48 Hour Madness - Empire Total War $35.90 w/ Free Shipping!

GoGamer.com - Jason

Official Representative
Hey Guys,

Here is tonight's Madness. Enjoy. :)

Bah...my esteemed co-worker did not turn on the Free shipping. I fixed it. Should show momentarily. Sorry about that. Also, this is the Import version we have for sale. There is no difference between the Import and the U.S. Same game. Just cheaper price.

Here is the correct linky.

http://www.gogamer.com/Empire--Total-War...0VVviewprod.htm

Update: Sold out of the Hub. Like a bat outta hell. Sorry if you missed it.

:)

Jason

www.gogamer.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is sort of off topic, but is there any plans to clearance out those LOTRO:MOM Collectors Editions :)

Empire Total War very good deal I am gonna have to jump on that. My brother loves the game.

I've somehow managed to pass on these sales up until now, but I might have to bite on Sam and Max & Sid Meier's Railroads.

[quote name='KansasFF']I know this is sort of off topic, but is there any plans to clearance out those LOTRO:MOM Collectors Editions :)

Empire Total War very good deal I am gonna have to jump on that. My brother loves the game.[/quote]

Probably not. We did not get a deal on those LOTRO: MOM CEs as far as I remember and we aren't stuck with much. :cry:

Jason

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Probably not. We did not get a deal on those LOTRO: MOM CEs as far as I remember and we aren't stuck with much. :cry:

Jason[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the quick response :)

Empire Total War is charging $2.99 for shipping...How do we get free shipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the deals coming, great site. All imports work on US systems and are identical to US versions right(specifically BIA: Hells Highway, the role playing collection, and Sam and Max), I bought an import from them before and it did but just to make sure.

anybody getting free shipping on TW:Empires???

Cause I'm sure not. It's still a killer deal, but considering I just got laid off I might need those $3 for food.

The total war on sale is the UK version. Which is $39.99 as list in GoGamer, only 10% off. I'll jump on this deal if it's the US version.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Bah...my esteemed co-worker did not turn on the Free shipping. I fixed it. Should show momentarily. Sorry about that. Also, this is the Import version we have for sale. There is no difference between the Import and the U.S. Same game. Just cheaper price.

Here is the correct linky.

http://www.gogamer.com/Empire--Total-War...0VVviewprod.htm

Jason[/quote]

Are you sure? I've heard rumors that the MP lobby is region-limited. However, I've heard conflicting accounts of this.

Does anyone know?

[quote name='Raymond']The total war on sale is the UK version. Which is $39.99 as list in GoGamer, only 10% off. I'll jump on this deal if it's the US version.[/quote]

If you want to pay $18 more the same exact game go for it. :)

Jason

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']If you want to pay $18 more the same exact game go for it. :)

Jason[/quote]

I want to be able to play online with others from North America.

[quote name='noxxle']I want to be able to play online with others from North America.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can Noxxle. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. But feel free to investigate. Even if there is some weird restriction like that the GIGANTIC Campaign makes the cheaper price a great buy. We sell a lot of PC imports and something like what you are claiming is a rarity.

Jason

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']I'm pretty sure you can Noxxle. I haven't heard anything to the contrary. But feel free to investigate. Even if there is some weird restriction like that the GIGANTIC Campaign makes the cheaper price a great buy. We sell a lot of PC imports and something like what you are claiming is a rarity.

Jason[/quote]

I really have no idea. It is just that there seems to be some confusion about this. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816710 and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4606225#post4606225

Sometimes the cdkey can be linked to a specific region. For example Sacred 2 does this.

If anyone is aware of an official statement from the developers, regarding this issue, please post it here.

thanks

[quote name='espionage']is empire total war going to be unsealed like dawn of war 2 was?[/quote]

What is this guy talking about?

Jason?

Anyone know if import versions are eligible for trade at Gamestop and the like? Thinking about BIA but don't want to be stuck with it after I finish it.

[quote name='noxxle']What is this guy talking about?

Jason?[/quote]

A few people said their DOW II packaging was "unsealed". It was sealed. It was just sealed different than what they expected. I guess some publishers are trying to save money by spending less on packaging and using a cardboard-sleeve and sealing with stickers and not shrinkwrap. None of the products we sell are "unsealed", used or refurbs or whatever. We sold a lot of them and they are fine. No worries.

Any other questions Noxxle? You're keeping me from watching ER. LOL.

Jason

[quote name='noxxle']What is this guy talking about?

Jason?[/quote]
I remember a few people saying Warhammer DOW 2 (I think) were not sealed but the code and everything was still good. Anyways I'm in for BIA: Hells Highway and Sam and Max season 1. Thanks Jason
Edit I guess he beat me to it.

Hmm I've really been looking at Empire Total War...

Think it will be worth the 35 bucks? Hope the games not short...anyone know about the length? Wether the import is different?

Damn, picked up Empire earlier and was afraid it'd go on sale here since GG has been back to offering new releases. Oh well was only like $7 more.

