$499.99 PS4 2TB 500 Million Edition on Dell.com

Like Renzler, mention. Some of us do not live check to check. Many people are able to floats 10x this amt from month to month. Learn to manage your credit and credit score and soon the bank will be paying you to use their funds...
Being able to float $100,000 each month means you shouldn't be on Cheapassgamer, lol. I also don't understand going in on something like this. Might as well just buy silver the next time some SDer posts a deal a few bucks above spot price.

Why is the pro still so expensive. Most places I look it costs more than the MSRP of $400. I realize this is a special edition with a bigger hard drive.
Well lately there has been a shortage of Pros at retail. They are kinda hard to find atm. I'm sure that's due to manufacturing the 500 mil LE and the upcoming holiday bundles that are coming out. Sony actually does a fantastic job with sell-through and managing their hardware distribution and inventory.

There were three different Target cartwheel discount opportunities to buy a Pro in the spring for 15-20% off. Other than that, yeah they typically never go on sale. I've only seen them for $349 in a couple of instances. But there is also not much of a reason to sell them any cheaper. PS4 is the market leader at 300 bucks which is the same price as the Switch, and Microsoft's competition from the XB1X sells for $500.

There's no reason for Sony to drop the price. Price drops are mostly done for competitive reasons. Console gaming is actually very cheap these days already too.

Last edited by a moderator:
These things aren't even worth flipping anymore, so maybe that's part of why it stayed up for so long.
Maybe not short term, but long term these things should hold at least some value value, if what happened with the 20th Anniversary system holds true with this. At the very least, you should get your money's worth out of this. The unfortunate thing with this is the is is the end of the PS4 lifecycle, and most likely the PS5 will have backwards compatibility with the PS4, making this less desirable, but that's pure speculation. I dunno. At the very least they look cool as hell. But I do feel like years from now, 5-10 years from now, they'll be worth something. But I don't think there will be that super short term flippability with this the way you can with other collectors items.

You do realize that's $10,000, right? Even for many people not living paycheck to paycheck, that's an awful lot of money from one's savings account to have tied up in Playstation 4s for God knows how long. Totally agree on it being more work than it's worth a lot of the time, though!
Anyone who is using $10k from a savings account to have tied up in PS4's is doing it wrong. There are these things called credit cards. That is what you would want to use to tie up $10k in something like this.

Maybe not short term, but long term these things should hold at least some value value, if what happened with the 20th Anniversary system holds true with this. At the very least, you should get your money's worth out of this. The unfortunate thing with this is the is is the end of the PS4 lifecycle, and most likely the PS5 will have backwards compatibility with the PS4, making this less desirable, but that's pure speculation. I dunno. At the very least they look cool as hell. But I do feel like years from now, 5-10 years from now, they'll be worth something. But I don't think there will be that super short term flippability with this the way you can with other collectors items.
Yeah, that 5-10 year time-frame is always so hard to gauge. It almost just turns into a crap shoot, as the market does really weird things and doesn't always follow a logical path haha.

Anyone who is using $10k from a savings account to have tied up in PS4's is doing it wrong. There are these things called credit cards. That is what you would want to use to tie up $10k in something like this.
From the conversation, it seemed like 'being able to afford it' and 'not living paycheck to paycheck' would have to be referring to paying for it, not floating it on a card; I might have misunderstood, though. The big issue with floating on a credit card is interest. I have a pretty hefty amount of available credit, but if one doesn't pay off the balance when the statement comes due, then interest is charged, and that just screws with profit big time. If it's a quicker flip, then that's not a problem, of course.

They're not going to go up in value by much.  Look to the 20th anniversary PS4 for a good example for comparison.  People seem to forget that 8 out of 10 things on the reseller market peak around their release week.  That's when demand is usually at its highest. 

