4000 XBox Live Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars DLC- $59.95 *GameDealDaily.com 7/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

Nearly a year ago we started Gamedealdaily.com, a website dedicated with providing CAGs and gamers worldwide some great deals on video games. Our calling card is our Deal of the Day. A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET. Last fall we also added our Weekly Giveaways, in which we give away 4 free items from our inventory each week. See the bottom of this post for more information on the current prize and how to enter.

As we enter our second calendar year in operation, we hope to offer even better daily deals and giveaways. Please check out our site and PM me with any questions or concerns you may have.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: 4000 XBox 360 Live Marketplace Points + Saints Row 2 + Halo Wars Honor Guard Wraith DLC - $59.95 NEW

2cct4jd.jpg

b68rx3.jpg

jg7fkg.jpg

Microsoft Points enhance game play and entertainment on Xbox 360. Redeem them on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for exclusive game content, arcade games, themes, HD movies and TV Shows, and more. Microsoft Points can also be used to purchase music in Zune Marketplace.

Saints Row 2 is brand new and factory sealed! Saints Row 2 takes place a few years after the original. Several new upstart gangs have been able to sweep in and make their mark on Stilwater. At the same time, a multi-national conglomerate known as the Ultor Corporation has become a pivotal player in city politics, pumping millions of dollars into rebuilding the metropolis. As leader of the Saints, you'll have to do whatever it takes to protect the members of your gang from new enemies, including the Ultor Corporation and rival gangs.

The Honor Guard Wraith is a Covenant vehicle and also a special in-game item, included in the recently released Halo Wars Limited Edition. It is a more ornamental version of the standard Wraith, similar to the "Flame Decal Warthog". Only its appearance is different, as it has a paint scheme that appears similar to the Halo 2 Sangheili Honor Guard armor hence the name (Honor Guard Wraith.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW GAMEDEALDAILY ON TWITTER!

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

We'll use Twitter to keep everyone updated with our daily deals, along with our weekly giveaways, random thoughts, and exclusive un-publicized deals that can be found within our store.

http://twitter.com/gamedealdaily

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW - CHECK OUT OUR ARCADE!

We just added an arcade onto the site with some current and classic arcade games. You can play any of the games, save your high scores, and earn trophies by making it to the top of the leaderboard in any one of the games. We will also add voting capabilities so that you can help select the next additions to the arcade!

Click here to check out the arcade:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/forum/arcade.php

SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Gamedealdaily.com will buy back your games! Don't accept Gamestop's ridiculously low trade-in prices! We buy games, accessories, and systems, all the way from NES to PS3. You can check out many of our trade-in prices at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

If you would like to trade in games that aren't on the list, shoot me a PM or send an email to the site and we will send you a trade quote. Payment for your trades is sent through Paypal (we will pay the Paypal fees) or by money order, so you will be able to spend the money on whatever you like.

Here are the prizes for the period of July 6th - July 20th:

First Prize - Fallout 3 (Playstation 3)

wv8wed.jpg

This Fallout 3 game is brand new and factory sealed!

Vault 101 -- Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

Second Prize - Lost Odyssey (XBox 360)

2yns0td.jpg

The second of two epic RPG projects for Microsoft by Mistwalker, the studio founded by Square-Enix's Hironobu Sakaguchi. You play as Kaim, a man who's been sentenced to live for 1,000 years. The game's storyline takes you through Kaim's life as he lives through multiple generations, becomes a part of many families, falls in and out of love and gets into conflicts. All this is set in a world that is on the verge of a "mystical industrial revolution," where mankind has attained dark powers.

Third Prize - Halo Wars Spirit of Fire Patch + Leader Cards

210kfw5.jpg

Embroidered ship emblem patch. It is actually a rubber emblem of the Spirit of Fire. The 6 Leader cards show information on all six UNSC and Covenant leaders (three leaders for each faction): Captain James Cutter, Sergeant John Forge, Professor Anders, the Prophet of Regret, The Arbiter and the Brute Chieftain.

Fourth Prize - Halo Wars Genesis Graphic Novel

6fupz6.jpg

A graphic novel and prequel to the game, based on the first military campaign against the Covenant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed the deal on the Gears of War 2 map pack code because of the shipping bug. Hopefully we'll have it fixed quickly so we can run the deal tomorrow.

In the meantime, I've put up deals on brand new and factory sealed Fallout 3 games for PS3 and XBox 360.

