4 new colors coming for the DS

[quote name='evilmax17']No word yet on the timing in other regions of the world.[/quote]

If timing of color systems is anything like most Japan releases, we may be waiting quite a long time (forever in some cases) to get all of those color choices here. Then again, I'm still waiting for more decent games and a price drop before taking the DS plunge. Maybe these changes will coincide with a multi-color release at some point in the future.

they'll probably follow the color release scheme that the SP had, ending with the NES classic and the Zelda versions, which of course are the end all of limited editions.

Cool, now if Nintendo would actually release some games for the DS, we'd be good to go.

[quote name='evilmax17']http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/hardware/index.html#ds_color

And so the Nintendo DS will be will be released in Japan this month and next in four new colors: “Granite Black,” “Pure White,” “Turquoise Blue,” and “Candy Pink.” No word yet on the timing in other regions of the world.

-joystiq[/quote]

The dark gray/ black one is hot. I've been waiting on a DS because I knew they were going to do this. Actually I may wait some more until they release a redesigned DS 'SP' or 'X' or whatever they decide to call it.

Shouldn't they be focusing on releasing games? Are they going to have one color for each game released or something?

[quote name='evilmax17']A NES DS would look damn sweet.[/quote]

Been there, done that. What they should do is an SNES style DS. Dogbone controller shaped.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I like the Granite Black DS, but thats because my GBA SP and my Gamecube are black.[/quote]

Same here. It just looks so sweet.

ds_black.jpg

[quote name='jkam']Why don't they just release these all at once rather than this way? I'm happy with my platinum one.[/quote]

Probably because they know they can get milk more money out of people that way.

4 New! Games are comming out on DS to match this collors.

1.Super Mario DS Granite Black
2.Super Mario DS Pure White
3.Super Mario DS Turquoise Blue
4.Super Mario DS Candy Pink Touched (my favorite)

Thank You Nintendo! :puke:

Finally new colors. I would have prefered a jet black one to go with my SP and cube but I guess granite will do.now to wait for it to actually release here so I can finally get one.

Hmm, I definitely like having the choice of colors. I have a platinum SP, and just find it kind of "bland."

Of these, I think I am leaning towards pure white, but I wish the blue was more of the color of the Japanese Pepsi addition--that is a really sweet color!

BrerDan

The dark gray/ black one is nice. I also really like the turqouise blue one. I'm glad that I waited now and didn't jump on some of the nice bundles I have seen with it. I've been waiting on a DS because I knew/thought they were going to do this.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='evilmax17']A NES DS would look damn sweet.[/quote]

Been there, done that. What they should do is an SNES style DS. Dogbone controller shaped.[/quote]

Wouldn't an N64 styled DS make more sense? Not sure how they'd do it, though.

Glad I didn't wait (something I was strongly considering because I'm not terribly fond of the original silver.) The new colors look worse than the original...

[quote name='onetrackmind']the green and pink ones are hideous[/quote]

its teal just like the teal gbc, i like it

[quote name='onetrackmind']the green and pink ones are hideous[/quote]

Green?

The white and black are the best ones.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Hmm.......Ironically enough, I still think the Platinum one looks the best out of the lot.[/quote]

Agreed. I have a DS and I'm not feeling any "oh damn wish I had waited". Personally black is the only other color I like out of the bunch, but I'm still perfectly happy with the silver.

I really like the white one...I really wanted the white sp, but they never released it here and im not about to pay 4x the cost of my black sp...if they release the white i will be all over it.

[quote name='BrerDan']Hmm, I definitely like having the choice of colors. I have a platinum SP, and just find it kind of "bland."

Of these, I think I am leaning towards pure white, but I wish the blue was more of the color of the Japanese Pepsi addition--that is a really sweet color!

BrerDan[/quote]

...you took my avatar?

Glad I didn't wait to pick up my DS. Platinum is still the best looking of the bunch to my eyes. Its kind of funny, though, how everyone was praising the Platinum GC when it came out and derided all the other colors as too bland or ugly (Purple), yet now many like these new colors much more than the original I guess its true what they say, familiarity breeds contempt.

And to all those complaining about the lack of DS titles, I'd just like to throw my voice into the mix and say I'm pretty satisfied with the releases. I can only afford around a couple of games a month spread out on 3 platforms, so it doesn't seem like much of a drought to me.

November - Mario 64 DS
December - Feel The Magic
January - Zoo Keeper, Zelda Minish Cap (This should count)
February - Wario Ware Touched
March - Yoshi Touch and Go
April - Pac Pix, Polarium

Not a bad first 6 months. Once we hit E3 in May there will be a slew of titles coming out.

DS game rite now is pretty lame...
I don't own any of the titles, but I rented about all of them by now. there just isn't any must have titles. IMO maybe feel the magic...

but I expect atleast 15-20 games in 5 months... dats almost half a year.

If there isn't any titled soon, i'm goin to have to trade this in, then pick 1 up, when there is some real games show up, and I want the cool blue DS tooo....

[quote name='ransom456'][quote name='BrerDan']Hmm, I definitely like having the choice of colors. I have a platinum SP, and just find it kind of "bland."

BrerDan[/quote]

...you took my avatar?[/quote]

:rofl:

To Ransom:

I didn't intentionally take it, if that's what happened. A friend sent it to me since he knew I liked ATHF. I didn't know where he got it from.

I can change though. No big deal to me. I just didn't want you to think I intentionally took it.

BrerDan

(now to go find something else)

[quote name='Spoon_si']DS game rite now is pretty lame...
I don't own any of the titles, but I rented about all of them by now. there just isn't any must have titles. IMO maybe feel the magic...

but I expect atleast 15-20 games in 5 months... dats almost half a year.

If there isn't any titled soon, i'm goin to have to trade this in, then pick 1 up, when there is some real games show up, and I want the cool blue DS tooo....[/quote]

In my opinion Feel the Magic, Mario , and Warioware are must buys. The racing games are mediocre, but hopefully NFSU should be good. I believe that comes out this month, they have commercials up for it at ign.com .

[quote name='poopy']

Not a bad first 6 months. Once we hit E3 in May there will be a slew of titles coming out.[/quote]

To me, and many others, it's terrible.

And once E3 comes around no one will be looking at the DS, all eyes will be on the next gen systems and the next GB.

bread's done
Back