49" LG 4K with HDR $169 at Walmart

Checked the store, like I figured the guy laughed and said "Everyones been looking for that for the past week".

I give up on ever finding anything worthwhile at Walmart.

As a WM electronics employee who deals with flippers/resellers/deal hunters looking for things like this almost daily, just call.
I get what you're saying, but decent employees who actually want to help are not the norm, at least at the Wal-Mart's near me. I've been lied to enough times straight to the face by employees, both regular and management claiming they don't have items in stock, that I don't trust a word any of them say without looking myself. It's frustrating and I do appreciate all the genuinely helpful people like you out there.

Checked the store, like I figured the guy laughed and said "Everyones been looking for that for the past week".

I give up on ever finding anything worthwhile at Walmart.
Yeah, I don't get how anyone finds anything worthwhile at their walmarts. I've been looking at brickseek deals for a while now here and there. I've literally never found a good deal at any store using brickseek. Even if it says they have something in stock, which 99% of the time they usually don't.

Drove to Mt Vernon Oh for business. Stopped in store and saw the tv. Stood next to tv and asked an associate for a cart. Several minutes later another associate brought out a tv. I asked if there is a limit and bought two. $401 for 2 TVs and 3 year warranty for both. Needed a tv for office and guest bedroom. Thanks OP!!!

Fair warning to anyone who plans on buying this or consolation to those who couldn't find it: This has the worst contrast of any TV I have ever seen. If you watch movies or play games in a dark room, you will not be able to make out any detail whatsoever in dark scenes. I returned mine after days of messing with settings and failing to get an even decent picture.
What do you expect with a tv that’s this cheap, just because it says 4k it doesn’t make it good.

What do you expect with a tv that’s this cheap, just because it says 4k it doesn’t make it good.
It's only this cheap and on clearance because the 2018 models are coming out. Stores clear last year's models to make room int he store for newer ones. The TV is normally $500.

You guys may want to wait until the Superbowl weekend deals start showing up. They usually coincide with the timeframe where most stores clear out older models, so you'll probably see more deals like this.

I purchased a TV this size that has a significantly better contrast ratio for $200 2 years ago. This wasn't a "lol 4K" purchase, but rather an attempt to get a TV with reportedly great input lag. The picture quality was too bad to make it worthwhile. IPS panels tend not to have as good of contrast as VA panels, but that knowledge did not prepare me for how truly bad this set is in a low light environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I wanted to be condescending I could have, I’m sure this tv is nothing to write home about. Great for a guest room or office as mentioned but not for anything else.

Fair warning to anyone who plans on buying this or consolation to those who couldn't find it: This has the worst contrast of any TV I have ever seen. If you watch movies or play games in a dark room, you will not be able to make out any detail whatsoever in dark scenes. I returned mine after days of messing with settings and failing to get an even decent picture.
I received the 75” version as a replacement tv and it was horrible. Though the cheap, non 4K (google LG fake 4K panels) IPS panel used doesn’t do LG any favors. The blacks looked grey and the hdr was basically non-exsistent (the panel couldn’t get bright enough to make use of hdr content). Luckily, I was able to swap it out for another Samsung. Anyone buying this as an everyday tv, especially for gaming/hdr content should look elsewhere.

Its been memtioned but tv is not the greatest and people said its faux hdr. Having said that, 170$ is a great deal for kids room or bedroom.

Brickseek shows some stores have “limited stock” but quantity as 0 so I’m sure it’s not worth even checking out but i would’ve grabbed one as a bedroom tv.
A nearby Walmart is actually closing in a couple weeks so I’m hoping I’ll to find something on clearance there

Brickseek shows some stores have “limited stock” but quantity as 0 so I’m sure it’s not worth even checking out but i would’ve grabbed one as a bedroom tv.
A nearby Walmart is actually closing in a couple weeks so I’m hoping I’ll to find something on clearance there
I've had surprising luck finding things at stores listed as limited stock so you might want to check it out. YMMV as always though

Limited stock yes I’ve had that too but it’s also showing the quantity at zero which is what’s throwing me off

"Limited 0" often means that the inventory number shows stock but they can't find it.  I've found an item on the shelves  with that brickseek label.  A big item like a TV more than likely means it's not there, but it's worth a shot.  I've also had managers that couldn't find an item that was showing a 3 on brickseek.  They would talk among themselves knowing what the item was due to a flood of people asking for it, and eventually just 0 out the stock on their handheld scanner.

