$40 gift card with purchase of Bayonetta & Darksiders or $10 for 1 + $5 off in-store

thegame85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/default.aspx?action=entryflash&

Buy both Darksiders and Bayonetta and get a $40 gift card, buy just one and get a $10 gift card...Good through Thursday 1/7/2010

Edit #2: Also wanted to let you guys know of a pair of $5 off coupons in a little booklet Toys R Us has at their registers. It looks like this:
th_DSC00915.jpg

It has two $5 off coupons for various things, it says Video Game Hardware but not software, should work...look for them at the regular register:
DSC00916.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Estebon']Its possible that Bioshock, FFXIII, Mass Effect will have a gift card deal itself. Making it sweeter.[/QUOTE]

Screw that, Splinter Cell: Conviction FTW! ;)

[quote name='icedrake523']Unfortunately only 1 of those $5 off coupons will work while they have the gift card offer up.[/QUOTE]

Yes but who knows what they will have in their ad next week! ;). And $5 off is $5 off if you were going to the store anyways.

argh. Someone please email the link to this promo to amazon customer service and ask if they can price-match it. Specifically the Bayonetta + Darksiders deal :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

I already did this for a couple other deals this year and amazon matched it shortly after on their site so everyone could get it. The last one was the Epson workforce 600 printer for $99 which ended up being a price-mistake by staples.com...oops :whistle2:#! I would be asking for too much if i emailed again.

5 stars! I'm thinking of saving the 40 GC for FFXIII and selling an X-box 360 copy of darksiders right away.

Questions: When I drop by Tuesday if they do not have one of those coupons at customer service, does anyone know if I can just mention the coupon #933128 or SKU #5 00009 33128 2 on the coupon and get credit that way?
Also for used game trades at customer service has anyone had experience with this in store? at http://www.toysrustradeincenter.com/ they only mention trading in your games by shipping them to TRU used game center. I did not see anything about trading in at customer service for GC's or store credit.

[quote name='thabizzle']you can absolutely trade games in at a B&M location. i traded in 8 games 2 weeks ago. very easy and painless process.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I actually already have Bayonetta on pre-order from TRU, does this mean I am getting the 10.00 GC? They weren't offering the GC when I did order it ( back during the last buy 2 get 1 sale ) I am just wondering if I should contact customer service or not about the order.

[quote name='blitzbllmstr']I actually already have Bayonetta on pre-order from TRU, does this mean I am getting the 10.00 GC? They weren't offering the GC when I did order it ( back during the last buy 2 get 1 sale ) I am just wondering if I should contact customer service or not about the order.[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't be a problem if picking it up from a B&M store. Just remind the cashier about the ad and they'll give it to you.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I waits. It'll be $20 in 5 months ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking the same thing... I can't see either game becoming a commercial hit and I'm not anxious to play either one for a while.

[quote name='rgon86']Shouldn't be a problem if picking it up from a B&M store. Just remind the cashier about the ad and they'll give it to you.[/QUOTE]

crap, had it shipping to my college address. I just found the ad online. Looks like I'll go pick it up instore on Tuesday and return the online order in store once I get back to school for a PSN card or something.

[quote name='joker______']they do but they are pricks about it giving you hard time
what they did for me when RE5 came out TRU had a $20 GC along with it & they just took it out of the price
if they give you a hard time its always good to print out a copy of their store policy & they will PM but w/o it,it will be YMMV[/QUOTE]

No, the official policy is that Best Buy doesn't PM free offers. If they do it, they are bending the rules to get a sale (which is obviously something they should be doing anyway, but that's a different issue)

thanks thegame85 for the OP!

on the fence about this one, i can see either of these games being in the bargin bin before long. but 39.99 on release day is tempting... I played bay and loved it.

[quote name='SDC']No, the official policy is that Best Buy doesn't PM free offers. If they do it, they are bending the rules to get a sale (which is obviously something they should be doing anyway, but that's a different issue)[/QUOTE]

from http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer
."

[quote name='Diad']from http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1118843518460&id=cat12098

"How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer
."[/QUOTE]

That reads to me like it assumes that both chains are offering the gift card, no?

[quote name='Diad']thanks thegame85 for the OP!

on the fence about this one, i can see either of these games being in the bargin bin before long. but 39.99 on release day is tempting... I played bay and loved it. [/QUOTE]

"bargain bin" being a $35 price tag, maybe $30.

