$4.98 video games at Borders (PS3, possibly more)

pyoobez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just a heads up for anyone interested.

I stopped in Borders today and they had a few $19.99 PS3 games marked down 75% clearance, so $4.98.

The store near here had three copies of Sonic Unleashed as well as a copy of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Probably should've picked up LSW as it's trading in at $9.50 on amazon (Sonic is $7.25).

Anyway, just a heads up.

[quote name='ddog510']Sounds YMMV[/QUOTE]

That's why I tagged it with the YMMV image. :)

I'm sort of imagining they bought some older family friendly games on the cheap to pick up some stocking Stuffers and then discounted them after the holidays.

[quote name='yukonrye']Interesting. I had no idea Border's even carried games.[/QUOTE]

same here. I've seen like board games and stuff, but never actual console games (although I must admit I've never actively gone looking for them either)

I noticed this the day after Christmas - my local Waldenbooks (no Borders less than an hour away) had:

Lego Batman DS
Lego Star Wars PS3
Sonic Unleashed PS3
Cars Wii/360
Raving Rabbids Wii/360

And that was it. My son picked up the only LB, I grabbed one of the LSW (should have got both), and promptly sent it off to Amazon for the $9.50. When I checked last night, only the Wii/360 titles were left. Good deal - if you can find it.

my local Borders stopped carrying video games a few years ago as well (as with all other Borders stores), but a number of stores got cardboard displays with a handful of common $20 titles stocked in them. so, even though your Borders doesn't carry games it may be worth checking into if you're interested in the titles other people have mentioned (I'm sure you won't find much else).

[quote name='rapsodist']This is very YMMV. All the Borders around me stopped carrying video games years ago.[/QUOTE]

As someone else mentioned, Borders likely bought up a surplus of family games from someone, hoping to cash in on them as stocking stuffers. Not that I am saying it's guaranteed that every store will have these games or any games, but I would still check out your local store(s).

My Borders has had games before(I remember there being a section a couple years back) and I also remember there being a whole rock band area last summer.

I was in my local Borders a few days ago and all I saw was Wii shovelware. However, I only walked around the first floor - I have no idea what was on the second floor.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']mine had sonic unleashed and rockband beatles for both ps3 and 360[/QUOTE]
Beatles RB was $5? I remember seeing a ton at my local Borders back with all their Beatles anniversary stuff and would definitely grab a couple if its part of the clearance.

Stopped by Waldenbooks after calling a bunch of stores in the area and I ended up picking up Sonic Unleashed for 5 bucks.. Had a bunch of DS games, Cars for 360 and one copy of Sonic. Thanks for the heads up OP. This is trophy huntin at it's best.

The only game I ever found at my borders was Beatles rock Band they sold out of them when they went to 15 ish. I was going to stop buy but just called mine and asked if they had an video games and they informed me no. :( They are probably right I was in there the day before xmas and didn't see any.

Thanks for the info pyoobez,

None of the games were marked with a 75% sticker but were in the clearance box.
I noticed a few DS games (lego stuff) but picked up Rayman Raving Rabbids for Wii ($3.48) and Lego SW Complete Saga for PS3 ($4.98).

bread's done
Back