4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo: why the price difference?

sergioalb64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Just wondering why this is the case, in case I should consider one option more than the other. I see some 4GB Memory Sticks for the PSP go on eBay for $35-$40, sometimes even less, whereas stores like GameStop have them for $60+. Why the price difference? Are different brands really that different? Are there some that work better / faster than others?

Thanks for your help; I'm strongly considering a PSP purchase and I want the best memory I can get :)

There's alot of variables, some are high speed, some are low speed

some are authentic, others are cheap knocks offs

another factor is that it's Ebay, some things just go for cheaper. I just got a textbook (brand new) for 54 shipped that my bookstore wanted 137 for off ebay

MrDubbs is totally correct. I bought my Pro Duo from eBay[Sony branded, I don't know/care if it's a knockoff or not]: it was $50 shipped, and right after I bought it the seller got banned from dealing with eBay, but it did eventually come through in the mail, and it's been working fine [I've had my PSP for 5~6 months, now].

Really, though, I don't think the brand/etc. makes much of a difference, if any. THey all seem similar to me. [I bought a Sandisk Pro Duo in the window between buying the eBay one and recieving it, returning it, and ... they were pretty much the same speed, only one was $16 cheaper.]

except that if you got it from ebay it is probably fake (but probably still work)

anyway there are only 3 brands. From the reviews get sandisk and avoid the other brand.

In one short answer DONT BUY THEM OFF EBAY

Almost all memory cards on ebay are fakes.
But i dont mean that they are "Don't work at all " fakes.
Just not official brand like Sony, sandisk, etc.
Some of them work perfectly and at speeds slower or equal to real branded ones, but thats if your lucky.

But most of them including the 2 i have personally bought off ebay are hacked memory ones.
which means it does not have the amount of memory that it advertised.
1gb sticks are hack to make it look like a 2gb and 2gbs hack to make it look like a 4gb.
They also dont support magic gate.

Do yourself a huge favor and look out for deals on sites such as buy.com/amazon/fry's.
They often have sales on the memory cards that are close in price to the fake ones on ebay and are 100% better.
I still kick myself sometimes for fallin for those ebay cards.
Got my 4gb off amazon for 35$ months ago.

Sandisk is what I've been using, and look for 4gb for under $59.99. $59.99 is the price you can find at CC (at that price for awhile) or BB (this week). I think the clockspeed for loading is slightly faster for Sandisk versus Sony.

bread's done
Back