Thanks! Indeed the shipping bug has been fixed, so you are welcome to place your orders for the Gears of War 2 codes. We will be running them as our Deal of the Day tomorrow, as well.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Seems like you fixed the shipping bug. Just placed my order![/QUOTE]

I put the deal back up for the Gears of War 2 map pack code. I've fixed the shipping bug, so shipping will now show up as FREE. The codes will all be emailed to buyers on Saturday.

We had a bunch of orders on these yesterday and sold through about 80% of our stock already. Order quickly if you want one!

That map pack is easily worth the $2.95, but for those who missed out, plenty on eBay for $4-5. That's where my buddy got his.

Now if they'd only drop the price on the Combustible one, I'd be happy. I've got the pack, but I want to play Horde with others on the Fuel Station level who don't have it yet.

Updated with today's deal for the Call of Duty 4 Map Packs. The Gears of War 2 map codes from yesterday have sold out. I will begin emailing them out to buyers after I post this message.

We have emailed all of the Gears of War 2 map pack codes out. If you purchase more than 5 they will be mailed to your shipping address, free of charge.

Call of Duty map codes will be mailed out tomorrow. We've now sold through about 30-40% of our CoD codes.

Updated with today's deal for Midnight Club: Los Angeles for both the XBox 360 and Playstation 3. Each game is brand new and factory sealed.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Still too much.[/QUOTE]

The game is $57 for the 360 version and $45 for the PS3 version on Amazon. MSRP is still $60. $30 is the lowest I can go on it. That said, we're down to our last few copies for each system.

Also, all Call of Duty codes have been mailed out to buyers. If you had any issues with your code, please email me. Thanks!

[quote name='WilliamG']Haha I wonder where Gamedaily got their Midnight Club LA copies from.... :D :D

(*cough* Best Buy *cough*).[/QUOTE]

It would've been great, but I'm not a Silver member at Best Buy and wouldn't have the time to drive around to a bunch of their stores anyway! I actually just ordered them through our normal supplier. We actually got a nice one-time deal on them because of a small pricing error.

[quote name='shrike4242']Are they new and sealed copies?[/QUOTE]

They are all opened, but I'd guess that at least half of them have never been played. They are originally from the bundles with the headset, and were removed and sold seperately. The game discs are all in like-new condition, I took a look at a number of them and didn't see a single scratch.

I hate describing a lot of our products as used, simply because people generally associate the word "used" with what they get from Gamestop, Gamecrazy, Blockbuster, etc. It's been at least a month or two since we had a used game purchased on our site sent back for a refund or replacement.

^ When you open it, it becomes a used copy... doesn't matter if you play it or not. :)

But PS3 game seems pretty scratch resistant, so used is fine.

[quote name='drfrielgood']They are all opened, but I'd guess that at least half of them have never been played. They are originally from the bundles with the headset, and were removed and sold separately. The game discs are all in like-new condition, I took a look at a number of them and didn't see a single scratch.

I hate describing a lot of our products as used, simply because people generally associate the word "used" with what they get from Gamestop, Gamecrazy, Blockbuster, etc. It's been at least a month or two since we had a used game purchased on our site sent back for a refund or replacement.[/quote]"Unsealed and like-new condition" would be one way to describe them, as would be "used". Though, everyone has differing levels of used, so the more detailed explanation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for clearing it up, as it makes the purchasing decision easier. In for 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't want to stray off topic, but has anyone had the chance to play socom since its release? I traded my copy in but I'm wondering if the technical issues have been addressed (which would warrant this purchase).

I know the reason SOCOM had some mediocre reviews was because of some tech issues. As far as I know, though, Sony corrected these with a few patches. Maybe a regular SOCOM player can answer that question for sure.

[quote name='shrike4242']"Unsealed and like-new condition" would be one way to describe them, as would be "used". Though, everyone has differing levels of used, so the more detailed explanation is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

No problem! Our 'condition' field within each item page in our store is set up with only 'New' and 'Used' as the options, so I suppose that can be pretty vague. In future posts I will be sure to mention in my CAG post a more detailed description of the DoTD's condition.

