48 hour Zelda-thon Impressions (Possible Spoilers)

Lan_Zer0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Some impressions from the event:

ONM Forums

I'm sure a lot more impressions will be popping up all over the web soon. Can't wait to hear more.

EDIT: Ok, since a lot of people seem to be afraid to read it...

- Plot spoilers are minor if you can call them spoilers(mentions a couple names)

- The main thing is, they love the controls, they don't get tired, the wiimote speakers really help with immersion.

Ahh I want to read it, but I'm the type that if I see spoilers, it will REALLY spoil it.

I know some people can enjoy stuff despite spoilers, but for epic games, I can't do it.

I'm looking forward to hearing some basic impressions about the controls, really. I already know the graphics are hotter than hot and I'm sure the storyline and sound are as awesome as ever, but the controls are what I want impressions of.

Wow. He broke his NDA quickly. This stuff's not supposed to be posted until the end of the week according to Jeremy Parrish on 1up.

From most accounts it sounds like the Wiimote control on Zelda teepee is pretty good.

This leaves me wondering what will be the customary WTF decision/policy from Nintendo in this generation of consoles.

Online seems like the easy choice, but it doesn't feel big enough. Maybe they'll forget to include Wii Sports in the bundles and throw in extra cooties instead. We'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wow. He broke his NDA quickly. This stuff's not supposed to be posted until the end of the week according to Jeremy Parrish on 1up.[/quote]Yeah, I think they're supposed to keep quiet till Friday.

Oh well, I'm going to avoid reading anything till I see actual reviews or just very general impressions.

I'm not reading anything about Zelda:TP. The game is going to be great. I don't need to read impressions, spoilers, or reviews to know that.

I'm also going to get it for the Wii because I am not waiting for the GC release. Even if the Wiimote controls are funky, I'll get used to them.

Sounds like the Wii controls aren't a problem, which is good. Pretty much everything else sounds good too. Hopefully TP is GotY material.

I read enough to satiate my appetite. I'm very glad to hear about the controls being spot-on, even with the split-second lag with the sword attack, but I guess that's to be expected.

Nov. 19 can't get here soon enough.

[quote name='jkam']Those vids were great. Every time I see this game in action I keep thinking the graphics look great and I don't understand why people constantly harp on the Wii for graphics in general. This is going to be one hell of a game...its going to be hard to pry me away from it.[/quote]

its becuse a game doesent need to be a ps3 to have good art. yup yup.

"I felt it was extremely important to get others viewpoints instead of just my own when it came to the Wii’s control success rate. The honest overall opinion of myself, and the journalists that I talked to is this. If you play Twilight Princess on the Cube, we feel that you are missing out on an amazing experience." - GoNintendo

"If you buy Twilight Princess for GameCube and not Wii, you are a fool." - Matt Cassamassina, IGN Wii

[quote name='Kaijufan']A 70 hour Zelda game would be great.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly...I've yet to finish a Zelda game and not feel like it was too short.

bread's done
Back