I really don't get why people think everything will be $20 in a few months. RE5 is $37 on Amazon and we're approaching a year after release. Even the Wolverine game, a movie tie-in, is $47 on Amazon. I can see these dropping to $50, maybe $40 new in a couple of months but don't hold your breath on anything less than $35 before October.

[quote name='SDC']That reads to me like it assumes that both chains are offering the gift card, no?[/QUOTE]

No.
Please do not comment definitively when you do not know the policy.

[quote name='SDC']That reads to me like it assumes that both chains are offering the gift card, no?[/QUOTE]

well if you follow the link, it can be read that bb should discount the price of the item(s) to match the difference of the competitor's included gift card. unless i read those paragraphs wrong...

[quote name='donut']No.
Please do not comment definitively when you do not know the policy.[/QUOTE]

I apologize for being mistaken, but I was passing on info that I was told when attempting a price match.

This is extremely tempting esp if I can get them for $40 each at BB thus getting 150 bonus points and the $40 for buying them. That's almost 200 points per game which is almost another $10 certificate. Plus that's 80 gamer points thus resulting in 1/2 way to 500 bonus points. So it adds up really fast. Both of these games are on my list to get but I was going to wait for them to be around $30-40...but now I just don't know...

Cool deal but I gotta save my scratch for God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII. I don't understand all this hype about Darksiders. Is there a demo out?

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Cool deal but I gotta save my scratch for God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII. I don't understand all this hype about Darksiders. Is there a demo out?[/QUOTE]

Not that I am aware, but the storyline sounds cool. Basically you play as one of the four horseman of the apocalypse, War I believe. The world (as in the actual world you and I live in) is attacked and War is blamed for it so he has to uncover the truth of it. Or something like that :lol:. The part that I am most interested in is the gameplay, they say it's basically God of War meets Zelda, and that sounds freakin awesome to me.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not that I am aware, but the storyline sounds cool. Basically you play as one of the four horseman of the apocalypse, War I believe. The world (as in the actual world you and I live in) is attacked and War is blamed for it so he has to uncover the truth of it. Or something like that :lol:. The part that I am most interested in is the gameplay, they say it's basically God of War meets Zelda, and that sounds freakin awesome to me.[/QUOTE]

God of War meets Zelda. Huh.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']God of War meets Zelda. Huh.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you were asking what I meant, but based on what I've read it plays like Zelda, dungeons to go to, weapons to get to help you beat the dungeon boss, thing like that, but with the "maturity" of God of War, meaning blood and stuff.

I have a $40 GC for TRU already. So I think I get both and try and exchange Bayonetta in for something better or just more appealing to me or sale it for how much I can get rid of it for. Have to keep my eye open for one of those coupons.

I can never get the local BestBuy to pricematch. Always with the damn excuses.

California is full of mehs.

[quote name='icedrake523']I really don't get why people think everything will be $20 in a few months. RE5 is $37 on Amazon and we're approaching a year after release. Even the Wolverine game, a movie tie-in, is $47 on Amazon. I can see these dropping to $50, maybe $40 new in a couple of months but don't hold your breath on anything less than $35 before October.[/QUOTE]

Somebody needs some CAG practice! :^)

Just because they've got staying power at a long term site like Amazon doesn't mean you can't grab a good deal somewhere. Your examples, for example: RE5 was on sale for $20 at GameCrazy just a month or so ago, and Wolverine was recently clearanced at Target for $10-15. There's no reason to think similar deals won't pop up on these two games, which is why I'm not biting on this TRU deal, even though I would like to play Darksiders and my wife is looking forward to Bayonetta.

Of course, having a frighteningly long backlog of games does make the waiting a little easier...

[quote name='MrJymm']Somebody needs some CAG practice! :^)

Just because they've got staying power at a long term site like Amazon doesn't mean you can't grab a good deal somewhere. Your examples, for example: RE5 was on sale for $20 at GameCrazy just a month or so ago, and Wolverine was recently clearanced at Target for $10-15. There's no reason to think similar deals won't pop up on these two games, which is why I'm not biting on this TRU deal, even though I would like to play Darksiders and my wife is looking forward to Bayonetta.

