4gb Lexar Memory Stick Pro Duo - NOW $12.99 AR + shipping - PSP Owners, Look here!

[quote name='Masterkyo']$uck. I hated mail in rebates deal[/quote]

Even before the rebate its a great deal, IMO

tempted, but cheapest shipping for me was $6.32 and if the rebate fails its too much for a backup card
thanks anyway op

Isn't LEXAR the crappy unreliable brand? I'm still waiting for a $10 4GB stick to make up for the fact I spent $80 on a 2GB one a while back.

[quote name='DrNo888']Damn, no in-store pickup.[/quote]

What are you guys talking about, I just ordered and specified local pickup. It looks like it's a new capability of the site, so I saved 5$ shipping.

Nice!!!

Correction, I just got an email from the store saying they don't have that item in stock, pathetic... So much for stock control.

[quote name='javeryh']Isn't LEXAR the crappy unreliable brand? I'm still waiting for a $10 4GB stick to make up for the fact I spent $80 on a 2GB one a while back.[/QUOTE]

I have this card, works fine for the psp. Maybe there is a very slight lag when loading compared to the sony brand but I haven't had any problems in almost a year of use. If there are reliability issues with the brand, I am not aware of them.

[quote name='javeryh']Isn't LEXAR the crappy unreliable brand? I'm still waiting for a $10 4GB stick to make up for the fact I spent $80 on a 2GB one a while back.[/quote]

Lexar is a pretty good brand, but it tends to be slower and not work as well for some of the more intensive memory stick operations.

If all you need is a stick for movies and game saves, you're fine with a Lexar. I have Lexar memory for my digital camera and it's worked great. But I personally would pay a little more for a Sony/SanDisk stick for the PSP, especially if you want to muck around with custom firmware or think you might in the future.

[quote name='stoned99']What are you guys talking about, I just ordered and specified local pickup. It looks like it's a new capability of the site, so I saved 5$ shipping.

Nice!!!

Correction, I just got an email from the store saying they don't have that item in stock, pathetic... So much for stock control.[/quote]

Probably because right on the top of the page it says...

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"NOT AVAILABLE FOR IN-STORE PICKUP"[/FONT]

[quote name='Access_Denied']Lexar memory sticks are too slow for a PSP. Movies and games will lag. They're pretty much only good for music and photos.[/quote]

No they're not... I've been using this same card which I bought for $35 shipped a while back on Frys.com and I've done everything with it. Videos run great, music is fine, photos load fast, and games that I rip to my memory stick from my UMD collection run without any lag. I have a Sony stick and a Sandisk stick as well, and there is no noticeable difference between them.

If you want to use this memory stick for games or movies, don't worry because it works great :lol:

[quote name='Access_Denied']Lexar memory sticks are too slow for a PSP. Movies and games will lag. They're pretty much only good for music and photos.[/QUOTE]

Really? I was just about to order this, but this is really too slow for custom firmware games etc.?

I suspect it's perfectly fine for camera's though, right?

[quote name='hwong3']Really? I was just about to order this, but this is really too slow for custom firmware games etc.?

I suspect it's perfectly fine for camera's though, right?[/quote]

If you need a duo stick, get this, it's cheap and it's all good. Don't listen to those HB anal users... I got few of those sticks, all good. Use them for pics, musics and videos for the PS3, flawless...

Lexar are actually FASTER than normal duo pro sticks on memory card read/write tests. only sandisk Ultra II and III sticks are faster. Sony sticks test results show to have poor performance.

This is a good deal. I already own 4gig lexar and a 4 gig sandisk duo pro gaming edition (same speed as normal sandisks), but I might jump on an extra one for cheap.

Memory is memory, isn't it? I feel like it's kind of like the whole Monster cable argument...people swear they can tell a difference, but it's been proven time and time again that there are no visible differences.

Shoot. At $15, I would have jumped on this at once, but $20 with mail in rebate for a bad rep card is a bit hard to swallow. May have to give it some thought.,

Only problem with Lexar sticks is that you can't use them to play PSX games on your PSP. So keep that in mind if that's where your interests lie, I guess.

[quote name='dinosaursrock']Only problem with Lexar sticks is that you can't use them to play PSX games on your PSP. So keep that in mind if that's where your interests lie, I guess.[/quote]

BS

My lexar has been playing psx eboots since the day I got it. The only problem the lexar had for a while was certain homebrew plugins would not work, which was fixed in a recent fw update.

[quote name='bassec']Memory is memory, isn't it? I feel like it's kind of like the whole Monster cable argument...people swear they can tell a difference, but it's been proven time and time again that there are no visible differences.[/quote]

In the case of flash memory, there are huge differences in reliability and read/write speeds between brands.

i'm using the same exact 4gb lexar memory stick in my cfw psp slim. it works fine with everything i've thrown at it, no lag issues other speak of at all... this is a good deal in my eyes :p

[quote name='Escargoexpress']In the case of flash memory, there are huge differences in reliability and read/write speeds between brands.[/quote]

Indeed. I remember GameSpot did benchmarks on Sony and SanDisk sticks awhile back. There was a noticeable difference, with SanDisk coming out on top.

These guys seem like crooks to me. Not only did I click through the page that says it's $29.99 only to have it show up as $31.99 in the shopping cart but it's charging me 10.4% tax when sales tax here is 9%...