I wouldnt even pay this little for this TV. I made the mistake of getting one and returned it immediatly. It uses an RGBw panel which is fake 4k. They alternate white pixels in with the red, green, and blue. The white pixels dont do anything but show white, effectively making this TV "3k" due to 25% of the pixels not being able to produce any color. Its also an 8-bit panel, so it will accept an HDR10 signal and give you that little green check mark in your xbox settings but it lacks the color gamut and brightness level to actually show HDR. The TCL 4K's are way nicer if you want a budget TV for a second room or something. I went ahead ponied up the cash for the 60" Samsung 8 series for my home theater.

I wouldnt even pay this little for this TV. I made the mistake of getting one and returned it immediatly. It uses an RGBw panel which is fake 4k. They alternate white pixels in with the red, green, and blue. The white pixels dont do anything but show white, effectively making this TV "3k" due to 25% of the pixels not being able to produce any color. Its also an 8-bit panel, so it will accept an HDR10 signal and give you that little green check mark in your xbox settings but it lacks the color gamut and brightness level to actually show HDR. The TCL 4K's are way nicer if you want a budget TV for a second room or something. I went ahead ponied up the cash for the 60" Samsung 8 series for my home theater.
I agree. If your going to game on one, pay the extra money and get a quality tv (true HDR, 4k, low response time, etc.) from a good brand manufacturer. This LG is only good for watching some tv shows in a spare bedroom or something. Not to game on if you actually care about getting the most from your systems.

I picked up a TCL P605 from Best Buy and blown away. I understand it’s not a $169 TV, but at the same time if the S-series is anything close to the P-series it’s definitely the way to go for a budget TV. They remind me of pre-2007 Vizio. They’ll *be* the next Vizio if they stay this consistent

I'm new to 4K displays, but I got one of these for my brother's room for the holidays and it looks sharp enough. I was very impressed with how Guardians of the Galaxy 2 looked on the 4K disc. Uncharted: Lost Legacy is equally sharp.

Obviously it's going to fall short when compared to a TV double or triple the price, but if you're on a budget, it'll do just fine unless you're that much of a tech snob

I agree. If your going to game on one, pay the extra money and get a quality tv (true HDR, 4k, low response time, etc.) from a good brand manufacturer. This LG is only good for watching some tv shows in a spare bedroom or something. Not to game on if you actually care about getting the most from your systems.
Pretty sure 99% of the people in this thread are saying they are getting it for a spare bedroom...I mean is anyone expecting LG OLED levels for $169? Gotta keep your expectations in check. Even 5 years ago a TV of this caliber would've been $7-800.

I picked up a TCL P605 from Best Buy and blown away. I understand it’s not a $169 TV, but at the same time if the S-series is anything close to the P-series it’s definitely the way to go for a budget TV. They remind me of pre-2007 Vizio. They’ll *be* the next Vizio if they stay this consistent
All of the ratings I've read say the picture quality doesn't quite match up with the P series, but the S series has the same nearly non-existent input lag. Seeing that crazy input lag rating has me questioning if I want to keep the 40" Samsung I bought and go with the S405 instead, considering I'll be using it with my PS3 and don't need strong picture quality.

Or I could just upgrade the TV with the PS4 with a P series.

All of the ratings I've read say the picture quality doesn't quite match up with the P series, but the S series has the same nearly non-existent input lag. Seeing that crazy input lag rating has me questioning if I want to keep the 40" Samsung I bought and go with the S405 instead, considering I'll be using it with my PS3 and don't need strong picture quality.

Or I could just upgrade the TV with the PS4 with a P series.
You won’t regret that p series if you’ve got some good 4k stuff. That said the s series is still a bargain. I got the 40” Samsung myself and kinda wanted bigger so I flipped it on Facebook and made about 20 bucks, got some sushi with that profit and went and picked up a p series lol

bread's done
Back