48 Hour Madness - Empire Total War $35.90 w/ Free Shipping!

GoGamer.com - Jason

Official Representative
Hey Guys,

Here is tonight's Madness. Enjoy. :)

Bah...my esteemed co-worker did not turn on the Free shipping. I fixed it. Should show momentarily. Sorry about that. Also, this is the Import version we have for sale. There is no difference between the Import and the U.S. Same game. Just cheaper price.

Here is the correct linky.

http://www.gogamer.com/Empire--Total-War...0VVviewprod.htm

Update: Sold out of the Hub. Like a bat outta hell. Sorry if you missed it.

:)

Jason

www.gogamer.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='C4RRnage']It might of had a sticker. I can't say for sure. [/quote]

Mine had one clear plastic round sticker. I'm guessing most did, but obviously some fell through the cracks. I will say that the green packaging movement and one-time activation DRM are definitely not entirely compatible. . .

That being said I wish every PC game I bought came in the same type case my DoW2 from GoGamer came in. They need to get rid of those thick cardboard cases from the 8 CD install era. I mean, I know I'm activating it on Steam, but I'm not throwing it out, so it has to be stored somewhere.

What's the DRM situation on Empire: Total War? Dang, I just read the review in PC Gamer, and I can't remember.

Got a REALLY good review though.

[quote name='espionage']the copy i received from gogamer.com was not sealed in any way - there was no sticker or shrinkwrap (why would i lie?). i can't buy the excuse that this is how the publisher sent out the product because it doesn't make sense from a store shelf stocking standpoint. it makes for easy stealing of the game if i can walk into a store, slide the cardboard sleeve off, and pocket the disc and manual with the cd key without getting through any sort of plastic.

but again, it registered on steam fine so i'm not that annoyed but part of me wonders whether gogamer.com opened these packages and took something out before sending it to me. that's the only reason i can see why i got an unsealed copy and it just makes me more wary about shopping at gogamer in the future.[/quote]

I never said anyone was lying. All I meant was all the ones I saw had a seal of some kind. Maybe some did not? I dunno. I don't personally inspect every unit that goes out. However, one thing for sure is we did not remove ANYTHING from the box. We don't do that. If someone did do that they would be fired.

Jason

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']I never said anyone was lying. All I meant was all the ones I saw had a seal of some kind. Maybe some did not? I dunno. I don't personally inspect every unit that goes out. However, one thing for sure is we did not remove ANYTHING from the box. We don't do that. If someone did do that they would be fired.

Jason[/quote]

my dow2 was not in shrinkwrap but the cd key worked and so did the game it didnt matter to me it was the first time i ever used gogamer and i received it very quick your site rules and some people are way to picky if you want it shrinkwraped go to best buy and spend 15 more

Jason,

Because your replies have been awesome despite someone in here rudely screaming unsubstatiated stuff about open boxes, I just wanted to leave you a note that I'm buying a copy of Empire TW. Thanks for being a part of this community and for quick and constructive responses.

Snooks

Click the one in the picture at the top of the post-that one worked for me (or you should be able to find it on the site itself too).

[quote name='Wolfpup']Click the one in the picture at the top of the post-that one worked for me (or you should be able to find it on the site itself too).[/quote]

Thanks Wolfpup! Just did that and bought it!

I love CAG.

[quote name='epb']Just ordered Empire. You might want to fix your Paypal checkout. It made me go through the process of logging into Paypal and confirming my payment source, etc., twice because I didn't have an account on your site and wasn't logged in the first time. I had to go back and make sure I wasn't actually charged the first time before I decided to pull the trigger and order.[/quote]I never had that problem placing two orders through gogamer with no account with them. It might be a problem on your end. PayPal will always have you log in once when making purchases for obvious security reasons.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Jason,

Because your replies have been awesome despite someone in here rudely screaming unsubstatiated stuff about open boxes, I just wanted to leave you a note that I'm buying a copy of Empire TW. Thanks for being a part of this community and for quick and constructive responses.