Yeah, I don't like Lexar memory sticks. They do lag when playing movies, games, or other applications. I have a 256MB Lexar I got for free a long time ago and it has problems. Maybe they have gotten better.

[quote name='kosmos13x']BS

My lexar has been playing psx eboots since the day I got it. The only problem the lexar had for a while was certain homebrew plugins would not work, which was fixed in a recent fw update.[/quote]

Could just be larger cards, but I've got an 8GB Lexar that (as of last month, anyway) doesn't work. If the FW update you refer to fixed that, then that's fantastic.

[quote name='ananag112']Yeah, I don't like Lexar memory sticks. They do lag when playing movies, games, or other applications. I have a 256MB Lexar I got for free a long time ago and it has problems. Maybe they have gotten better.[/quote]

Was it a platinum II stick or a regular lexar? The regular ones that have LONG been discontinued were available when the 256MB era was around and were SLOW. The plat II series which is pretty much the only version available today is faster than Sandisk regular duo pros and gaming editions.

[quote name='dinosaursrock']Could just be larger cards, but I've got an 8GB Lexar that (as of last month, anyway) doesn't work. If the FW update you refer to fixed that, then that's fantastic.[/quote]

Like I said the only thing that the newest firmware did was fix the plug in issues it was having for a good while. Maxconsole and other great user base sites have already confirmed all lexars including the 8GB version to work with plug ins, eboots, iso, videos, Britney spears se......nvm, and others stuff. Make sure your converting the eboots correctly (there are some well written guides on maxconsole), if that doesnt work then it's possible that you just have a defective stick and should return/exchange it at your own leisure.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Lexar memory sticks are too slow for a PSP. Movies and games will lag. They're pretty much only good for music and photos.[/quote]

have you actually used one?

[quote name='kosmos13x']Was it a platinum II stick or a regular lexar? The regular ones that have LONG been discontinued were available when the 256MB era was around and were SLOW. The plat II series which is pretty much the only version available today is faster than Sandisk regular duo pros and gaming editions.

Like I said the only thing that the newest firmware did was fix the plug in issues it was having for a good while. Maxconsole and other great user base sites have already confirmed all lexars including the 8GB version to work with plug ins, eboots, iso, videos, Britney spears se......nvm, and others stuff. Make sure your converting the eboots correctly (there are some well written guides on maxconsole), if that doesnt work then it's possible that you just have a defective stick and should return/exchange it at your own leisure.[/QUOTE]

Well, the type of card is a 4GB MSPD PLATINUM II LEXAR according to the site. I'm pretty much sold at this point.

By the way, whats the best firmware to upgrade my normal PSP to? I'm up to 3.52M33 and havent upgraded it since, I just heard that every later version just bugs out on the system.

I have a Sandisk Ultra II Memory Stick Pro Duo (1 NEW/1 BARELY USED) for sale - Both less then $40. CML for trade offers as well! I want PSP games and movies mainly... and an 8GB memory stick pro duo!

[quote name='Bartman3010']Well, the type of card is a 4GB MSPD PLATINUM II LEXAR according to the site. I'm pretty much sold at this point.

By the way, whats the best firmware to upgrade my normal PSP to? I'm up to 3.52M33 and havent upgraded it since, I just heard that every later version just bugs out on the system.[/quote]

Go ahead and upgrade to 3.80M33-5 when you get the chance (you have to upgrade to m33-1 first ...check out the instructions for any special things you have to do). DaX ironed out all the problems pretty much and everything runs perfectly both on official and homebrew side. Theres higher now that dax made that mirrors the official fw release from sony but i havent had time to check them out yet.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yesterday I bought a 8 GB Sony memory card for 47.99 at Best Buy. It was on clearance so what the hell.[/QUOTE]

Awwww.... I want one!

[quote name='Bartman3010']

By the way, whats the best firmware to upgrade my normal PSP to? I'm up to 3.52M33 and havent upgraded it since, I just heard that every later version just bugs out on the system.[/quote]

Where have you heard that? I've been using the newest DAX custom firmware each time one gets released, and there are no problems at all. I'm using 3.90 M33-3 and it is by far the best CFW out ATM. Any updates are downloaded right from the PSP now, so once you get to 3.90 M33-1, then you can download updates just like normal firmware. There's no reason to stay on 3.52 anymore...upgrade :)

What a coincidence, Friday night I did a search on SlickDeals.net for keyword "pro duo". I noticed an expired front page deal, clicked on it anyways because, "Y'never know..." and fortunately I stumbled upon this rebate deal. The previous deal was priced at $31.

Also, I bought this card: 1 GB Sandisk RapidGX Pro Duo card ($13 - shipped)
Anyone got some info on that card?
Official Sandisk website says it's 15MB/sec - read/write

The card I currently have is this one: 2 GB Sandisk Gaming Pro Duo ($24 GCO - shipped)
Which Sandisk is faster? Sandisk doesn't list the speed on this one.

Also, I have PSP Slim w/ 3.71 m33-2. From what I've read, this has the best compatibility w/ PSX games (i may be wrong). I have no clue what Popsloader is supposed to be, and couldn't understand how exactly to use it.

bread's done
Back