45 bucks to spend on a game, need help

justin900123

CAG Veteran
like the topic, i have around 45 bucks to spend on a 360 game but im unsure what to get and i need a time killer till red dead (may 18th)

so can anyone give me a couple good games? i was looking at tales of vesperia but its iffy for me, or ODST but mostly just for the reach beta..but im not sure its worth about 40 bucks just to play a beta...but yeah il take any advice honestly. :bouncy:

[quote name='justin900123']like the topic, i have around 45 bucks to spend on a 360 game but im unsure what to get and i need a time killer till red dead (may 18th)

so can anyone give me a couple good games? i was looking at tales of vesperia but its iffy for me, or ODST but mostly just for the reach beta..but im not sure its worth about 40 bucks just to play a beta...but yeah il take any advice honestly. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You're in the opposite position of most CAGs - most of us have too many games to play!

If you need a good action fix then I'd recommend Saints Row 2, Prototype, or Red Faction Guerrilla. You could probably find all three for around $45.

[quote name='Rozz']You're in the opposite position of most CAGs - most of us have too many games to play!

If you need a good action fix then I'd recommend Saints Row 2, Prototype, or Red Faction Guerrilla. You could probably find all three for around $45.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth and I 2nd his recommendations!

[quote name='Rozz']You're in the opposite position of most CAGs - most of us have too many games to play!

If you need a good action fix then I'd recommend Saints Row 2, Prototype, or Red Faction Guerrilla. You could probably find all three for around $45.[/QUOTE]beat it. beat it and beat it =P

Skip Prototype. It was fun for a little bit, then fell apart about half way through. If you haven't played it, see about picking up a copy of Deadrising. It's less than $20 now, and it'll get you ready for Deadrising 2 :)

[quote name='Jedimaster7705']Skip Prototype. It was fun for a little bit, then fell apart about half way through. If you haven't played it, see about picking up a copy of Deadrising. It's less than $20 now, and it'll get you ready for Deadrising 2 :)[/QUOTE]
beat deadrising aswell

Budget and timesinks, have you beaten Fallout 3 or Oblivion yet? How about Just Cause 2? Assassin's Creed 2? All of these have good time wasters for achievements if you are interested.

Or, just go to Gamefly and see what used games you could pick up for $45. Could get a couple.

Tekken 6 is 19.99 after BB RwZ coupon.

GTA EFLC is great
Oblivion is AMAZING along with Mass Effect.
If you get Mass Effect get the Platinum Hits Version. It comes WITH the DLC on a Disc. Its $20 New.
Left 4 Dead.

Or even grab some points cards and get some Arcade Games.
There are some really great ones.
Shadow complex, Marble Blast Ultra, Lumines Live, TMNT Reshelled, Geometry Wars 2, Tecmo bowl THROWBACK is fucking awesome.

Assassin's Creed 1 could be a great one to grab as well real cheap.
Forza 2 if you're into Racing. Again, grab the Plat Hits version for the EXTRA DLC
Resident Evil 5.
Just head to your local Gamestop and check out all the cheap 360 games. There are ALOT of em.
You could get 4-6 games for $45 TOTAL from there. I know Gamestop is considered the "DEBIL" (Yes I know Devil, But thats how Bobby Boucher's Mom says it in the WaterBoy), but you can get some cheap crap there.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Budget and timesinks, have you beaten Fallout 3 or Oblivion yet? How about Just Cause 2? Assassin's Creed 2? All of these have good time wasters for achievements if you are interested.

Or, just go to Gamefly and see what used games you could pick up for $45. Could get a couple.[/QUOTE]
sorry beat all 4 of them aswell...:bomb:

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Tekken 6 is 19.99 after BB RwZ coupon.

GTA EFLC is great
Oblivion is AMAZING along with Mass Effect.
If you get Mass Effect get the Platinum Hits Version. It comes WITH the DLC on a Disc. Its $20 New.
Left 4 Dead.

Or even grab some points cards and get some Arcade Games.
There are some really great ones.
Shadow complex, Marble Blast Ultra, Lumines Live, TMNT Reshelled, Geometry Wars 2, Tecmo bowl THROWBACK is fucking awesome.

