4 Free game Redbox game rentals (Expires 12/31)

MechaZain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Text 727272 with the following messages:
TRYGAMES
TRYITOUT
RENT
JUSTDANCE

And you'll get a kiosk code with each. Will probably need a new kiosk for each. Remember to return to the games by 9PM the following day to not get charged, best to do so after midnight.

via NeoGAF

Do you have to have at least a $1 on your debit card to rent with these free codes? Just wondering before I drive over to my redbox to find out.

[quote name='venomscarnage']Do you have to have at least a $1 on your debit card to rent with these free codes? Just wondering before I drive over to my redbox to find out.[/QUOTE]

I would assume so, they may put a hold on the account for the amount of the game/movie to verify you have the funds. Or they may do a portion. I would assume they at least put a night on "ghost hold" as I call it. But I'm more concerned you are worried about $1 being on hold?

[quote name='Pluto412']you can also text screen to 727272 to get another one[/QUOTE]

Verified this one works too, should be added to OP.

[quote name='Pluto412']its $2 + tax at 9pm each day you don't bring it back[/QUOTE]

So then it is best to grab a game after 9pm (like right after) and then return it the next day at 9pm to get almost 24 hrs?

[quote name='Flyingcow29']So then it is best to grab a game after 9pm (like right after) and then return it the next day at 9pm to get almost 24 hrs?[/QUOTE]
No, you get it at 12:01 AM, because it's due at 9 PM the next day, thus giving you two days to play it.

And thanks OP! I was hoping for more of these codes! I get the free code once a month, but that is never convenient, so this works much better ;)

[quote name='mrcheapo11']No, you get it at 12:01 AM, because it's due at 9 PM the next day, thus giving you two days to play it.

And thanks OP! I was hoping for more of these codes! I get the free code once a month, but that is never convenient, so this works much better ;)[/QUOTE]

so I can get a game at say 6 am and it isn't sue back til 9 pm the next day? Sweet

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']so I can get a game at say 6 am and it isn't sue back til 9 pm the next day? Sweet[/QUOTE]

That is correct. Any Redbox rental is due back at 9PM the calender day after it was rented.

Went to the 2 red boxes nearest me and they had a very poor selection. One only carried 4 games. Only Madagascar 3 for 360. Other had Skyrim, Assassins Creed Revulations, and Didney Universe for 360. I already own Skyrim and Revulations and beat Disney...do figured I'd get Masagascar 3 gor easy achievements......the game is verrrrryyyyy boring and a grind.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Thanks. I think I'll rent Dishonored just to stick it to Bethesda for PS3 Skyrim.[/QUOTE]

It's worth a buy IMO, if you liked Bioshock that is... big game.

so wait...

I text those phrases to that number for a different code to then put in the machine and they work for games or only a $1 of the game and a full movie? because I thought that was the movie text number

[quote name='Tony Stark']so wait...

I text those phrases to that number for a different code to then put in the machine and they work for games or only a $1 of the game and a full movie? because I thought that was the movie text number[/QUOTE]

Yes. Text the phrase to 727272 and it will give you a promo code for each one. If it's your first time texting that number, I believe it prompts you to sign up for their texts as well.

[quote name='r3dreck']It's worth a buy IMO, if you liked Bioshock that is... big game.[/QUOTE]

So your saying if I am a PS3 owner and Skyrim screwed me over that I myself should go out an support Bethesda because Dishonored happens to work on PS3? No thanks..

Anyone know if you can get another four sets of codes using a different cell phone number and still use the same credit card that has already used the four codes, or do you have to use a different credit card?

[quote name='MaicoWin']Anyone know if you can get another four sets of codes using a different cell phone number and still use the same credit card that has already used the four codes, or do you have to use a different credit card?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. I used my phone and my wife's and all codes worked on one card

Thanks for the codes! Though they didn't deliver when I sent them through Google Voice :(

And while I'm here, It's not a texting code but in case any of you haven't used the BREAKROOM code (the code you enter on the Redbox machine itself), that still works for a dollar off a game rental/a free DVD rental once per card.

it's worked for like 3 years now, how the hell

im confused... why are all of you using redbox when you can just buy used at gamestop and return for a full refund within a week? is it just because it's easier or what? im genuinely curious, my redbox never has anything anyway.

[quote name='taylort3']im confused... why are all of you using redbox when you can just buy used at gamestop and return for a full refund within a week? is it just because it's easier or what? im genuinely curious, my redbox never has anything anyway.[/QUOTE]

Like 2% of the time redbox has a newish game that GS doesn't have used yet. But for the most part I just do the GS "rental". Plus if you have a powerup card you get all those points too and those add up eventually.

[quote name='taylort3']im confused... why are all of you using redbox when you can just buy used at gamestop and return for a full refund within a week? is it just because it's easier or what? im genuinely curious, my redbox never has anything anyway.[/QUOTE]

I know for myself, redbox is easier since I tend to work nights. Hard to go after work if the store is closed.

[quote name='jesterofgunther']Yes you can. I used my phone and my wife's and all codes worked on one card[/QUOTE]

so wait, if you have like a family of 4, you can use 4x cell phone numbers to get 24x free game rentals?

are there any codes for movies? (I assume that these codes can be used for both)

id rather use game codes for games and movie codes for movies

Because GameStop is not a rental service, and if you abuse their policies enough, they will ban you, duh.

[quote name='Tony Stark']so wait, if you have like a family of 4, you can use 4x cell phone numbers to get 24x free game rentals?[/QUOTE]

Going to go try it out tomorrow using a code from a different cell phone.

I tried to use one of the codes for a movie, it gave me a pop up notification saying the code was ONLY for games and to pick one

which sucks because of all the games that are on the redbox.com page only like 3 of them are available in my area (which is a big city)

Sorry for the slight bump but I'm new to this. How do you rent for multiple days with the code? Do you go back everyday and return it then select the game all over and enter a different code in?

[quote name='CyReN']Sorry for the slight bump but I'm new to this. How do you rent for multiple days with the code? Do you go back everyday and return it then select the game all over and enter a different code in?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can't stack multiple days.

[quote name='superhippy1986']So your saying if I am a PS3 owner and Skyrim screwed me over that I myself should go out an support Bethesda because Dishonored happens to work on PS3? No thanks..[/QUOTE]

Except Bethesda only published dishonored, and arkane developed it. Soo are you really sticking it to Bethesda? Well yes but not as much

bread's done
Back