40% off select titles at Gamestop

[quote name='dreamerslost']gamestop's trade in policy is a complete joke...
gamestop "great news, you get $3 in cash or $6 in credit on this game that were gonna sell for $50
me "F U CK u gamestop"
places llike bookmans in phoenix give you half of what they sell it for in store credit and around a quarter in cash....... its sad for gamestop when other places offer more cash than gamestop does in credit.......
i dont understand people that sell their games at gamestop[/QUOTE]

People like this just make me laugh.

1. No one if forcing you to trade to them, don't like the prices they give? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! They are a business and they are around to make money, it's sad that they do it by taking advantage of their customers, but guess what? EVERY STORE DOES IT THESE DAYS!

2. If you look around you can have GameStop work for you. Early 2009 I made close to $1,500 in PROFIT in a month (technically only 5 days since it was one weekend of that month and 1 day each of the other 3 weekends).

3. The current $20 trade in promo can be good if once again you use it to your advantage. BBV has games without box art for $10 and I found Ace Combat 6 and got $20 for it, just made $10. Hollywood Video had $5 for all used games $30 and less, that's $15 on each game that is a part of the deal. I just bought three games for $30 and I am going to get $60 for them, doubling my money with minimal effort.

Quit bitching about how companies don't give you more for your stuff and take matters into your own hands. There are tons of places you can get rid of your stuff besides GS or other game stores. Craigslist, ebay, amazon, cheapassgamer.com (OMG WHAT A NOVEL IDEA!!) and many others.

[quote name='token2k6']jesus, what happened in here? counting down until half these posts are removed...

(the large font post was LOLZ)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I give ninja dog's post 5 stars. :lol:

For anyone who's interested, Wet is 50% off, making it $29.99. I remember it being on sale last month in the B&M store, but I missed it.

Ordered Wet for myself and ordered Hannah Montana for my neice. Used SAVER to get free shipping.

[quote name='LordFlux']For anyone who's interested, Wet is 50% off, making it $29.99. I remember it being on sale last month in the B&M store, but I missed it.

Ordered Wet for myself and ordered Hannah Montana for my neice. Used SAVER to get free shipping.[/QUOTE]
I got in the the deal last week for the $30 WET, I am really enjoying this game. Definitely worth $30 IMO!

[quote name='LordFlux']For anyone who's interested, Wet is 50% off, making it $29.99. I remember it being on sale last month in the B&M store, but I missed it.

Ordered Wet for myself and ordered Hannah Montana for my neice. Used SAVER to get free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Also, it looks like it's a price drop and not just an online-only price.

And for all the bitches, you can buy it from Amazon for $56.99.

There's half the problem. You idiot flippers abusing GS means they raise their prices and then when they finally have a B2G1 sale most of the games have Blockbuster stickers and no case or manual. I'm more likely to blame you than GS.

They really need to run more sales and specials on new games. They rely too heavily on used stuff and when the stock suffers the deal becomes pointless. If every other store can discount new games why not GS?

Back on topic now... that's not a bad price for Prototype. I only wish that GS would price match their website because it's $39 in the stores.

[quote name='DPsx7']There's half the problem. You idiot flippers abusing GS means they raise their prices and then when they finally have a B2G1 sale most of the games have Blockbuster stickers and no case or manual. I'm more likely to blame you than GS.

They really need to run more sales and specials on new games. They rely too heavily on used stuff and when the stock suffers the deal becomes pointless. If every other store can discount new games why not GS?[/QUOTE]

without a doubt, the dumbest thing I'll read all day.

To everyone who complains about Gamestop, let me ask you this; who keeps holding a gun to your head and forcing you to patronize them?

You people are the equivalent of the "pro wrestling is fake" guy. Thanks for obnoxiously telling us something we've all known for years as if you're the first fucking person to figure it out. You're never going to change anyone's mind.

Gamestop is actually a great place for deals on games if you monitor this site and are patient. They just gave me $20 credit for Fable 2, which I bought on sale there for $24. If you take advantage of the buy/sell deals they have, you can play games for very little money.

Frankly,

I believe that being in a website called CHEAPASSgamer, all Gamestop/Eb Games's thread of any kind should go against the website's Community Rules, Policy, Forum Rules, Terms of Use & User Agreement, and the ethics and morals laid by our cheap forefathers.

