400 Free Xbox Live Points When You Buy 1000 Or More!

Microsoft usually takes around 4-6 weeks in funding bonus Microsoft Points, so be patient.

I will refer the first five people that send me a PM with their email address, only if you have the intention of referring five+ other CAGs that need it in this thread. Let it spread like a virus, if the problem is the five-person limit.

Edit:
1) Don't ask me to refer you anymore, sorry.
2) It seems the registration page required for becoming an eligible recipient of the points (there's a register link in the email) is down at this time, so this is slightly pointless, unless you're already registered (for what? I'm not sure). Maybe they caught on to what we were doing? Hopefully, they allow registration again later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, have 5 referrals, just PM me with your email address.

EDIT: .....aaaand, I'm out. Enjoy!

Polo14player, it is assumed that you need not to purchase the themed-dlc, but any dlc you want. As long as you buy/redeem 1,000+ MS Points in one transaction, then you should be eligible. But be sure that you are registered. In my email, it said I had to "REGISTER today to be in the know, and get Xbox news updates sent directly to you." I think I opted out of those Xbox news updates.

[quote name='coolflea216']I got the email on 1/22/10 with the Madden theme, purchased the 1000 pts and never got the 400 bonus pts. Anybody else have this happen? I was hoping they would show up eventually, because I really don't want to have to call Microsoft's horrible customer service.[/QUOTE]

Same here I got the email on 1/22 and I purchased the points a couple of days ago.

[quote name='crazy913']i'll shoot out some referrals too. pm me

EDIT: out of referrals![/QUOTE]

Got mine thx :).

PM me for a referral :)

[quote name='dieresis']Polo14player, it is assumed that you need not to purchase the themed-dlc, but any dlc you want. As long as you buy/redeem 1,000+ MS Points in one transaction, then you should be eligible. But be sure that you are registered. In my email, it said I had to "REGISTER today to be in the know, and get Xbox news updates sent directly to you." I think I opted out of those Xbox news updates.[/QUOTE]

I tried to register, but I got the message:

There is an issue with registration at this time. Please try again later

i don't think u need to register to get the deal bc it just says - Unless you register for communications above, Microsoft will not use or retain your email address for any other purpose as a result of this referral. It doesn't say you won't get the deal. read -

* Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per account. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase the 1000 points (or more) from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or redeem a retail Pre-paid card of 1600 Microsoft points (or more) in a single transaction during the promotion period (January 22, 2010–February 5, 2010).

I got my referral but I'm not sure that the promotion is going to work that way. After clicking on the "buy 1000, get 400" ad it just takes you to a regular screen that doesn't say anything about the promotion. The fine print says it is only good for the "named recipient of this e-mail". I'm assuming that means the original xbox live account that the email was sent to since you can put in an email that doesn't even have an xbox live account.

I doubt that registering will work either because that probably just signs you up for the mailing list so you can receive future offers, which is a good thing to do but probably won't help with this offer.

Edit: Out of referrals.

[quote name='fader089']I got my referral but I'm not sure that the promotion is going to work that way. After clicking on the "buy 1000, get 400" ad it just takes you to a regular screen that doesn't say anything about the promotion. The fine print says it is only good for the "named recipient of this e-mail". I'm assuming that means the original xbox live account that the email was sent to since you can put in an email that doesn't even have an xbox live account.[/QUOTE]

in the email that someone sent to me, i clicked the buy 1000 points, get 400 more link and it only takes me to a page that talks about what microsoft points are, what to use them on, etc

but i have 5 referrals so PM me

EDIT: all out on my main but still have 5 more on my other email

Alright, all of my referrals are gone, happy microsoft point buying!

I have 5 referrals to give out. PM me if interested.

-Update-
Out of referrals.

I didn't get my 400 points, but I have the email and will debating that point with Xbox Support later today.

I also have five referrals available for the first five people who PM me with their email addresses.

I have 5 referrals. First 5 people to PM me will get them. Spread the word and send it to 5 people! Lol this is kind of like the movie Pay It Forward where you do good deeds for 3 people then they have to do good deeds for 3 other people. Sadly Trevor died in the end :(

[quote name='puckett101']I didn't get my 400 points, but I have the email and will debating that point with Xbox Support later today.[/QUOTE]

The email says that it can take 4-6 weeks to receive the points. It is kinda like the free 3 months of live with purchase of 2000 points AmEx deal... it takes a little while for MS to actually send you the bonus.

[quote name='polo14player']do u have to send all 5 in one shot[/QUOTE]

No. I don't even know if there is really a limit on how many you can send. I didn't try to send more than 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if you can send as many as you want.

Done deal! I also have 5 referrals up for grabs!! Send me a PM if interested.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I'm cleaned out. Thanks!

So i actually bought 1000 points earlier today in expectation of 'Splosion Man and the Return to Ostagar DLC. I'm actually kinda unclear on how this works, because the e-mail I had my referral sent to isn't actually linked to my gamer tag in any way. Does anyone have any idea if you actually have to register for the newsletter, or what the deal is? (I'm guessing the answer is no, given that it takes 4-6 weeks for the points to show up). I'm happy to buy another 1000 points if necessary, as I know I'll use them eventually, but I'm really kinda unclear as to what is required.

Edited: Especially since registration for that news letter seems to be down, regardless. I'm kinda skeptical about this whole thing - seems kinda random and not very well planned/explained to me.

I just made sure I did it from the email that my gamertag is linked to, we'll all have to make sure and check back and complain if necessary in 3-4 weeks I guess?

Hmmm. Redeemed an older 1600 point card... After I just get this message.

Thank you! You have purchased the following:

Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points Prepaid Card

PointsCardStraight.png

You now have access to the premier online entertainment experience with Xbox LIVE.

All members of Xbox LIVE—Silver and Gold—can buy and download content with Microsoft® Points.

What are you waiting for? Jump in!

Nothing confirming the 400 bonus points.... did I do something wrong? or is this what everyone is seeing?

I'm on the phone with Xbox Support right now - as noted above, it apparently takes 4-6 weeks for the points to be credited - kinda silly if you ask me. However, they're looking into it and if you call Xbox Support and sit on hold for 30-45 minutes and answer tons of questions, you might be able to accelerate that.

Also, I have three referrals left. Please PM email addresses.

I'm out of referrals. I'm guessing since you're gamertag is not linked in any way except for the email, they will email you a voucher to redeem your 400 points? If that's the case, then fine with me.

[quote name='polo14player']do u have to send all 5 in one shot[/QUOTE]

no i sent them one or 2 at a time, and i was able to send 6 total, so i don't think there is a limit, you just keep opening up that "send this email to a friend" and you can keep sending off those emails

OK... you guys that have referrals to give out... what does your confirmation page look like after you purchase the 1000 points. Does it say anything about the 400 bonus? I also gat a confirmation email... no mention of the bonus.

As a side note, does anyone know if you can get re-referred? I'm just thinking here, but buying 1000 points online is $12.50, resulting in a net of 1400 points, or 8.9 cents per point as opposed to the usual 12.5 cents per point. By comparison, buying a 4000 point retail card for $44.99, the lowest price I'm aware of, yields a per-point cost of 10.2 cents. If you can be re-referred, you could yield 6000 points for purchasing 5 1000 point bundles off the Microsoft site for $62.50 total. Thoughts?

bread's done
Back