$42.99 Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Gold Messenger Starter Pack @ eBay

TwistedOrange

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
EDIT: Sold out.

This might be the best deal for Xbox gamers ever...but too bad for me, I'm a PS3 kind of person :D.

The deal is sold by the eBay seller "buy" aka buy.com for $42.99.

Link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never had problem with eBay checkout before. I keep getting this error:

The seller revised this listing since you clicked Buy It Now.
Please review the updated listing or
Click Continue to pay for your purchase. Until you complete checkout, another eBay member may buy this item.

Tried to remove from cart and repurchase, tried Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, Opera, rebooted my computer. Bloody bizarre. Great deal though.

use code: CDDSIGNUP

It'll knock another $1 off. YMMV.

EDIT: Code appears to not work anymore. Sorry folks.

I used my iGoogle homepage newsfeed from slickdeals to get informed of this deal - I wish I knew how to add an RSS newsfeed for CAG - I've tried repeatedly and can't find it.

I still had $18 worth of EBay credit from the Groupon deals, and my son needs a replacement headset and wants the chatpad, so I HAD to pull the trigger on this deal, even though this will be the 3rd 12-month card we have in reserve.

I had the "seller has updated" issue, too - just had to re-checkout quick enough.

And CDDSIGNUP doesn't work - says it's associated with a different user, or something.

[quote name='reapersaurus']I used my iGoogle homepage newsfeed from slickdeals to get informed of this deal - I wish I knew how to add an RSS newsfeed for CAG - I've tried repeatedly and can't find it.

I still had $18 worth of EBay credit from the Groupon deals, and my son needs a replacement headset and wants the chatpad, so I HAD to pull the trigger on this deal, even though this will be the 3rd 12-month card we have in reserve.

I had the "seller has updated" issue, too - just had to re-checkout quick enough.

And CDDSIGNUP doesn't work - says it's associated with a different user, or something.[/QUOTE]
Hm ok. Sorry about that. It was posted on FW earlier and it worked for me. I have no idea what the criteria/restrictions are.

[quote name='reapersaurus']I used my iGoogle homepage newsfeed from slickdeals to get informed of this deal - I wish I knew how to add an RSS newsfeed for CAG - I've tried repeatedly and can't find it.
[/QUOTE]

This is something I'm interested in too, haven't been able to find a way to do the forum though, just the front page...which usually doesn't get the best deals.

If anyone know of a way to access the deals section via rss please post it.

Awesome, thanks OP. Been waiting for this thing to dropped since I missed it when it was 39.99 a while ago.

[quote name='yuyak']use code: CDDSIGNUP

It'll knock another $1 off. YMMV[/QUOTE]

It says "This Redemption Code is linked with another eBay account and cannot be used with this eBay account." :cry:

I gave in and bought one since its the best deal I've seen on 12 months of gold in a while. I wanted gold for Gears 3 on Sep 20th. At least I'll have it a little early ready and waiting. :cool:

I hardly play online and have 2 years left of gold, but went ahead and ordered anyway. The CAG in me figures its worth it since be willing to pay $33 for 12 month; $4 for the points; $3 for the headset and $8 for the chatpad.

Ehh fuck it. Just jumped on this before it's too late. $45 for 12 months of gold, 400 MSP, Textpad, and an extra headset sounds really nice for me considering my gold ends 20 days before Gears 3.

Tax in IL kind of sucks, but still a pretty good deal. I bought one and just checked and see that I have 2 more 12 month cards so I'll probably sell an extra one now. Even if it sells for $40 I'm still getting 400 points, a chatpad, and an extra headset for $7ish dollars... really not that bad.

My gold expires just before Gears 3, so this is perfect timing. Add in the chatpad, MS points, and a headset and it is a great deal :)

Thanks OP! My live was going to expire next month and with the extra headset, I can finally stop fumbling with all those wires on the Turtle Beaches (until CoD).

Thanks OP - Just got the e-mail that my Live expires next month and of course CAG hooks me up with a great deal to renew. Just ordered mine at 6:30pm (pacific), so apparently they still have some available.

Shit, I just bought the pack on sale at Best Buy. Time to buy this one and return it to BB and keep the cheaper price. I don't think I should have any problem, as long as it's still in good condition after shipment.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']In for one. Will use the points and subscription and prob sell headset and chat pad on craigslist. Thanks so much op.[/QUOTE]

I will probably do the same :)

Man I've been wanting to get a chatpad forever but I just can't bite on this despite almost needing one. My set up is right next to my computer so I have an xbox.com page up when I play for faster chat anyway. Still tempted. Gotta start saving for Black Friday though. Going into my blackout period now...

Damn charging tax in IL although it doesnt say in the listing, need Gold for Gears 3.. dont know If I'll get a better deal before it releases.

Edit: thankfully it sold out, I didnt want to think about this all night.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']The horror as I'm logging into my paypal account and as i'm going to confirm the order... it's sold out. I'm a sad panda.[/QUOTE]

i had the same, ohh well. i'm paid through 2014 or 15 and have ~$50ish MS points and just wanted the 'free' chatpad. ohh well, a solid deal on it should sprout up again sometime soon :)

Just received mine! Wow, fastest shipping I've ever had! Got it the next day even though I chose the free slowest shipping :)

[quote name='Envel']Just received mine! Wow, fastest shipping I've ever had! Got it the next day even though I chose the free slowest shipping :)[/QUOTE]

You must live really close. I've only ordered from buy.com 2-3 times and its about 2 weeks every time. This was such a good deal I don't mind if it takes a while I just want it before Sep 20.

I'm shocked it hasn't sold out yet. How many do they have left?

I can't believe I got mine already either. Overnight shipping for FREE! Unbelievable. Haven't tested the chat pad yet, but it looks pretty solid. Wish it would connect where I needed it the most---the drum set.

[quote name='darrenaero']I can't believe I got mine already either. Overnight shipping for FREE! Unbelievable. Haven't tested the chat pad yet, but it looks pretty solid. Wish it would connect where I needed it the most---the drum set.[/QUOTE]

Very lucky. I haven't even got the shipping confirmation email yet... I assume you got it via UPS.

For those who missed out, this messenger pack is $45 at BB after @gamer coupon. It's on sale for $59.99 and the coupon stacks for an extra $15 off.

BTW, @gamer is BB's magazine and has coupons in it each month. Worth the $5 mag purchase or $15 subscription.

[quote name='sassylaurie']For those who missed out, this messenger pack is $45 at BB after @gamer coupon. It's on sale for $59.99 and the coupon stacks for an extra $15 off.

BTW, @gamer is BB's magazine and has coupons in it each month. Worth the $5 mag purchase or $15 subscription.[/QUOTE]

If you can find the magazine anywhere. Every location in my area has apparently been out of Gamer for weeks now.

[quote name='sassylaurie']For those who missed out, this messenger pack is $45 at BB after @gamer coupon. It's on sale for $59.99 and the coupon stacks for an extra $15 off.

BTW, @gamer is BB's magazine and has coupons in it each month. Worth the $5 mag purchase or $15 subscription.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I didn't even notice this. Since this month's magazine runs for 2 months, it's been on my shelf for a while. The reason I was on the fence about ordering it from Buy.com is because I'd have to spend real money as opposed to credit. I would've hopped on the $45 BB credit in a heartbeat instead. Oh well, thanks for the info anyway. I'd probably buy another but don't feel like rushing out tonight before the sale ends.

bread's done
Back