40% Off at VideoGameInstructionBooklets.com

WhiteRob

Banned
Just got this in an e-mail:

"Our biggest sale ever is going on now! We're kicking off summer by discounting every item in our store! That's right, every single item is 40% off! This is an Email exclusive offer. If you have friends who need replacement video game instruction booklets, boxes and/or cases, forward this Email to them so that they can take advantage of the savings as well. During checkout, enter the promotion code "JUNE40" and the savings will be reflected in your shopping cart (discount is not applicable on any shipping and/or tax charges). We don't know when we will be able to offer a discount like this again, so act fast.

This offer expires June 14th, 2010."

Great deal if you're looking to complete some of your used games.

Ahh, so this is where all of GameStop's cases and artwork go. Thanks for posting this OP, I'll take a look around their site, but I find it funny that there is a business that rips apart a game and sells it for 100% profit. Profit is profit though.

Meh, I'll just walk into Gamestop and take the manuals I need from the used cases :p

Didn't know a site like this existed, though...

[quote name='UberSwiss']Ahh, so this is where all of GameStop's cases and artwork go. Thanks for posting this OP, I'll take a look around their site, but I find it funny that there is a business that rips apart a game and sells it for 100% profit. Profit is profit though.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

Nothing for Beyond Good and Evil for Gamecube :( Considering the closest Gamestop's around me NEVER have this game in stock, I'm never going to complete it....

Not only an interesting idea for a site, but they also sell replacement game cases. Heck, they even have replacement red NSMBWii cases. Awesome!

I wonder if they make them, someone should check to see if the artwork is legit. It didn't however stop me from buying $40 worth of stuff, it ended up coming to $19 total plus 13.95 shipping.

Not bad

[quote name='ryushe']Meh, I'll just walk into Gamestop and steal the manuals I need from the used cases :p

Didn't know a site like this existed, though...[/QUOTE]Fixed

[quote name='phantasyx']I wonder if they make them, someone should check to see if the artwork is legit.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered from them before. Everything they offer is 100% authentic and like new condition.

They have a retail store in CA where they buy & sell used games, but I've never been.

The only issue with this sale is the shipping is still a bit high (especially for replacement cases).

FYI: when you order multiple artwork covers, they usually ship them together slipped into one case. I had to contact C/S once to ask them where my other cover was, thinking they forgot to include it.

Well, as a follow up to my last post, this is probably the best thread to ask in. Does anyone know where I could possibly get a Beyond Good and Evil Gamecube case, instruction booklet, and artwork? I see Xbox and PS2 everywhere, just not Gamecube... Thanks!

Or you can just go to ReplacementDocs.com and get just about anything for any system you require for FREE.
[quote name='Nesmaster75']Well, as a follow up to my last post, this is probably the best thread to ask in. Does anyone know where I could possibly get a Beyond Good and Evil Gamecube case, instruction booklet, and artwork? I see Xbox and PS2 everywhere, just not Gamecube... Thanks![/QUOTE]Here's the Gamecube manual.

I just made an order and the shipping got all weird or something. I was adding single items at a time to see how it affected shipping and at one point it was about $12 to ship, then I added another item and it came up whit a message "order cant be shipped with USPS please use selected method or choose to pick up in store." It auto selected international shipping for $3.75 so my total came to under $20 =]

I ordered a manual for Tales of the Abyss from them once and it looked brand new. I was very happy. I might order some Gamecube manuals from them depending if my games from Gamestop don't come complete.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Is the 40% off of the total (with the shipping) or is it of the sub total (without shipping). Because shipping is a little high.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's the subtotal. I just did a mock order and my subtotal was just over 10 bucks, but the shipping was an extra 5.

Still, 15 bucks for 4 cases and manuals isn't too bad especially for older Gamecube games. At least for me that is.

it doesn't cost $4 to ship a piece of paper...to bad because i would have easily bought 5-6 plus some cases, but i'm not paying double the price after shipping, defeats the purpose.

[quote name='oldboy26']it doesn't cost $4 to ship a piece of paper...to bad because i would have easily bought 5-6 plus some cases, but i'm not paying double the price after shipping, defeats the purpose.[/QUOTE]
you would be suprised, they ship it flat, they don't mash it up into a envilope. This is the best deal you'll ever see if you need art and manuals, everyone should jump on this.

