40% Off at VideoGameInstructionBooklets.com

WhiteRob

Banned
Just got this in an e-mail:

"Our biggest sale ever is going on now! We're kicking off summer by discounting every item in our store! That's right, every single item is 40% off! This is an Email exclusive offer. If you have friends who need replacement video game instruction booklets, boxes and/or cases, forward this Email to them so that they can take advantage of the savings as well. During checkout, enter the promotion code "JUNE40" and the savings will be reflected in your shopping cart (discount is not applicable on any shipping and/or tax charges). We don't know when we will be able to offer a discount like this again, so act fast.

This offer expires June 14th, 2010."

Great deal if you're looking to complete some of your used games.

[quote name='phantasyx']when I get my order I'm going to send them a email saying that all the stuff was either fake or reprinted and see what happens, I'll post the details.[/QUOTE]

Just a quick note.

Inserts and Manuals released with new games are not always all on the same quality paper. Many factors go into what paper stock is used. Low quality reprints from the manufacturer could be a factor as well.

For example, if you pick up a new copy of Okami, you'll note that the paper stock for the manual is the thinnest and flimsiest (sp?) stock you have ever touched--but, that is how it was shipped when new. The cover of the manual also uses the same stock as the interior pages--often the cover stock is a heavier weight.

If you are not sure if what you have is original, just cruise a few GameStops and check out the paper weight of the game there to find out.

[quote name='donssword']Just a quick note.

Inserts and Manuals released with new games are not always all on the same quality paper. Many factors go into what paper stock is used. Low quality reprints from the manufacturer could be a factor as well.

For example, if you pick up a new copy of Okami, you'll note that the paper stock for the manual is the thinnest and flimsiest (sp?) stock you have ever touched--but, that is how it was shipped when new. The cover of the manual also uses the same stock as the interior pages--often the cover stock is a heavier weight.

If you are not sure if what you have is original, just cruise a few GameStops and check out the paper weight of the game there to find out.[/QUOTE]
I've worked at GS long enough to know whats real and fake, they will get a email full once I'm done.

|
|
|
|

OK, here's my update. Sorry I didn't post it on Thursday, but I was very busy. All the instruction and box combos I received were great

(they were mostly for original Xbox games I bought off GameStop). All of my GameCube cases were great. I ordered about 16 with eight

being hologram ones for sports games. The only thing about ordering the hologram cases is that they could send you some with Lord Of The

Rings or FIFA holograms which wasn't good for the sports I wanted, but I knew that they could send any kind of hologram when I ordered.

Not too bad.

|
|
|
|

The Def Jam Vendetta for Gamecube instruction booklet is excellent. The Guilty Gear XX Accent Core instruction booklet for Wii is excellent.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus for GameCube display box is excellent. The PSP Daxter cover insert is 100% authentic. It

has both of the printed sides, inside and out, which surprised me cause someone said their Metal Gear cover insert was only one sided. The

Daxter instruction booklet is great.

|
|
|
|

Now here's were it gets weird, I ordered 28 Xbox 360 cases and they weren't all in the shape I thought they were going to be in. Some of

the cases have the little security sticker and the big security sticker on the inside. The big sticker is a pain in the ass to take off. Most of

the cases had some outside sticker marks and dirty scuff marks which makes them anything, but new or like new. The biggest surprise was

when they put one of the new ECO-Friendly cases in there! That was not good.

|
|
|
|

I ordered 28 original Xbox cases also and they were suppose to be like new condition, but most of them had scuff marks or sticky stuff on

them. Although they're not as bad as the Xbox 360 surprise I got. I guess it all varies depending on what you order. I ordered from their

Vendio site also, and next time I'll order from the OP site to see what happens.

|
|
|
|
:twoguns::puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's my experience. Ordered 28 original Xbox360 cases, 28 original Wii cases, boxart/case for Daxter (PSP) and boxart/case/manual for Blade Dancer (PSP). All the replacement cases were in like new condition, no scratches, no stickers, no eco-boxes. Some of the cases even had left over Y-Fold wrapping on the corners where the plastic was removed. The PSP cases were definitely originals. Daxter was printed on both sides and Blade Dancer is foil embossed. Definitely not a home print job. The Blade Dancer manual was also like new. Definitely legit. I'm very impressed.

Since we're posting our experiences...

2nd time I've dealt with them.

Was really in it for the boxes and didn't care about the art.
I ordered:
1x Eco Xbox 360 case
1x generic Wii case
1x Display box for Tales of Symphonia.

The eco x360 case had a tiny ding on the plastic cover and a very visible crack (but not broken) where you open the case. I've received these kind of things before from Gamefly when they man handle the stickers (probably with drywall knives). Got it to replace my broken/crack COD:MW2 case that I got from GF.

Generic white wii case was perfect. I wanted to print out my own Wii Sports cover. Though I found out i was out of ink...I hate the sleeve that game comes in. Where the hell do you put/display that sort of thing?!

Display box for ToS came perfect. It's really hard to find those 2 disc gamecube cases and you can't buy them from BRE unless you get 4...The cover art looked suspect. Not saying it's fake. It was a little lighter than my retail copy. This could also be due to the fact that it was the Player's Choice version. I'll edit this post again when I take a look at another player's choice insert.

I mostly ordered GBA boxes and a few inserts. The conditions are fantastic and I'm mostly happy with it...except I ordered the box for Super Robot Taisen OG 2 and they sent me the box for the first one, which I already had. I sent them an e-mail about it - hopefully they can clear something up.