They're not going to go up in value by much. Look to the 20th anniversary PS4 for a good example for comparison. People seem to forget that 8 out of 10 things on the reseller market peak around their release week. That's when demand is usually at its highest.
That's a good point. The 20th anniversary PS4 has been allllll over the place for resell price, though, it seems. It even saw a surge in value after the 50 million PS4 was released (which is kind of funny) and then went back down. Of all of my video game purchases in my lifetime, that is definitely the one that I feel the most self loathing for. Lol

That's a good point. The 20th anniversary PS4 has been allllll over the place for resell price, though, it seems. It even saw a surge in value after the 50 million PS4 was released (which is kind of funny) and then went back down. Of all of my video game purchases in my lifetime, that is definitely the one that I feel the most self loathing for. Lol
The toughest thing about the 20th Anniversary console is there's no way to know what # your console is without opening up, which totally tanks the value unless it's a unique number. And even then, it's still opened, it's no longer new.

Not equivalent. The effort and risk to resell is NOT even remotely the same as finding a $100 bill on the ground, and walking away from it.

This is a potential headache waiting to happen. People will pass that up to not have to deal with that stress.
Then leave your 100$. Someone else will scoop it up.

Same here, order confirmed, charge on my CC but no shipping confirmation.. Guess it would get cancelled

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone on here that’s not a dickwad, and has an extra one to offload do let me know! Especially if you’re in central VA.

amazing 2nd post :rofl:

hold your breath until the PMs start rolling in.
You’re saying there’s a lack of civility—of morality—on a place called CheapAss???!!! Excuse my fucking naivety.

I’m just hoping somebody can’t or isn’t willing to make a flip—as I’m in the market for a Pro, like this 500 Mil, and missed out on it. ...but I just might order/wait for the RDR 2 one.

Then leave your 100$. Someone else will scoop it up.
I never planned to purchase this in the first place, let alone attempt to make money off it.

My post is to clearly point out how stupid your analogy was to picking up money off the ground.

I ordered mine probably 15-20 minutes after it went live that night...still kinda expecting it to get cancelled, as I haven't received any shipping confirmation yet either.

Just got off the phone with customer service, after 20 minutes he said mine needs to be cancelled. He said they either ran out or never had any to begin with. Oh well, I tried 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just got ordered delayed email. New delivery estimate October 11th.

Last time this happened they delayed, then they delayed again and required me to call and approve the delay, I called and approved, then they canceled the next day.

Anyone who believed this was going to work out..... Come on. How many would sony have given Dell, a few hundred tops. It was live on slickdeals for over a hour. Tons of people placed orders. If you want 1 bad enough, get 1 now with ebay's 15 percent off coupon there running later today. You might be able to grab one for 650.

​Dealt with Dell too many times to know that this is probably "too good to be true".  Ordered plenty of stuff that evenly got cancelled after multiple push backs from them.  Although I do wish everyone else luck and hope they are able to grab one. 

It would be nice to have, for sure, but I'm not sweating it if it gets cancelled nor will I resort to paying a scalper. There's still the rumored RE2 console to hope for and if that turns out to be false I'm sure there will be some other cool limited editions to be released, like the Spider-Man one that we got. 

Just got ordered delayed email. New delivery estimate October 11th.

Last time this happened they delayed, then they delayed again and required me to call and approve the delay, I called and approved, then they canceled the next day.
I received same email, I guess I better cancel

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Anyone who believed this was going to work out..... Come on. How many would sony have given Dell, a few hundred tops. It was live on slickdeals for over a hour. Tons of people placed orders. If you want 1 bad enough, get 1 now with ebay's 15 percent off coupon there running later today. You might be able to grab one for 650.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

No Fear.

Why is this guy so mad in his posts lol.
1.Brag posts about having X amount of money to flip with is condescending and unnecessary. Scalpers hurt the consumer who actually want to buy the console to play. And we have a rich scalper on a grand scale buying 100k worth of merchandise

2. From the GameStop thread. That thread is heavily monitored by GameStop and it’s associates, talking and bragging about loopholes aloud is a surefire way for it to get nuked.

Which in turn hurts everyone.

Was able to get one for a dollar off some shady looking dude chilling in a dark alley wearing a trench coat & top hat. I believe he said his name was Satoshi Nakamoto but can’t be sure since he was mumbling.

I traded a couple of dirty old gamecubes and a ps1 with broken screen attachment along with a bunch of sports titles and a scratched up sunshine disc to one. Guy said he didn't want to keep the pro because it was #666 but I just put a piece of black tape over it and now it don't bother me. 

bread's done
Back