Prices are ridiculous on most things worth buying, even with the discount...and that's before shipping and handling. For example, there are some Gameboy Advance games where they sell the box and instructions separately, for $3.30 each. I guess if you're willing to pay about $4-$5 for a Gameboy Advance box and instruction manual (after discount but before shipping), then it's okay.

The inventory shows they have 27 Ico manuals in stock...you guys still think these aren't color reproductions they print out themselves?

Thanks for the deal. Shipping sucks massively, but I was able to get blank Xbox and Gamecube cases, and a manual for Otogi 2 for only about 11 bucks.

[quote name='kodave']Where the heck do you enter the coupon code at?[/QUOTE]

There's a box right up shipping and billing info page. Its the very last thing before you push the continue order button.

It's labeled Promo Code or something similar.

[quote name='kodave']Where the heck do you enter the coupon code at?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iRent']There's a box right up shipping and billing info page. Its the very last thing before you push the continue order button.

It's labeled Promo Code or something similar.[/QUOTE]

Never mind. I had this website bookmarked and apparently the storefront has changed or they have multiple online checkout systems. The only method was some kind of checkout with no area for coupon entry that asked you to pay with PayPal. When I got to the point of PayPal and there was no way to enter a coupon code, I ceased completing the transaction. That didn't stop their old storefront from sending me a confirmation email, despite the fact nothing was charged on PayPal.

Lets see if I can get this to work on the other storefront.

[quote name='karkyco']Prices are ridiculous on most things worth buying, even with the discount...and that's before shipping and handling. For example, there are some Gameboy Advance games where they sell the box and instructions separately, for $3.30 each. I guess if you're willing to pay about $4-$5 for a Gameboy Advance box and instruction manual (after discount but before shipping), then it's okay.

The inventory shows they have 27 Ico manuals in stock...you guys still think these aren't color reproductions they print out themselves?[/QUOTE]
I think there fake, the xenosaga 3 one I ordered came flat like a sheet of paper, maybe they buy extras from some overstock warehouse were they were made but I would rather find it suspicious if they keep getting "new" stock in.

[quote name='kodave']It says 40% off applied for me, but its not actually applying it. Fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Check it again. I thought so too but I double checked the prices before check out and the sub total was 40% lower with the code applied.

I bought:

Xbox 360 Eco Replacement Game Case $0.89
Nintendo Wii Generic Replacement Game Case $1.19
Display Box for GameCube Tales of Symphonia $1.49
Subtotal: $3.57
+ $7.44 shipping
+ $0.32 tax
Total: $11.33

Without the code the subtotal was $5.97.

I'm happy that I waited. Was going to get some cases last month.

I wanted the Wii generic case for wii sports (I hate that sleeve), 360 case for my cracked COD:MW2 case that I got from Gamefly, and the display box for Tales of symphonia because the plastic spine was tearing/separating and I tried to melt them back together unsuccessfully.

Thanks OP!

I picked up box & manual for:

GBA Dr Mario\Puzzle League
GBA FF I & II Dawn of Souls
GBA FF IV Advance
GBA FF V Advance
GBA Mario Party Advance
GBC Donkey Kong Country (manual only)

Ended up spending $20.07 + $3.75 after the 40% discount. Aside from Dr Mario\Puzzle League, I have these games and now will have complete sets. I collect Gameboy Advance, Color, Original games and there's certain titles I like to make complete. I originally had Yoshi Topsy Turvy in my cart and a few other ones but it made my shipping cost about $20. Something wacky in their online cart system is compounding shipping. After I removed 3 titles from the list I bought, shipping went from over $15 to less then $4.

I only need 2 manuals which they do not have one of then one case and art. The shipping made it not worth it. I am tempted but hard to pull the trigger for 2 items. Thumbs up anyways great hard to find stuff. Also how does the combine shipping add up on here? I only added one item with inst/case/art combo and it was almost 4 usps lowest method.

[quote name='iRent']Check it again. I thought so too but I double checked the prices before check out and the sub total was 40% lower with the code applied.

