$400 80GB PS3 Bundle w/ Motorstorm & Resistance coming soon to Target

This bundle is hardly a deal since Motorstorm and Resistance are both old launch games. Most people have moved on to other games (such as Resistance 2).

On a side note, all the dumbass fanboys in this thread need to STFU. Nobody gives a fuck about how "great of a deal the PS3 is because it plays blu-rays". It plays Blu-ray discs, WE HEARD ALREADY.

I always love how anyone who says anything positive about something or defends something is a "fanboy." I don't know about the other posters who have had the nerve not to say the PS3 is a good price, but I own a 360, too, and as you can tell from my GamerCard, I obviously use it...a lot. But yes, I'm a big Sony fanboy. I want to marry to Jack Tretton. And of course, everyone who only comes into a thread to cry about the PS3's price or say how Sony is in big trouble...they aren't fanboy. They are just informed. Right...

well usually when you buy a new system you haven't had one before so for people who never had a ps3 resistance and motorstorm are good ways to break in the ps3

[quote name='bobthegoat2001']That's why this thread is so big, because of the Sony Blu-Blood Soldiers are at it again. I was hoping they'd quit after HD-DVD died.[/quote]

If you actually read the thread, you would see it wasn't "the sony blu-blood soldiers" that started this console wars talk. This thread was going in the right direction until some idiot fanboy (probably an MS fanboy as usual) started making doom and gloom predictions about the ps3. Yeah, the console is really suffering. 21 million units sold with the highest price tag is something to be really ashamed about *sarcasm*. We all know the 360 and wii are perfect consoles without their flaws. The 360 isn't having any problems with their hardware and the wii is pumping games for their hardcore fans left and right :roll:

[quote name='genius33']Stop It![/quote]

Seriously. Let's do that. I went back and deleted some of my useless posts. Hopefully, a mod will come along and clean this up.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Seriously. Let's do that. I went back and deleted some of my useless posts. Hopefully, a mod will come along and clean this up.[/QUOTE]

Done!

Though I got tired of going back multiple pages so no guarantee I got all the fanboy stuff (on both sides) from way back (which to you guys will appear right above here I guess ;)).

OK, let's stop ALL discussion of the 360 and Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD here. Please only discuss how this deal compares to other PS3 SKUs.

I've been in retail a lot, and I can tell you, this is probably a combination of Target and Sony's permission to have this exclusive deal. Here's what's happening:

Sony knows that they have a required price drop from third party developers coming soon. They can't afford to lose focused developing from big developers when Microsoft pushed most developers away from them already and the Wii is knocking on the back door.

So in desperation to move units while remaining profitable per hardware sale, they're letting Target bundle overstocked greatest hits games with the 80gb unit to try to push sales before the price drop happens.

In my opinion, I think Sony's best move so far would be to make one sku with "enough to get started". Bundle it with one game, one blu-ray movie, an HDMI cable and keep the 80gb hard drive or keep the 120gb hard drive.

My strongest ability as a salesmen came from not having customers have to decide "between" a cheaper or more expensive model. The more hesitation, the more likely they are to walk away from either feeling like they need to save up more for the better model, or going home to think about whether it's worth the extra $100 or not. If you give them one SKU that's bundled, there's no hard decision to make. The only decision is, "Do I want a PS3 or not?" For one, you give them the materials they need to have an HD experience out of the box, you give them a Bluray movie to see how good HD movies look and you give them a game to play.

That's the BEST way to stimulate third party purchases. Most people I know don't even bother with Bluray because they've never seen one before and it's too hard to get people to try something for the first time. Everyone I know that got the Spiderman 3 bundle, has at least 2-3 more Blurays and rents them on weekends because they love the HD look.

I think the bundle is an okay idea, but not at $400. That's still a lot of money in today's economy.

An 80gb PS3 with BC, a 4' HDMI cable, Resistance and I Am Legend or something on Bluray, for $350, would sell like hotcakes.

Great deal for the people who don't have a ps3 yet. Though I recommend people check out the Dell thread for a 20% off ps3 online coupon.

Perhaps if Sony ever decides to bring back PS2 compatible PS3's then I might be interested. I could care less for bundled games, but I'm disappointed that Sony decided to remove BC. If the PS3 ends up failing it's all Sony's fault.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Two free games are two free games. I don't remember anyone crying when Microsoft stuck Sega Superstar Tennis in with the Arcade...a game that GameStop was basically trying to give away at last year's Game Days sale.[/quote]
Resistance and MotorStorm is a great game too..I don't know why people complaining about it..I would bite it if I don't have a PS3 yet..Just think about it you get to have two free awesome games to play..

I doubt their be a PS3 drop this month maybe around the end of this year..but i can be wrong..

[quote name='kraid']Perhaps if Sony ever decides to bring back PS2 compatible PS3's then I might be interested. I could care less for bundled games, but I'm disappointed that Sony decided to remove BC. If the PS3 ends up failing it's all Sony's fault.[/quote]
I am sure you have a PS2 and if you really wanted BC you should of bought the 60gb PS3 ..I got mines cheap from a good friend..I have 2 PS3's don't plan on buying anymore..I will get a 360 when another price drop happen, but i'm still concern about the RROD..:cry:

[quote name='Killagame']I am sure you have a PS2 and if you really wanted BC you should of bought the 60gb PS3 ..I got mines cheap from a good friend..I have 2 PS3's don't plan on buying anymore..I will get a 360 when another price drop happen, but i'm still concern about the RROD..:cry:[/QUOTE]

Because I didn't want to pay $500 for it. Even when they dropped it to $500 before the price drop and new SKU's, I still wouldn't pay that much. I wanted a $300-$350 PS3 with BC.

That's how much I paid for my PS2 at launch and it had BC for PS1. And $300 in 2001 is about the same as $300 today, with the economy being the way it is, inflation is no longer a good argument lol.

I spoke to my Sony rep who stopped at work today and said this was a Target only deal.
Shame because I would be very tempted to grab this for $330 or so shipped through Dell.com.

Unless he's wrong I guess I'll be waiting another year for the PS3, or atleast this Fall. Gheeze how long am I going to wait to get a PS3? Sad times.

The deal does nothing for me. I want one but I'm not going to buy one til they drop the damn price. Get on it Sony!

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I spoke to my Sony rep who stopped at work today and said this was a Target only deal.
Shame because I would be very tempted to grab this for $330 or so shipped through Dell.com.

Unless he's wrong I guess I'll be waiting another year for the PS3, or atleast this Fall. Gheeze how long am I going to wait to get a PS3? Sad times.[/QUOTE]

You're missing a lot of awesome Blu Rays!

bread's done
Back