Of course, having a frighteningly long backlog of games does make the waiting a little easier...[/QUOTE]

I consider sales different from bargain bin. A sale being temporary. I'm sure these will be available for $30ish during the summer but that's the not the same as going to the bargain bin with a permanent price drop as is the case with something like The Conduit.

Clearance items are huge YMMV. I know the places near me rarely ever have anything good in their clearance section and I'm sure it's the case with many other CAGs.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not that I am aware, but the storyline sounds cool. Basically you play as one of the four horseman of the apocalypse, War I believe. The world (as in the actual world you and I live in) is attacked and War is blamed for it so he has to uncover the truth of it. Or something like that :lol:. The part that I am most interested in is the gameplay, they say it's basically God of War meets Zelda, and that sounds freakin awesome to me.[/QUOTE]

IGN had whatever they call that piece where they play a game and talk about it for 1/2 an hour (not a review, more like their thoughts on it prior to an official review) and the footage they showed of Darksiders looked incredibly bland and unoriginal. Maybe it was just me, but I wasn't blown away at all from what I saw and it looks like a really shallow game. I think the only things that get upgraded are 2 or 3 weapons and there's no character upgrades or development. The graphics were definitely not better than Bayonetta's and it just look really really derivative of a bunch of other games. I'm not sure why people keep comparing it to Zelda outside of the puzzle aspect ... and it's definitely no God of War. I'm looking at it as a rental at the most, but that's just my take on it.

Ok ... so that you guys don't call me lazy, here's the link for IGN's preview - http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/818226/darksiders/videos/ignlive_spc_darksiders_121709.html

Judge for yourself

F' it. I emailed amazon since everyone overlooked my previous post. If it happens i get credit lol :speaktothehand:

Selling one game and using the $40 gift card on a future game isn't worth it. Maybe it is if you already got credit or just can't order tax-free from amazon. Don't forget you gotta pay tax on $125 and if you are thinking practically then you know you're not getting $55 for your sold game after all costs are accounted for. When your 3rd game comes out you will likely find yourself spending your gift card on a game that is MSRP + tax.

[quote name='etcrane']IGN had whatever they call that piece where they play a game and talk about it for 1/2 an hour (not a review, more like their thoughts on it prior to an official review) and the footage they showed of Darksiders looked incredibly bland and unoriginal. Maybe it was just me, but I wasn't blown away at all from what I saw and it looks like a really shallow game. I think the only things that get upgraded are 2 or 3 weapons and there's no character upgrades or development. The graphics were definitely not better than Bayonetta's and it just look really really derivative of a bunch of other games. I'm not sure why people keep comparing it to Zelda outside of the puzzle aspect ... and it's definitely no God of War. I'm looking at it as a rental at the most, but that's just my take on it.

Ok ... so that you guys don't call me lazy, here's the link for IGN's preview - http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/818226/darksiders/videos/ignlive_spc_darksiders_121709.html

Judge for yourself[/QUOTE]

All the reviews that have come out have said otherwise. Judging a game based off 20 min of watching someone else play is a waste. I watched my roommate play LBP last year and thought it was pretty boring.

Bleh, its a great deal. But i personally am not looking forward to Darksiders at all =/. Not sure if its worth it just to get both, then try to resell Darkstalkers later. Might just stick to the 5 dollars off at Gamestop

[quote name='icedrake523']All the reviews that have come out have said otherwise. Judging a game based off 20 min of watching someone else play is a waste. I watched my roommate play LBP last year and thought it was pretty boring.[/QUOTE]

Dunno, i kind of agree with the fact you cant judge a game based on someone else playing it, but from what i have seen and heard on this game so far, it just seems like another bland ripoff that somehow got a ton of attention drawn to it (Likely what a few other games, namely Dante's Inferno are going to be)

I'm feeling the exact opposite as the majority here. Everything I've seen and heard about Darksiders has me looking forward to it, whereas Bayonetta's demo took me from interested to not even worth a rental. I couldn't even finish the demo w/ that horrible cam.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dunno, i kind of agree with the fact you cant judge a game based on someone else playing it, but from what i have seen and heard on this game so far, it just seems like another bland ripoff that somehow got a ton of attention drawn to it (Likely what a few other games, namely Dante's Inferno are going to be)[/QUOTE]

What is it a rip-off of? God of War?