Snooks[/quote]

i'm not screaming and it is substantiated, based on how many others have replied. if you didn't order the product, you don't know what you're talking about. i just needed a response from jason as to why my copy was unsealed and he sort of answered it. that's the best i can get and i'm fine with that.

if you want to continue to support jason and gogamer, it's best if you don't turn this thread into a big argument between you and me.

Placed an order of Sam and Max, Railroads, and the RPG collection. Thanks for the deals! I always look forward to what you offer every week.

[quote name='snookie_wookums']Jason,

Snooks[/quote]

That's very nice of you to say Snooks. Thank you. We try hard to offer good deals to the community. Sometimes other distributors do funny stuff with product to save weight i.e. money on shipping and the pull off sleaves etc. but it's rare and if we knew we had bunk product we'd either tell you upfront or just not sell it.

And we're working on some new programs that will make shipping at GoGamer even better. You'll see that later this year. We're growing unlike most other companies right now.

Thanks for the support.

Jason

[quote name='epb']Just ordered Empire. You might want to fix your Paypal checkout. It made me go through the process of logging into Paypal and confirming my payment source, etc., twice because I didn't have an account on your site and wasn't logged in the first time. I had to go back and make sure I wasn't actually charged the first time before I decided to pull the trigger and order.[/quote]

epb,

I missed this post earlier. Please allow me to address it.

You are right, our PayPal payment option SUCKS BIG YOU KNOW WHAT! Why? Well, because our e-commerce solution is hosted by a 3rd Party which shall remain nameless and they did not give us the right PayPal processing suite. There are a couple different kinds of PayPal for merchants like us. The one we are stuck with is the crappy one and it does not tie into our customer account system so even though you go through the steps to create an account with us and you choose to order via PayPal you don't get any updated info on our website etc. Completely stinks I agree.

We have been trying to get them to fix it for over 2 years and have gotten nowhere. If I could fix it myself I would, but I can't.

If you use PayPal with us, we do get the order and you are charged and we will ship. If you see the charge in your PayPal account you're good, you can assume we have the order. If you have any questions about your order give us a shout and we'll give you an update on the order.

We wish it were not this way, but we are still stuck with it for the time being.

We always suggest you use Google Checkout if you want to get order updates for your orders or just do it the old fashioned way.

I hope that helps explain our PayPal.

Jason

[quote name='espionage']i'm not screaming and it is substantiated, based on how many others have replied. if you didn't order the product, you don't know what you're talking about. i just needed a response from jason as to why my copy was unsealed and he sort of answered it. that's the best i can get and i'm fine with that.

if you want to continue to support jason and gogamer, it's best if you don't turn this thread into a big argument between you and me.[/quote]

There's no need to argue. This DOW II issue was an anomaly. Not a huge deal. It happens. Some may have had missing stickers or shrinkwrap, but they apparently all worked as we have gotten none back for bad codes or missing stuff.

Jason

[quote name='lorne']Anyone know if import versions are eligible for trade at Gamestop and the like? Thinking about BIA but don't want to be stuck with it after I finish it.[/quote]

I am willing to bet they won't even know. I know that when I worked at Gamecrazy we had a PAL version of From Russia with Love for the PSP. I was the only one who noticed it.
----------------
Now playing: Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger via FoxyTunes

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']There's no need to argue. This DOW II issue was an anomaly. Not a huge deal. It happens. Some may have had missing stickers or shrinkwrap, but they apparently all worked as we have gotten none back for bad codes or missing stuff.

Jason[/quote]

I'll also mention that mine came completely unsealed, but I have no problems with it. One other odd thing is that it was apparently (at least in part) from "THQ Asia Pacific": the manual is in English, but the support information and address in the back of the manual are for THQ Asia Pacific. Strange, but true.

I have been buying PC games from GoGamer.com for over six years and have been quite pleased with them. Thanks for all the deals!

Picked up Empire yesterday using Dirt Cheap shipping. What's is the general time frame I can expect? I live in the Bay Area if that helps.

[quote name='TehLUEser']Picked up Empire yesterday using Dirt Cheap shipping. What's is the general time frame I can expect? I live in the Bay Area if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Dirt cheap is media mail.

bread's done
Back