40,000 Xbox 360s sold on ebay

Hah, I'd call the people idiots but hey, they paid me $485 for a Core so I can go get the Premium and a game so I won't complain.

[quote name='TC']I've had an unopened premium since last week. Just been monitoring the Ebay prices and volume. A few days ago I saw 15000 systems up for auction. Yesterday it dropped to around 5500. I'm just waiting and might Ebay it. Not quite sure yet.

Funniest auction I've seen thus far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8238393293[/QUOTE]

.... you have got to be kidding me. the person who won that auction is a moron.

[quote name='TC']I've had an unopened premium since last week. Just been monitoring the Ebay prices and volume. A few days ago I saw 15000 systems up for auction. Yesterday it dropped to around 5500. I'm just waiting and might Ebay it. Not quite sure yet.

:shock:
What kind of moron would spend that much money on an Xbox 360? Do they need to have it that badly right now? I'm sure the stores will be full of 360's in a few months. :roll:

yeah the person who won that was the same person who had it up for bids... that shit goes on a lot on ebay where 30 secs before an auction closes one bidder win place bids over and over hiking up the price so that if you have stupidlly put up a proxy bid then your screwed. And it sucks cause ebay looks the other way about it cause they made their 3-10 bucks for the auction and are happy.

Couldn't you set a upper limit to how much your (or the proxy) wililng to pay? I've never used Ebay so I'm not familiar with how they work.

lots of those sellers will never collect their money. I saw several bidders with zero feedback win multiple auctions all over $1200. People just fuckin' with sellers.

[quote name='h2dk']lots of those sellers will never collect their money. I saw several bidders with zero feedback win multiple auctions all over $1200. People just fuckin' with sellers.[/QUOTE]

It's true. The sellers are being raped by ebay fees. $15000 ending auction means an ending fee of ~$240. And then the seller has to relist it back and hope that ebay will reimburst the charge from non-paying bidder. If not then the seller can only hope the same xbox will profit over ~$300 just to break even after another set of fees.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']It's true. The sellers are being raped by ebay fees. $15000 ending auction means an ending fee of ~$240. And then the seller has to relist it back and hope that ebay will reimburst the charge from non-paying bidder. If not then the seller can only hope the same xbox will profit over ~$300 just to break even after another set of fees.[/QUOTE]

I am glad for people raping sellers. They shouldn't be selling them for so much. If you buy one just to sell it on eBay you deserve to get fucked up the ass multiple times.

I went at 5pm after just getting out of school to wait in line to not even get one. Now some assholes just bought them to sell them when I actually wanted one to play some games on live on Xbox360 and I find it a hilarity and justice that they are getting fake bids and non-paying bidders.

wow, roughly 10% of the launch units. considering MS is claims to have units coming in every week i think they just should have waited a month and launched with a lot more units.

The seller's feedback is small, but looking at it, there are sellers I've bought from, and others with "power seller" feedback; at least, then, I can infer that this isn't an illegitimate account.

OTOH, every bit of his feedback is from a seller, so evidently the first thing he/she is selling is 40 or so 360s. That's a bit discouraging.

[quote name='zewone']This is very tempting.[/QUOTE]

Looks kinda shady considering they have never sold anything before. 17 people have bought into it so far. I'm wondering if it's going to be a case of too good to be true. A premium Xbox360 w/extras for $500.00, when they could easily get $1000+. Oh and don't forget they are being kind enough to give free shipping. I think i'll pass.

Looks like prices are going down on ebay. Just saw a premimum sell for a little over 700. I guess word is spreading aobut the rumored units on 12/18. Anyone think that after the supposed batch of 12/18 the prices will skyrocket for those desperate last minute shoppers.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like prices are going down on ebay. Just saw a premimum sell for a little over 700. I guess word is spreading aobut the rumored units on 12/18. Anyone think that after the supposed batch of 12/18 the prices will skyrocket for those desperate last minute shoppers.[/QUOTE]no, theyve been going for about that since a couple days after launch. 700-800 is about the average. still too much to pay.

[quote name='thagoat']no, theyve been going for about that since a couple days after launch. 700-800 is about the average. still too much to pay.[/QUOTE]

Really? I actually havent seen them lower than 900 till now.

That last eBay link doesn't work anymore, and if you look at the $15,000 system, neither one left each other feedback, so it probably fell through.

Just got $780.01 for my Premium system today. For that kind of money, I don't mind waiting 'till after Christmas to get another one.

Crazy, I know but this is the exact same thing that happened when the PS2 launched.

bread's done
Back