That said, i also believe that Gamestop's actions, as a corporation, are a crime against humanity, internet cheap gamer humanity speaking of course.

Thus, i demand a BAN on all the threads on the front page, which can be said, that are "cluttering" all other deal threads. There are other potential deal threads that are lost into oblivion because of these blasphemous gamestop threads. bah.

The ban can start now. Ban every idiot in this thread, including me, and all the gamestop threads with the idiots on those threads.
ban_them_all.jpg

Cheapy, get to it!
Chop! Chop!
Bah, who am i kidding? lol :lol::booty::whistle2:#
But really Cheapy, do it. :roll:

[quote name='icedrake523']Only title that interests me is Prototype and it's still not low enough.[/QUOTE]

They had it on sale for $29 a few weeks ago and with 10% off to boot, I picked it up with free shipping for $27, so that $35 is a joke, you can go buy it from Amazon for $29 plus shipping right now and still save money.

I openly commented that I was shocked I was actually buying a game from Gamestop of all places, how ironic is that. :lol:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Why does every GS thread have to be derailed and turn into a whine fest, yes we know a lot of people dont like GS. Trust me it has been said pleanty of times, we get it.[/QUOTE]

I think it's because they screw people more than one way, take your pick....

The crappy trade-in-values, unless you rape their "bonus" offers. The lameness they instituted a few years ago about not supplying free return postage (unless specifically asked for, not sure if they changed this) for fucked games, the CS rep laughed about it, when I asked how come they weren't going to send me a envelope to send the broken game back to them.

The open, sold as new game price bull$#!%. The $5 off new-used price, OMG what a deal crap. The $18 Edge 10% off card, with crappy magazine deal, oh WoW!!

That's all I can be bothered to type in right now, but as you can see they do enough to "encourage" me to shop elsewhere, when they @$$ raped me on some games I traded in (I was desperate to get rid of them because I had enough frustrastion playing and not enjoying them, ZoE2, 2 Gundam PS2 games) and only got like $20 TIV (along with 2 DVD's I sold back as well) for their super awesome $32 copy of Odin Sphere. Or lastly selling me a demo copy of Yakuza 1 for $18, then bitching about taking it back, because it would lower their (the store manager's) profit sharing quota. And also throwing fits about me wanting to see the bottom of the disc for quality control before I bought it. (happened frequently)

I won't totally slag'em because occasionally you can get a decent deal from them, problem is the online stock is pitiful compared to what it used to be, I used to do the B2G1 and they had a really nice selection to pick from, now they want you to go to the B&M stores, which I don't like doing because of how far away they are from me.

Last few games I bought were Prototype for $26 (see above) and Onimusha 3 for $15-20 (CAG posted the deal eons ago) and Odin Sphere used which was over 3 years ago now. So basically I have bought 4 games from them in 2 years now, when I used to pop in every few months and get something every now and again (mostly a PS2/GC game, unless I lucked out and they had a decent price on a PS3 game I was looking for)

But now that I have other, better options, unless they throw a bone to me they are quite useless. Some of you guys who trade games in quicker than you change clothes they might be a godsend, but to me someone who keeps pretty much everything I buy (unless I utterly despise it) can't justify the way they do things and continue to do things and feel comfortable with supporting a company that has so many dishonorable practices.

And to the guy who compared Gamefly to Gamestop, gimme a break, they sell a game at a really good price, if it's broken, or doesn't work, they pay for shipping and issue a refund, so why the grief over something that should be so simple at Gamestop, but that Gamefly does better and gives better deals on to begin with. /Rant Done.

[quote name='youenvy']wait $25 to fill out a survey where im in.[/QUOTE]

You actually have to fill $50 worth of surveys to get the $25 gamestop gift card. Something that eats up far to much time to be considered worth it.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']. GS is about making money off the "ill-informed", so let them be.[/QUOTE]

Hence their recent price hikes on things like Wii Motion Plus and other accessories, where Gamestop charges $5 more than every other retail outlet for the same exact thing. Feel very sad for all the parents and grandparents that got ripped off this holiday trying to buy things for their kids. :cry:

Hey everyone, no one here cares, or reads, your stories on how Gamestop sucks. This is the DEALS forum, This is Gamestops "DEAL" if you don't like it, move on, no need to rant post.

Grabbed COD:WAW for $19 used. Nazi zombies here I come!

