4 New Nintendo Selects Aug. 28th!

Donken

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
"Four games will be added to the Nintendo Selects collection on Aug. 28! Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged and Punch-Out!! will be available for $19.99 each!" - Taken from the Wii Facebook Page.

Not sure if anyone posted this already. Save your money til Aug. 28th if you were planning on buying any of these. I'm gonna wait for another Buy 1 Get 1 free sale on Nintendo selects and grab a couple of these then.

:wii: Pre-order on Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that Super Paper Mario seems to have been OOP and spendy for a while, this is a good deal for those that don't mind Greatest Hits =P

[quote name='Rollobobo']Booooo still no Super Smash Bros or Mario Kart....really Nintendo?[/QUOTE]

of course no Mario Kart. It's the packaged game with new consoles.

[quote name='boogie4114']Waits for Gargus and his usual MSRP rant.......[/QUOTE]

16aa0co.gif

[quote name='Zaku77']Given that Super Paper Mario seems to have been OOP and spendy for a while, this is a good deal for those that don't mind Greatest Hits =P[/QUOTE]

This. I have been waiting patiently for a VERY long time to score SPM on the cheap and now I should be able to. I hate to have to get a GH box but sometimes you just have to settle for what you can get.

I didn't even know about Nintendo Selects until last Saturday when I went to Target and I saw Twilight Princess. I have always wanted to play SPM so it seems about time for me. Those with a Sears near by may want to check for Punchout!, my Sears had it on clearance for $10.

shrugs i dont see the point in the nintendo selects but then again i supported nintendo on release of all these games =P.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Probably dropping these because the Wii needs all the help it can get. I'm shocked that I still have mine.[/QUOTE]

i dont get why people are so anti Wii. One of my favorite games of all time, Super Smash Bros Brawl, is on that console. My friends and I spend more time on that game than any other really. And it has plenty of other good games in it's library as well. People talk like just because it has waggle shovelware, it has nothing good.

Out of those four... I only need Charged Strikers... never played the original Charged but for $19.99 for SMCS is a good deal... it's a Mario game.... blind buying this :whistle2:D

Dude, it's a given fact that game developers conspire to make GH/PH/NS boxes look like absolute ass. Just a stark reminder that you, sir, are indeed, a cheapass.

[quote name='Drclaw411']i dont get why people are so anti Wii. One of my favorite games of all time, Super Smash Bros Brawl, is on that console. My friends and I spend more time on that game than any other really. And it has plenty of other good games in it's library as well. People talk like just because it has waggle shovelware, it has nothing good.[/QUOTE]

I have more 360 games than Wii games and I don't even own a 360 yet (I do have a Wii). That alone says something.

[quote name='Vegan']I have more 360 games than Wii games and I don't even own a 360 yet (I do have a Wii). That alone says something.[/QUOTE]

about your decision making?

[quote name='Vegan']I have more 360 games than Wii games and I don't even own a 360 yet (I do have a Wii). That alone says something.[/QUOTE]

Not really, because you could for example only like particular genres that are under-represented on the Wii. It's too anecdotal. The objective reality is that some of the most fun and best-reviewed games this generation are on the Wii. (While others are on Xbox 360 and PS3.) I have about 80 games for Xbox 360, 55 for Wii, and 25 for PS3 (it was the last system I bought, hence the smaller number). I have zero "shovelware" titles on any system, and I don't buy games that suck just because they're cheap. There are PLENTY of very good games on the Wii.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']Pumped for Punch-Out, I have been waiting for that to drop.

Might pick up Strikers as well at some point...enjoyed the GC game.[/QUOTE]

isnt the GC strikers the same as the wii?

just to let everybody know, Strikers can get frustrating. By far the hardest sports game i've ever played in the later cups. to unlock Petey Pirannah, you have to win the final cup. You first have to make the playoffs, then sweep the playoffs. And if you lose once, you have to start from the beginning (before the playoffs) again. And in this cup, the matches are extremley hard. I once lost a playoff match 1-0. I had 24 shots on goal. They had 3.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Out of those four... I only need Charged Strikers...[/QUOTE]

Same here. So far that's the only selects title that I had never picked up and became hard to find later on.

And SPM really is great! My favorite part ended up being those two optional 50-level dungeons. Beat one of them but kept losing at the end of the other one. I'll get back to it some day:whistle2:\"

[quote name='illennium']Not really, because you could for example only like particular genres that are under-represented on the Wii. It's too anecdotal. The objective reality is that some of the most fun and best-reviewed games this generation are on the Wii. (While others are on Xbox 360 and PS3.) I have about 80 games for Xbox 360, 55 for Wii, and 25 for PS3 (it was the last system I bought, hence the smaller number). I have zero "shovelware" titles on any system, and I don't buy games that suck just because they're cheap. There are PLENTY of very good games on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Aren't MOST genres underrepresented on the Wii?

[quote name='The Punisher']Cool. is it worth getting? I already have merio strikers Gamecube[/QUOTE]
Suppose to be much improved over the GCN version.

I also have the GCN one and found it to be easy/dull; part of the reason why I didn't pick up the Wii game at launch.

But after playing a buddy's copy, I was convinced.

[quote name='rbarba4']Suppose to be much improved over the GCN version.

I also have the GCN one and found it to be easy/dull; part of the reason why I didn't pick up the Wii game at launch.

But after playing a buddy's copy, I was convinced.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. will pick this up

I might have to get all 4 of these titles. All great titles being added. I hope there will be more titles to come like Wii Sports Resort, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and some other first party title.

I can see myself picking up SMG and SPM.

Never played a paper mario title before so that could be interesting.

^You might want to try The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube, easily the best in the series imo.

Also, yay, new club nintendo codes! There should be enough now for me to get platinum again this year. :p

In for Punch Out. I always wanted it, just never felt compelled to pay $50 for it. I seriously think Nintendo Selects are only for games that don't still sell but have sold a fuckton in it's lifetime.

Thus why SSBB and Mario Kart Wii are not on said list. Although I am probably wrong.

[quote name='Donken']Kinect and move are gonna bring plenty of crappy games to the 360 and ps3.[/QUOTE]

Oh they already have. Fighters Uncaged anyone?

The reason why I bash the Wii is because there really aren't too many great games that AREN'T Nintendo franchises. And unfortunately the ones that are, don't sell at all, and most likely did not need to be on the Wii (Muramasa & Madworld immediately comes to mind). It's depressing really. The only things that are keeping me from selling my Wii are my girlfriend's games, Sin & Punishment 2, SSBB, and those two aforementioned awesome games.

Well, maybe things will change and Nintendo will have faith in their 3rd party developers with the Wii U... but they probably won't. Oh, and it's incredibly stupid anyway. :roll:

On topic though, I will say that is a good price for those games. They should have been those prices years ago... oh wait, it's Nintendo.

Maybe it was just me, but I burned through the first three quarters of punch out in very.short time and then suddenly its stupidly hard.

bread's done
Back