others' accounts of the same thing happening.

I'm kind of new to xbox myself, but my experience with third party controllers for other systems is that they are not as good. I recently got a Pelican Accessories xbox controller for 15 bucks. It works good, and has an extra set of black and white buttons on the shoulder for easier reach. However, the dead-zone on the analog sticks is wider than the original xbox controller. In my opinion it is more comfortable than the MS controller. I use it for my games where analog precision isn't too important, like DOA, but switch to my MS one for driving games, etc.

What you might want to look into (and what I'm planning on getting) are convertors that let you use other system controllers on the xbox, like a ps2 controller. Of course, this is only the cheaper option if you already have playstation controllers around.

Well, maybe I'll pick up one of those wired Logitech controllers then. Sounds like they're pretty good, and $15 seems way better to me than $30.

[quote name='ClaudeBalls']I recently got a Pelican Accessories xbox controller for 15 bucks. It works good, and has an extra set of black and white buttons on the shoulder for easier reach. However, the dead-zone on the analog sticks is wider than the original xbox controller. In my opinion it is more comfortable than the MS controller. [/quote]

Here Here. Pelican's are much more comfortable with the rubber grips. If they brake return them to walmart. Gamestop also brands these with their logo fecies and have a replacement warranty built into your purchase.

I like the Pelican wireless controller. It's wireless, less than $20, has black and white buttons in original positions as well as just above the shoulder buttons, and it has rubber grips. It's also cool looking (clear), requires only 2 AA batteries (about 60 hours play time per new set of AAs), and is RF which means these things will work through walls or anything else up to 30 ft. away.

bread's done
Back