I bought:

Xbox 360 Eco Replacement Game Case $0.89
Nintendo Wii Generic Replacement Game Case $1.19
Display Box for GameCube Tales of Symphonia $1.49
Subtotal: $3.57
+ $7.44 shipping
+ $0.32 tax
Total: $11.33

Without the code the subtotal was $5.97.

I'm happy that I waited. Was going to get some cases last month.

I wanted the Wii generic case for wii sports (I hate that sleeve), 360 case for my cracked COD:MW2 case that I got from Gamefly, and the display box for Tales of symphonia because the plastic spine was tearing/separating and I tried to melt them back together unsuccessfully.[/QUOTE]

Ah you're right.

$2 per manual and $2.63 per box & manual really adds up when you've got a bunch of incomplete games. The cost of completing them doesn't seem worth it. I could buy the 5 manuals as box & manual instead for that extra $0.63 in savings, but then I'd end up with some extra cases I may or may not ever do anything with. Hmmm.

Right now I'm looking at 5 manuals and 5 box & manuals, plus 4 generic Wii cases for Wii Sports/Link's Crossbow Training/Van Halen Promotional Copy/1 replacement case, and my total after shipping is $40.73. Cheapest shipping is $11.66.

I'll have to think about this for a while longer.

Picked up 360 box/instructions for RE5 and Prototype and artwork for FEAR for $11.09. Didn't have Darksiders or any of the platinum hits cases, but I'm happy with this.

Wow, there are people foolish enough to pay this much for the worthless manuals and game cases? fuck, time to cash in on this retard train.

I have used this site a few times in the past when I wanted a newer game off of Goozex and the 'disc only' option let me skip to the front of the line. Everything showed up in great condition.

Tempted to order an extra case and cover art for Halo 3:ODST and Forza 3 so that I can snag the bundled versions off of ebay for $30-ish sometime and turn them into the standard versions. I'm picky about things like that.

Hmmm, I just got an e-mail from them after visiting the site and I don't remember ever visiting the site before and I do not remember ever giving them my e-mail.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit: The Op and I must have given our e-mail to the same site and that site must've sold our e-mails to VG Ins. Books.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Wow, there are people foolish enough to pay this much for the worthless manuals and game cases? fuck, time to cash in on this retard train.[/QUOTE]

Some people like to have "complete" condition games and you can't always buy older game in complete condition for a reasonable price. Some people just want something a step up from a crushed and cracked GameStop box without artwork.

But hey if you have the original box + artwork + manual for a bunch of games I picked up for $1 or $2 and will sell them to me for cheaper than this website+40% coupon, then I'll gladly be a "retard" and take your cases and manuals.

[quote name='thorgouge']wow, there are people foolish enough to pay this much for the worthless manuals and game cases? fuck, time to cash in on this retard train.[/quote]

gtfo, you add nothing to this thread.

[quote name='Thorgouge']Wow, there are people foolish enough to pay this much for the worthless manuals and game cases? fuck, time to cash in on this retard train.[/QUOTE]

When you trade in games most stores require you have manual and case so this is a reason why.

the difference, many times, between having a game by its self compared to it being complete with art and manual can mean the difference from 5-20 extra you would get if you sold it. Thats why I bought like $50 worth of stuff to complete my games.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']I have used this site a few times in the past when I wanted a newer game off of Goozex and the 'disc only' option let me skip to the front of the line. Everything showed up in great condition.

Tempted to order an extra case and cover art for Halo 3:ODST and Forza 3 so that I can snag the bundled versions off of ebay for $30-ish sometime and turn them into the standard versions. I'm picky about things like that.[/QUOTE]

just got the bundle earlier in the week for $19, and i just sold both games for $30 each not to long ago...gotta love ebay!

[quote name='shoe478']Edit: The Op and I must have given our e-mail to the same site and that site must've sold our e-mails to VG Ins. Books.[/QUOTE]

I've bought from them before, so that's not the issue in my case at least.

Question to anyone who's used this site before (my apologies if already answered): when ordering 'Display Boxes' (original display box), does that mean I get a physical case + the artwork? The game I want has a listing for artwork and one for display box, so if I get the display box it's a case AND artwork insert, right?

Also, there were a couple posts on the 2nd page where people were saying that the artworks are probably fake print-outs? Can anyone confirm these are originals?

bread's done
Back