4 free XBL Arcades games with purchase of a new 360 console (Works with any vendor)

I am getting a new 360 this Christmas, and we already have it and it was bought in between the time period. And I was wondering...

Since I already have an xbox live account (for my regular xbox), I am just going to be transfering that over. Now it says it has to be a new xbl account, so could I just use the 48 hour trial I get, download the games, and then cancel that account. Or even better, could I make a silver account, and then get the games on that?

The games being tied to your temporary Live account are not a big deal as long as the system doesn't break. Any content purchased on any account on a console is accessible to all users of that console. Also, I'm pretty sure you can just make it a Silver account and not worry about the 48-hour trial. I'm more worried about this deal ever working...

[quote name='eastx']The games being tied to your temporary Live account are not a big deal as long as the system doesn't break. Any content purchased on any account on a console is accessible to all users of that console. Also, I'm pretty sure you can just make it a Silver account and not worry about the 48-hour trial. I'm more worried about this deal ever working...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then the games are tied to your console, which IMO makes them worthless ('course they are free in this case...).

Also you'll lose your Live account if you don't log into the corresponding email often enough. That happened to me over the summer.

Basically so far I *hate* how Microsoft and Nintendo have handled their download services, and I'm guessing Sony will be no better.

I've no idea why someone doesn't just copy the Apple model, which at least works as long as you've got an internet connection available to authorize or deauthorize a computer.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, but then the games are tied to your console, which IMO makes them worthless ('course they are free in this case...).

Also you'll lose your Live account if you don't log into the corresponding email often enough. That happened to me over the summer.

Basically so far I *hate* how Microsoft and Nintendo have handled their download services, and I'm guessing Sony will be no better.

I've no idea why someone doesn't just copy the Apple model, which at least works as long as you've got an internet connection available to authorize or deauthorize a computer.[/quote]

At least when you pay 10 bucks for a game with microsoft you get original content, instead of some 10+ year old game that isnt any different than when the game came out. **cough wii vc**cough**cough**

[quote name='Wolfpup']Also you'll lose your Live account if you don't log into the corresponding email often enough. That happened to me over the summer.[/QUOTE]
You can make a passport account with an e-mail other than a hotmail e-mail (as I have), in which case this could not cause a deactivation. There may be other reasons they would deactivate an account, but I don't know what they would be.

[quote name='SpyderGT']You can make a passport account with an e-mail other than a hotmail e-mail (as I have), in which case this could not cause a deactivation. There may be other reasons they would deactivate an account, but I don't know what they would be.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Do you know if you can then change the email associated with your Passport account? (ie if I put in an ISP address and it changed)
I'll have to look into this...

I wonder if anyone has bothered to email MS to see what the heck they are doing to their servers! I guess they don't care if it works since by doing nothing they'll get more money then they would by giving away the games for free. Call me a cynic, but MS is blowing us off... :D

I keep getting the "There is an issue with registration at this time. Please try again later. " meesage when I try to enter the code and SN.

I called CS and was on the phone for an hour trying to find out anything.

First I was told it was a scam site and they have no such promo.(this of course after I got transfered from India back to tech which only took 20 minutes)

Then I got told it didn't matter if you registered on xbox.com it wouldn't effect the promo site as you would just simple register there as well.

Then they figured out at long last that it really was a promo they had going on.

And that they would try and get the site working in a couple hours(about 10 hours ago now). It was pretty well a waste of an hour.

fyi CSR Mentioned code XBXNG100 for 2 games...(nothing about 4 games though)

when does this promo end? I've been trying to get my free games for the past two weeks, and i keep getting the registration error.

Didn't read the whole thread because I'm in a hurry, so forgive me if this has already been asked. If I understand this correctly, one of the conditions is that you must get a new Live account. Will this work if you simply transfer an existing Live account from the original XBox? My dad just purchased a 360, and it'd be nice if he could pick up some free Arcade games.

[quote name='epoxyRedux']when does this promo end? I've been trying to get my free games for the past two weeks, and i keep getting the registration error.[/quote]

It ends on January 15th, 2007...

[quote name='GamerChris']what browser are you guys using? I was only able to get it to work using firefox.[/quote]
i'm using firefox

I've been trying this, but only getting the registration error thing. Maybe they took it down so it won't work now.

Awesome, worked for me too, finally. If they decline me for some reason I will be pissed (as I surely should meet all criteria. I just bought the damned thing!).

