$43.96 Call of Jaurez: the Cartel - Walmart.com (PS3/Xbox360)

Really looking forward to this game. I'm a huge CoJ fan and enjoyed the hell outta the first 2. Plus I got 20 credit from walmart for preordering GoW 3.....too tempting.

Damn TRU had it for $45 too not that long ago, rather them since they usually maintain the price during the 1st week. Oh well, it'll be $40 w/i a month probably @ kmart.

I so want to get this but all early previews make me feel like it is going to suck. I am disappointed they are moving the story to present day instead of old western.

It also an ubisoft game so it will be $20 by sept.

I want to pre-order it, but I also don't want to spend money. I submitted to Amazon as well, since I have so much credit there. I don't want to lose out on the price, though. Maybe I'll order it and cancel if Amazon matches.

Watched the trailer for this on my 360 today, and, while not at all surprising, it came off as all crass, no class. Everything about it seemed like they have Sullen Urban Affliction Shirt Mook squarely in their sights.

It's clearly a barely second-rate game, and I thankfully I don't see it doing well at all. (Unfortunately, I don't think its predecessors did, either, hence the likely reason for the setting shift.) The crowd is there for this sort of derivative pablum, but they're also the type that have no desire to venture from the five or six titles a year that are deemed 'acceptable' for hardasses like themselves.

This isn't so much a vendetta rant I have against this game in particular, as it is my general fatigue towards the lowbrow, almost Neanderthal conventions that seem to be the baseline for entertainment of all types these days (but ESPECIALLY with 'core games'). This game just looks like Generic Thug Concentrate. No-hesitation 'pass.'

bread's done
Back