Hey, anyone who's ordered GBA boxes: does this site flatten them when they ship? I worry about potential damage from this and I'd rather have them non-flattened if at all possible.

[quote name='fwbweux']Hey, anyone who's ordered GBA boxes: does this site flatten them when they ship? I worry about potential damage from this and I'd rather have them non-flattened if at all possible.[/QUOTE]

Mine were not flattened and all came in pretty great condition. The whole order came in a box as well.

[quote name='sabanoo']Mine were not flattened and all came in pretty great condition. The whole order came in a box as well.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks. Now to see if I can justify that $15 shipping price; this site is absolutely loaded with boxes/manuals I need.

My Pokemon Platinum case/manual/insert was pristine and shipped very quickly. Pricey with the shipping, even after coupon, but worth it in this case.

[quote name='sabanoo']The plot thickens...[/QUOTE]

Glad I didn't go ahead and order then :lol: I'll wait and see if anyone else has anything to say on the matter, though I don't think I can ever be completely confident now that someone's said their box was flattened.

[quote name='fwbweux']Glad I didn't go ahead and order then :lol: I'll wait and see if anyone else has anything to say on the matter, though I don't think I can ever be completely confident now that someone's said their box was flattened.[/QUOTE]

Might depend on how much you order. I ordered quite a few PS2 cases as well as a few GBA boxes so the entire order came in a medium-sized box. Maybe people are getting them flattened in smaller packages?

Score!

Just ordered the following for $10.49 shipped:

X360 - Beautiful Katamari artwork insert (to replace the sun-faded one I got from Blockbuster recently)
PS2 - Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon instruction booklet (BB copy didn't include one)
GBA - Pokemon Ruby Box and Manual (the only pre-DS Pokemon game I have yet to pick up....now I can just buy a cart-only copy :) )

I ordered from them, received a emailed receipt. Then 7 days later they just gave me a full refund, but never emailed me about it. I only know because I was paying my credit card bill online and noticed they gave me the credit. It just seems odd they would say nothing at all about it. (Yes I checked my spam folder, never got any emails from them).

For those interested I ordered:

1 Instruction Booklet for Game Boy Adv Donkey Kong Country
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Dr Mario & Puzzle League
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy IV
1 Display Box for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy V Advance
1 Instruction Booklet for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy V Advance
1 Display Box for Game Boy Adv Mario Party Advance
1 Instruction Booklet for Game Boy Adv Mario Party Advance
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Sword of Mana

I'm assuming these items were out of stock, so if any of you ordered some of the above items, check your status as they might have canceled.

Very happy with the site. Yeah, its kinda expensive, but customer service was extremely helpful answering questions about my order and my order arrived quickly and in great condition.

Ugh. Ended up caving on this. I have like 15 games from GameStop I got during their online B1G1 glitch that came in shit condition (i.e. lack of manual, DVD case instead of game case, no artwork) and they just piss me off every time I look at them. The games were in such shit condition because they were mostly last gen games (Xbox and GameCube).

Lesson learned: I gambled on B1G1 used and ended up paying for it on the back end because I hate GameStop's DVD cases and lack of artwork.

At least I'll have pretty games now.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is there any place on their site where someone could sell bulk game cases/artwork/manuals for games to them?:D[/QUOTE]

Why sell TO them? Their prices with shipping and tax after 40% off discount were barely reasonable. You could probably just open up shop here on the trading sub-forum and sell to CAGs for like half of what these guys charge and make good money considering you're selling anything BUT the games. Even if you could sell to them, they probably wouldn't give you shit, I'm guessing.

[quote name='kodave']Why sell TO them? Their prices with shipping and tax after 40% off discount were barely reasonable. You could probably just open up shop here on the trading sub-forum and sell to CAGs for like half of what these guys charge and make good money considering you're selling anything BUT the games. Even if you could sell to them, they probably wouldn't give you shit, I'm guessing.[/QUOTE]
Because I don't wanna deal with the hassle of having CAG's go 'you want THAT much' and bitching about shipping costs since I don't pay the $.19 or whatever it is for Delivery Confirmation by doing it through Paypal and printing it out myself.

Every time I've tried offering something for my cost plus shipping it ends up with me just returning the item(s) because some toolbags have to say 'shipping isn't that much, ship it THIS way'.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I ordered from them, received a emailed receipt. Then 7 days later they just gave me a full refund, but never emailed me about it. I only know because I was paying my credit card bill online and noticed they gave me the credit. It just seems odd they would say nothing at all about it. (Yes I checked my spam folder, never got any emails from them).

For those interested I ordered:

1 Instruction Booklet for Game Boy Adv Donkey Kong Country
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Dr Mario & Puzzle League
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy IV
1 Display Box for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy V Advance
1 Instruction Booklet for Game Boy Adv Final Fantasy V Advance
1 Display Box for Game Boy Adv Mario Party Advance
1 Instruction Booklet for Game Boy Adv Mario Party Advance
1 Box & Instructions for Game Boy Adv Sword of Mana

I'm assuming these items were out of stock, so if any of you ordered some of the above items, check your status as they might have canceled.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that some of the items like the Final Fantasy V Advance stuff kept going in and out of stock as if they only had one of each and kept getting 1 more.

On another note I got my 2nd order (of things that came in stock after my first) and all my GBA boxes were again unfolded.

bread's done
Back