[quote name='Wurz7']Just tried registering and got a success message, gogogogo![/quote]

About freaking time... :D

I used the XBXNG102 Code. Here's hoping it actually works for the 4 free games. Hopefully, MS will come out and let us know which if any of the games won't be selectable. I am just about to buy several anyway and will hold off on the expensive ones, if they are applicable to this deal.

I used the 4 free games too..but hopefully its not like... 4 tokens for cheap games, while the other one is 2 tokens for expensive games, since id want the more expensive ones

Tried it out. We'll see what happens. Hopefully we don't get codes for Robotron, Uno, and Geometry Wars... since those are the only three arcade games I bought.

Don't care if those are a few of the choices myself, but have most of the worthwhile ones already, including Geometry Wars...

Either way, I am sure I can find something I would like. Most likely I wouldn't want to pay 1200 for Lumines Live! or RoboBlitz, so if you could use the tokens for those and the latest release, Novadrome, I'd be happy. That said, I'd take Dig Dug, Gauntlet, Pac-Man and Frogger, no problem! Though, here's hoping the points needed to make the purchases aren't taken into consideration by MS. There's many at the 800 MS points range I would love to grab! Assuming the 1200 point games are off limits. Crossing my fingers they are not! :D

thats odd that there's 3 different codes, i only saw the 2 game one (and it wasnt even from this thread).

see, but where's the big delay in the emails? i assume no one has gotten one yet? i wonder if we can re-regsiter with the 4 game one, or perhaps that would disqualify you.

anyhow, between this and having no idea when i got the free points card (6 days on the true.com free trial and heard nothing back) i would be nice to get something now so i can use, since it would be silly to buy points between this and the points, just wish one of them would actually be sent to me.

According to one of the newer posts at the thread linked below by user, x Austin x...

"just so ppl know, NOT everyone will get 2 free games, its a promotional contest"
http://forums.xbox.com/9184371/ShowPost.aspx#9184371

Not everyone will be getting the games? Seems like MS changed the rules during halftime, yet again. Either that of that poster is full of crap... :roll:

Oh well, I doubt people will stand for that, seeing how many are interested in this deal and it's always been listed as a promotion for buying a X360 to get some free XBLA games, not a chance to win said games. Methinks the heads will roll if this is true! :D

I doubt that's true. I got the real e-mail stating specifically that you get 2 free games for registering with that code and creating a new Live account.

I'm wondering that myself! I plan on buying some more XBLA games soon, but don't feel like I should until I know which ones I'll want out of those that will be chosen by MS.

Oh well, MS can just wait then, won't be buying anymore MS Points Cards until they do. Hopefully, if everyone who has signed up for this deal does the same they'll send out the emails before February 15th. :D

[quote name='sabbey']I'm wondering that myself! I plan on buying some more XBLA games soon, but don't feel like I should until I know which ones I'll want out of those that will be chosen by MS.

Oh well, MS can just wait then, won't be buying anymore MS Points Cards until they do. Hopefully, if everyone who has signed up for this deal does the same they'll send out the emails before February 15th. :D[/quote]
I bought Lumines Live today. I seriously doubt they'd let you get that one for free. But maybe they'll let me get the Advance Challenge pack as one of the 4 tokens.

Just signed up for mine. I used the 2 game code before I saw there was a 4 game code. Hopefully they will upgrade it. But hey, 2 free games is better than a poke in the eye.

I just did a bunch of searching to make sure it was legit before I gave them my passport. Looked like a nice Phishing scam. It is indeed legit. I was eventually able to find a link to it at xbox.com Another website posted an email from a msn gaming rep and he verified it too. Grab them while they are still hot.

[quote name='spookyload']I just did a bunch of searching to make sure it was legit before I gave them my passport. Looked like a nice Phishing scam. It is indeed legit. I was eventually able to find a link to it at xbox.com Another website posted an email from a msn gaming rep and he verified it too. Grab them while they are still hot.[/QUOTE]

see, though i still havent actually gotten these supposed tokens, and i dont think anyone else has either.

Well the offer does say it could take as long as February. This is really legit, just gonna take awhile.

-Owl

whoa why did this thread get moved!? considering it requires the purchase of a new console I don't see why this is considered either free or a contest. I'd consider it a videogame deal as I originally posted it. oh well.... :roll:

Yeah, I agree. This makes sense in the video game deal section. It's not a contest, it's really getting free live arcade games with a 360 purchase...

I'd love to know the reasoning behind moving it. I'd have never seen it here.

bread's done
Back