[quote name='uncle5555']They had it on sale for $29 a few weeks ago and with 10% off to boot, I picked it up with free shipping for $27, so that $35 is a joke, you can go buy it from Amazon for $29 plus shipping right now and still save money.

I openly commented that I was shocked I was actually buying a game from Gamestop of all places, how ironic is that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for $20-$17 on it. I see it as Crackdown (which I got for $20 used), fun but not worth more than that. Reviews are kinda mixed but I enjoy those open world games where you have insane powers. I still have inFamous to open and play so that can hold me off until Prototype is cheap.

MUA2 seems like the only deal. I saw Avatar for $34.99 used the other day but it looks like the price is already back up to $44.99.

[quote name='dreamerslost']so sorry to bash on your favorite store evenft, i guess your one of the ones who likes to throw your money away to greedy corporate types. i might do less complaining if they actually passed some of those huge profits onto their meagerly paid employees....... even if it was in discounts on stuff.... but they dont even do that[/QUOTE]

He wasn't bashing your content. Most of us hate Gamestop.

He was bashing your grammar and mis-guided internet rage. All of you need to chill. Don't go to Gamestop if you don't like it. It's very simple.

[quote name='DPsx7']There's half the problem. You idiot flippers abusing GS means they raise their prices and then when they finally have a B2G1 sale most of the games have Blockbuster stickers and no case or manual. I'm more likely to blame you than GS.

They really need to run more sales and specials on new games. They rely too heavily on used stuff and when the stock suffers the deal becomes pointless. If every other store can discount new games why not GS?[/QUOTE]
Because they rely on their profits for selling used games- give you 15 or 20, sell it for 55.
That's why they always bug you about preorders, so they don't have a million extra copies on the shelf. BTW what is wrong with flippin a few games to gamestop? I just traded two 10 dollar BBV games for 40 at GS. You make some profit and they do as well reselling your games.

[quote name='CaoPi']-_- who's still playing WAW?[/QUOTE]

A lot of people. Last I was on there last week it was still 40k+ people on the servers.

[quote name='ackbar7']I've been waiting to get iCarly for 29.99, what a steal.[/QUOTE]
I was going to get this game as a gag gift- christmas present for a friend.

My earlier post wasn't complaining about GS's prices or policies. I understand as much as anyone that they are a business and need to make money. Who do you think is paying for all those (sometimes) funny ads w/ the little rabbit? That's right, you are. By the same token, how do you think Amazon is able to run the excellent specials they provide? Hmmm....it's because they *don't* advertise. The cost of advertising is something I rarely see discussed, but it has a HUGE impact on how much money companies charge for your business. As a deal-shopping consumer, I'm glad Amazon figured out how to cater to people like me. (Loved the $80/$40 deal about a month ago). :)

Sometimes Gamestop does have decent deals. This sale isn't just one of them. No store has great sales on games each time there is a sale. 95% of Target's advertised sales are pretty bad. Target's clearance however is a goldmine sometimes. Walmart's sale and clearance is almost terrible all of the time, but they have something worth grabbing 2-3 times a year. I could ramble on, but there is no point.

i would strongly suggest not buying from gamestop.com if you haven't before. the packaging is the worst i've ever seen and i'm still waiting on a replacement copy of the game that was busted up because of the packaging...4 weeks now and counting

[quote name='SativaSam']I hope by now that everyone knows Gamestop isn't the place to go for deals. Every now and then there's good power trade deals, but I can't justify spending 60$ on a game and getting back maybe 8 bucks, no matter how much I hated the game or how many times I've beaten the game.[/QUOTE]

Second that on gamestop. I've bought a HANDFUL of used games. I got the edge card a year ago and I've used it like twice maybe? Thankfully, I paid only $2 through that gameinformer promo.

