4 LCD display with ( 2 x Dual Head Video ) Recommendations

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Ok, have a friend who is trying to set up 4 LCD displays. I figured he would be better off getting 2 dual head VGA cards. These are not going to be used for gaming just for some stock displaying stuff. Anyone do this before and know what are good compatible video cards.

I'm thinking 1 AGP with DUAL VGA and one PCI with dual VGA.

I've been wanting to do that for awhile. I've been running dual displays for a long time now. The AGP part should be a breeze the PCI part I dunno since I haven't used a PCI video card in ages. If I was going to do that I'd do it on a SLI board or a crossfire enabled motherboard and do it with pci express. I'd make sure they were atleast made by the same manufacturer if not the same chip set on this as well. ATI and NVIDIA software mixed on this would probably have quarky results on anything besides the base windows driver. From my personal experiences with several ATI all in wonders and Nvidia based clones I'm gonna have to recommend going with nvidia on multiple display set ups.

Well.. He doesn't have a newer computer so PCI is the only way to go. He has 1 AGP slot and multiple PCI slots. So he could get a dual AGP card and then a dual on a single PCI or 2 PCI video cards in 2 slots.

bread's done
Back