Assassin's Creed 1 could be a great one to grab as well real cheap.
Forza 2 if you're into Racing. Again, grab the Plat Hits version for the EXTRA DLC
Resident Evil 5.
Just head to your local Gamestop and check out all the cheap 360 games. There are ALOT of em.
You could get 4-6 games for $45 TOTAL from there. I know Gamestop is considered the "DEBIL" (Yes I know Devil, But thats how Bobby Boucher's Mom says it in the WaterBoy), but you can get some cheap crap there.[/QUOTE]
wow...sad thing is iv beaten just about everything on this list aswell.. maybe i dont need more games lol

but yeah il just hit gamestop and browse around..but i got a while before im going..keep the games coming and see if maybe you find a game i havent beat xD

[quote name='WormFOODx']Take the $45 and go on a date. You seem to play too many video games.[/QUOTE]but real life is so over rated >.>

but honestly my GF has helped me with quite a few of them :applause: and i just spent about 200ish buying her a Wii...so this 40 is mine

lol take advantage of free time with games once you have kids playing a game can feel like your heaven with real quiet time and nothing to but sit and relax

[quote name='Lonedragon87']lol take advantage of free time with games once you have kids playing a game can feel like your heaven with real quiet time and nothing to but sit and relax[/QUOTE]
sounds...fun but seeing as my gf is as big as a gamer as me that would make me feel better knowing she is suffering just as much as me :D

well thanks for the list guys off to gamestop...much appreciated

since you have played every game ever made, i will suggest a good prog rock cd. I find that a good cd can occupy me far more then most games.

Tool- Lateralus (2 secs under max amount on a cd - The single greatest drumming album of all time - and my personal favorite album)
Yes- Yes Songs (live album with over 100 mins of amazing music- near studio quality)

couple one of these with a good book and your all set. Book wise-

Vladimir Nabokov - Pale fire (this is top of my to read list)
George Orwell - 1984 ( very captivating and easier then Russian literature - a political must)
John Gardner - Grendel (this book helped me realize i was a existentialist - lovely story telling that makes a true connection between the reader and a beast)

Enjoy a lovely evening by the fire :)

If you haven't played it yet and you need a time killer, try Borderlands. Think of it as a Crackdown FPS with rpg elements from Diablo. Not to mention you will spend less than $45 to get it new!:D

[quote name='justin900123']anyone at all?[/QUOTE]

Not on the 360, no. Have anything else to suggest games for?

[quote name='optimusprime8062']What about Bayonetta or Nier at the Kmart sale?[/QUOTE]
beat it, got all the items, costumes and both charcters aswell
[quote name='SovietSlayer']go with odst, the reach beta is amazing otherwise i would go with neir but i like niche games.[/QUOTE]
oh boy did i try, apparently im not supposed to play the beta because my 360 refuses to load it...even after iv swaped disk at gamestop 3 times...looks like il be getting a refund and looking again :bomb:

Super Street Fighter 4 just came out a while ago, those $45 could cover tax and the game ;)

You should try it out even if you're not a big fighting fan. Very easy to get into. Though for the perfectionist; hard to master ;)

Think of it like Devil May Cry's combat system. A slash button a shoot button and a style button, and a whole lot of chaos and intricacies that come out of that.

if you like the show twin peaks, i hear you will enjoy the train wreck of a game known as deadly premonition ( i plan on getting it once my $10 coupon ships). it came out at the price of $20. Game is horrible but people seem to love it, so i hope i will as well ( i am watching twin peaks over the week ).

[quote name='pureheat101']get a 4000 xbox point card and play some XBLA games.[/QUOTE]

that is actually a good idea, you can get a DLC or two, maybe an arcade game or two, and you would have some left over for future dlc, then you would have had some fun while you waited for a new game without having to worrie about purchasing something and not liking it (worst case you blow like 2k points on not fun dlc, and you only lost like 25 bucks.)

i have to second borderlands for sure. im also having a pretty decent time with the saboteur and its only $20 now everywhere. but also this week K-Mart has FFXIII and AVP for only $30...

get Saboteur - awesome and very underrated game.
if you like hack'n'slash games pick up Sacred 2 since it's the best action rpg on consoles and huge game(150hours and counting on my first playthrough).
you can also pick up Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena since it is awesome compilation and great title.

you can probably pick all those games for less than 45$ combined.

If you like fighting games, you can't go wrong with Super Street Fighter IV! Plenty of characters to master, and you can go online for some added fun. That should hold you off until Red Dead.

[quote name='justin900123']beat it, got all the items, costumes and both charcters aswell

oh boy did i try, apparently im not supposed to play the beta because my 360 refuses to load it...even after iv swaped disk at gamestop 3 times...looks like il be getting a refund and looking again :bomb:[/QUOTE]
were you just talking about Bayonetta, or did you already beat Nier as well?
some of my favorites, but you might have played them
Borderlands
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Gears of War 1 and 2
get a good sports game, like NHL or even try a baseball game

bread's done
Back