Newsflash: Games like God of War have existed before God of War.

[quote name='icedrake523']What is it a rip-off of? God of War?

Newsflash: Games like God of War have existed before God of War.[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe not God of War, but it seems like one of those generic action games >_>. I dont see how anyone could be looking forward to Darkstalkers, and not Bayonetta........what has the world of gaming come to.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, maybe not God of War, but it seems like one of those generic action games >_>. I dont see how anyone could be looking forward to Darkstalkers, and not Bayonetta........what has the world of gaming come to.[/QUOTE]

The same world it has always been, a world of different views and opinions. To judge someone based on the fact that their opinion differs from yours is rather unfair. There are many games out there I can not stand, mainly s sports and sim racing games, but I know there is a market for them and if people want to spend their own money on a game that I personally won't then I all I can say is I hope they enjoy their purchase. NOW if someone buys a game only for achievements/trophies that is where I draw the line. I really don't know why I wasted my time with this post considering after all this is the internet where tolerance is not tolerated.

[quote name='icedrake523']What is it a rip-off of? God of War?

Newsflash: Games like God of War have existed before God of War.[/QUOTE]

I've read the reviews, it's averaging 8's with some 7's thrown in ... it doesn't look like an awful game to me but I can say with 100% certainty that it's not worth spending $60 on imo. There are too many AAA titles coming out in the next 3 months for me to throw down a full $60 on Darksiders ... and that's what this deal is, even with the $40 card, as others have stated, it's still full price and deferred savings.

And you can judge the general feel of a game by watching 30 minutes of gameplay ... it gives me a chance to see the graphics, the game mechanics, the setting, a bit of the plot ... and after seeing some gameplay from this I can safely say the graphics do nothing for me and the setting doesn't really appeal to me either.

How exactly does a review mean more than actually watching the gameplay for yourself? I mean sure, you can take someone else's opinion as fact or you can actually watch it and make an assessment on your own ... I fail to see how watching 1/2 an hour is somehow going to be any different than if I had to watch or even play the game for 20 hours. The core mechanics will remain the same, the graphics will still be underwhelming for me personally ... so yeah, I don't really care what critics say, besides the first part of January is always a slow time for games so I'm sure both of these will be great fillers until the good games show up in late January, February and March. I just think folks can do better with their $60 if they haven't looked at Darksiders and are going into it as a blind buy.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Yeeeehaw.

Pricematch pricematch pricematch. Don't let me down Amazon![/QUOTE]I emailed them with details and got shot down. That doesn't mean that they won't discount the games on release day. We'll see.

I've got credit over at Walmart and I looked at their price match policy so I'm not sure how that will go. I'll bring the ad with me and try my luck.

The only thing I found on Walmart's price match guarantee was here: http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/7659.aspx

Price matching

Our goal is always to be the low price leader in every community where we operate. Our customers trust us to have every day low prices ... there's no need for "special sales."

Our unbeatable promise:

Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.
  • We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.
  • We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.
  • We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.
  • We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.
  • We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.
  • We do not honor Internet Pricing.
  • We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Well, maybe not God of War, but it seems like one of those generic action games >_>. I dont see how anyone could be looking forward to Darkstalkers, and not Bayonetta........what has the world of gaming come to.[/QUOTE]

You mean darkSIDERS right? I don't know if they are going to make another Darkstalkers

[quote name='dgwillia006']I dont see how anyone could be looking forward to Darkstalkers, and not Bayonetta........what has the world of gaming come to.[/QUOTE]
I played the Bayonetta demo, not Darksiders...that's how.

[quote name='Gbear09']You mean darkSIDERS right? I don't know if they are going to make another Darkstalkers[/QUOTE]

Lol dude, how long were you typing that post for XD, i realized my mistake and edited it like less than a minute after i posted it

I'm getting both. Darksiders looks pretty cool, seems like it will have a good story as well. And I'm still unsure about Bayonetta, because I want to get it for the PS3 but people are saying that just to get it for the 360. Altogther though, I'm probably gonna pay about 10 bucks of my money because I got coupons and gift cards. :D

Hrm, I wonder if you'll still get the Darksiders War figure if you get a price match at Best Buy. I think it's just tied to your Gamer's Club/Reward Zone account and they mail it later.

bread's done
Back