No matter how much you guys complain, I guarantee that almost all of you will still end up spending some kind of money at Gamestop in the forth coming year. It may only be a dollar, it may be 10 thousand dollars, but you will still buy something. Its just business. They rape you, then give you a good deal every once in a while, then you rape them sometimes, and on and on and on. Its the gaming circle of life, get over it and quit whining. Any good business does this. How the heck do you think Wal-Mart makes their money? Same exact way. Give the customer a good deal to get them in the door, then bend them over on a few over priced products to go with their "deal" and bam you make up the money you lost on the deal. Makes sense to me

[quote name='loc0bob']No matter how much you guys complain, I guarantee that almost all of you will still end up spending some kind of money at Gamestop in the forth coming year. It may only be a dollar, it may be 10 thousand dollars, but you will still buy something. Its just business. They rape you, then give you a good deal every once in a while, then you rape them sometimes, and on and on and on. Its the gaming circle of life, get over it and quit whining. Any good business does this. How the heck do you think Wal-Mart makes their money? Same exact way. Give the customer a good deal to get them in the door, then bend them over on a few over priced products to go with their "deal" and bam you make up the money you lost on the deal. Makes sense to me[/QUOTE]

Nice post. You're 100% correct. And the "loudest" of the people bitching will be the first ones to abuse the latest flip or something.

The thing I hate about GameStop is they devs give them in-game content to give out as a pre-order exclusive. Juggernaut in MUA2, the AC2 maps, the B:AA Scarecrow Maps (which aren't even going to be released on PSN/XBLM). In fact, they're advertising a weapon code for Darksiders as a pre-order bonus when anyone can enter it.

The stuff like bad TIVs or opened "new" games I don't like but I just avoid them.

[quote name='icedrake523']The thing I hate about GameStop is they devs give them in-game content to give out as a pre-order exclusive. Juggernaut in MUA2, the AC2 maps, the B:AA Scarecrow Maps (which aren't even going to be released on PSN/XBLM). In fact, they're advertising a weapon code for Darksiders as a pre-order bonus when anyone can enter it.[/QUOTE]

In all fairness, wouldn't the developers be more at fault for stuff like this? They are the ones who strike deals with GS for this exclusive in-game content. Some of it also eventually becomes available. The Gigawatt Blades for inFamous did.

Also, as far as codes that anyone can enter, all stores are guilty of that. I remember when Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga come out, and almost every retailer had their own "exclusive" in-game character, which was really just a code to enter on the password screen.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']In all fairness, wouldn't the developers be more at fault for stuff like this? They are the ones who strike deals with GS for this exclusive in-game content. Some of it also eventually becomes available. The Gigawatt Blades for inFamous did.

Also, as far as codes that anyone can enter, all stores are guilty of that. I remember when Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga come out, and almost every retailer had their own "exclusive" in-game character, which was really just a code to enter on the password screen.[/QUOTE]

I blame GS more b/c I'm betting they're paying the devs off. The devs deserve blame, too. I believe any in-game content available at launch should be on disk or downloadable for free.

sucks ass that the PS3 is 34.99 and 360 19.99, even though I understand due to the high demand of PS3s, my friend just had his 360 rrod took back to Costco got $400 back went to every store in town, target, GS, costco, wally, not one had a PS3 bundle in stock, some had plains though, but not many.

[quote name='dreamerslost']gamestop's trade in policy is a complete joke...
gamestop "great news, you get $3 in cash or $6 in credit on this game that were gonna sell for $50
me "F U CK u gamestop"
places llike bookmans in phoenix give you half of what they sell it for in store credit and around a quarter in cash....... its sad for gamestop when other places offer more cash than gamestop does in credit.......
i dont understand people that sell their games at gamestop[/QUOTE]
I dont understand it either. Its much more profitable to sell it on ebay or craigslist, but some people just like the convenience of going to gamestop and getting money right away.

typical shitty gamestop. raise all the prices on the crappy games and then take the so call discount.

i traded in all my scratched up unplayable games to them. :lol:

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Garbage list of games. Typical GameStop, baited you all in with promises of 40% off! What a joke[/QUOTE]

Technically, the OP did that. On the website, it clearly says "up to," which is a advertising ploy used by all companies, not just GS.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Nice post. You're 100% correct. And the "loudest" of the people bitching will be the first ones to abuse the latest flip or something.[/QUOTE]

I am the last person to be flipping on this site and you'll see me constantly bitching about people that do. But I also bitch about gamestop and it's not about their prices. It's about their policies. As I stated, I got a completely busted up copy of Batman AA and i'm still waiting on a replacement copy from them. I think it's funny that they send you an automated message saying they will respond within 24 hours because every time I e-mail them I wait upwards of 5 days before getting any sort of reply. I suggest never buying online, at least in the store you can ask to see the disc before buying it.

bread's done
Back