[quote name='SuxoR']Hmm I've really been looking at Empire Total War...

Think it will be worth the 35 bucks? Hope the games not short...anyone know about the length? Wether the import is different?[/QUOTE]

I think so, these games usually offer a ton of value and the community around them is great. Import's same as US version except it won't have a special unit probably like some retailers have in their package.

Sweet thanks amusedtoe I think I'll get it, I mostly buy games based on replay value and I love strat games :]

This one looks awesome and hope I can get it asap (need to wait for a deposit to clear :p)

I aim to please, just remember there's a decent learning curve with these and start a bit slow since they aim to simulate period warfare a fair amount of accuracy. This one does get away from the two hour tutorial though, think they were like 15 minutes for the land and sea ones each, before you get into the game and instead introduces a lot of the stuff in context with the "starter" campaign. Big step up.

Awesome I love games that are extremely complex

Can it be played on a competitive level? What comp specs do you have?

At a competitive level? Maybe Empire: TW is different, but Rome: TW, well... the multiplayer consisted of real time battles, and wasn't really worth playing. I love multiplayer RTSes, but I don't think Empire: TW will satisfy that craving. If it's anything like Rome, it's basically a single player game.

Nice price for this and good reviews... would pick it up if the Fall From Heaven 2 mod for Civ IV wasn't totally awesome and sucking up my time. Maybe I will anyway. :p

Well the big thing for multiplayer is the big patch that will be coming at some point between now and when a giant squid is teleported into New York, yes I just saw Watchman, that is going to add competitive multiplayer campaigns.

I'm running a QX6850, 8GB DDR2-800, x2 HD 4850 so everything's cranked up and it's got a perty mouth.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']A few people said their DOW II packaging was "unsealed". It was sealed. It was just sealed different than what they expected. I guess some publishers are trying to save money by spending less on packaging and using a cardboard-sleeve and sealing with stickers and not shrinkwrap. None of the products we sell are "unsealed", used or refurbs or whatever. We sold a lot of them and they are fine. No worries.

Any other questions Noxxle? You're keeping me from watching ER. LOL.

Jason[/quote]

the copy i received from gogamer.com was not sealed in any way - there was no sticker or shrinkwrap (why would i lie?). i can't buy the excuse that this is how the publisher sent out the product because it doesn't make sense from a store shelf stocking standpoint. it makes for easy stealing of the game if i can walk into a store, slide the cardboard sleeve off, and pocket the disc and manual with the cd key without getting through any sort of plastic.

but again, it registered on steam fine so i'm not that annoyed but part of me wonders whether gogamer.com opened these packages and took something out before sending it to me. that's the only reason i can see why i got an unsealed copy and it just makes me more wary about shopping at gogamer in the future.

Can you link this to your steam account or...?
I did it with Dawn of War II when I got it from GoGamer, and it's very handy not to have to even touch the DVD-case after I enter the code.

Just ordered Empire. You might want to fix your Paypal checkout. It made me go through the process of logging into Paypal and confirming my payment source, etc., twice because I didn't have an account on your site and wasn't logged in the first time. I had to go back and make sure I wasn't actually charged the first time before I decided to pull the trigger and order.

[quote name='JazzFlight']Can you link this to your steam account or...?
I did it with Dawn of War II when I got it from GoGamer, and it's very handy not to have to even touch the DVD-case after I enter the code.[/quote]

It has to be linked to steam.

[quote name='espionage']the copy i received from gogamer.com was not sealed in any way - there was no sticker or shrinkwrap (why would i lie?). i can't buy the excuse that this is how the publisher sent out the product because it doesn't make sense from a store shelf stocking standpoint. it makes for easy stealing of the game if i can walk into a store, slide the cardboard sleeve off, and pocket the disc and manual with the cd key without getting through any sort of plastic.

but again, it registered on steam fine so i'm not that annoyed but part of me wonders whether gogamer.com opened these packages and took something out before sending it to me. that's the only reason i can see why i got an unsealed copy and it just makes me more wary about shopping at gogamer in the future.[/quote]

Same with my copy of DoW2. I am 100% positive it did not have shrink wrap. It might of had a sticker. I can't say for sure. Either way, the code worked with Steam. Packaging doesn't matter to me at all, but it is kind of strange.

As for the import version, I'm getting one and trying it out. If it ends up being different, oh well. I'll know not to get imports in the future.

Getting a released-this-week game for $35 is a steal. It's hilarious that Halo Wars is $60 and this game is $35.

[quote name='epb']Just ordered Empire. You might want to fix your Paypal checkout. It made me go through the process of logging into Paypal and confirming my payment source, etc., twice because I didn't have an account on your site and wasn't logged in the first time. I had to go back and make sure I wasn't actually charged the first time before I decided to pull the trigger and order.[/quote]

I experienced the same thing when I bought DoW2 from GoGamer. If you make an account with them and log in before checking out it works fine.

bread's done
Back