Tempting, would bite if there was free S/H, already preordered KZ2 so once that is out most of my online time will be playing that.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I don't mean to kill the dude's sell, but this game is horrible. You'd have to pay ME to have this game in my collection.
Just look at all the pissed off comments on the PSBlog that was posted a week ago.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/10/socomcom-phase-20/[/QUOTE]

I read through the first page of comments, and there's maybe 10 people out of 100 that are "pissed off". The positive comments far outweigh the negative.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I read through the first page of comments, and there's maybe 10 people out of 100 that are "pissed off". The positive comments far outweigh the negative.[/quote]

haha, yeah right. They're the same 3 people defending it over and over. Look at the rating of the blog post, its a 3.05/5, thats the lowest I've ever seen on a PSblog post that wasnt mentioning a huge delay. Not to mention, I'VE PLAYED THIS GAME, and you haven't.

This post just about sums it all up.
"Where do I start? 4 months after the game is released, we still have a broken game that still doesn’t have ALL OF THE FEATURES LISTED ON THE BOX AND IN THE MANUAL. How can people support this? We are being spoon-fed garbage by game developers and we are just taking it. This game was removed from my PS3 the day after the 1.3 update. After seeing 3 patches do almost nothing for the game’s stability, seeing the change log go from “the last remaining issue causing the lag hiccup” to “fixed one of the issues causing the lag hiccup” , seeing all the NEW problems the updates caused, AND seeing them implement a broken party system, SOCOM was removed from my PS3. My PS3 will never again be cursed by a game made by Slant 6. This game will never be fixed and will never contain all of the features that are listed on the box. I feel violated that I bought a broken, incomplete game for full price. This is unacceptable and both Slant 6 and Sony(for approving the release of the game) should be ashamed of themselves. Anybody who supports this game and *tries* to act like there are no problems is just a sheep who likes being spoon-fed this garbage."

The game is shit, save your money guys. Killzone 2 comes out next week, and if you don't have it already buy Warhawk instead.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']haha, yeah right. They're the same 3 people defending it over and over. Look at the rating of the blog post, its a 3.05/5, thats the lowest I've ever seen on a PSblog post that wasnt mentioning a huge delay.
The game is shit, save your money guys. Killzone 2 comes out next week, and if you don't have it already buy Warhawk instead.[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head.:applause:

[quote name='mywhitenoise']I don't mean to kill the dude's sell, but this game is horrible. You'd have to pay ME to have this game in my collection.
Just look at all the pissed off comments on the PSBlog that was posted a week ago.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/10/socomcom-phase-20/[/quote]
Have you actually tried it out? It's not as bad as the internet makes it out to be. As usual, the complainers are louder than the supporters. It was a terrible product on release day considering the game lacked features that were on the box, but they've improved the game through some patches since then. It's very much playable and worthwhile if you enjoy the style of FPS SOCOM brings to the table. Not that it's the best FPS I've played, but $15-$20 sounds pretty nice to me for a good game.

Slant Six and Sony should be ashamed at what they allowed onto retail shelves, but at least Slant Six cares and is still working to perfect the game. They could've just given up and moved on to the next project. Apparently since patch 1.30 a lot of people have started/resumed playing and are playing more often, which is telling of the improvements.

I know this comes off to some as A) being a SOCOM/Sony fanboy or B) trying to help this dude sell games, but neither are true. I guess I feel the game doesn't deserve all the uninformed bashing it gets.

I never played SOCOM before picking up Confrontation, and I think it's a really good game. For $14.95 it's a no-brainer purchase to me if you like tactical shooters. Pick it up, hook up with the CAG boys (Tuesday nights and Sunday nights), and be prepared for good times. Good killin'.

[quote name='silks']I never played SOCOM before picking up Confrontation, and I think it's a really good game. For $14.95 it's a no-brainer purchase to me if you like tactical shooters. Pick it up, hook up with the CAG boys (Tuesday nights and Sunday nights), and be prepared for good times. Good killin'.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, I didn't know there was a CAG group for SOCOM. I have a buddy that is huge into SOCOM and is about to pick up a PS3 from me, I'll have to let him know about it.

I'm having trouble with that call of duty map pack. I did what you said..went to that site and typed in the code you sent via email and then typed in the code the site gave me and it doesn't work. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem as well.

I am also having the same issue. Went to the site and followed through to get the 25 digit code to redeem on Xbox Live and it says invalid.

There's a consistently large CAG group for this game. Just got off a 12 CAG game. in addition, the nights are two days in the week.

I have to admit, there are still some flaws like long ass load times, and hanging menu screens, but for some reason, many of us are still willing to play this game 2 hours straight as a group. I really can't explain it.

The reason Socom sucks for ps3 was the tech issues, but the trophies they added are ridiculous. PS5 will be out before anyone gets platinum in this one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back